Payton bans Team3 from facility

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

JPatera76

Reaction score
Very much needed move imo. Payton will bring russell back down to earth and make him realize he's not above the team and therefore won't be treated as such and afforded the luxuries of someone who is.

Last edited:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm thinking this was part of the delay in Payton signing on..
Like my way or the highway regardless of what Me3 thinks
So he can game mangage or sit..Love it!

Boycie

Reaction score
I'm thinking this was part of the delay in Payton signing on..
Like my way or the highway regardless of what Me3 thinks
So he can game mangage or sit..Love it!
Still an expensive game manager though. I hope he can make a comeback now that it doesn't matter to us for draft position anymore. RW did a lot of good here, even though he left everyone with a bad taste in their mouth, but that is water under the bridge.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Still an expensive game manager though. I hope he can make a comeback now that it doesn't matter to us for draft position anymore. RW did a lot of good here, even though he left everyone with a bad taste in their mouth, but that is water under the bridge.
Sure it's a very expensive basic QB but that's a lesson to learn from

Jville

Reaction score
From the linked article ................

Wilson has a personal performance team made up of trainers, physical therapists, and others who had access to the Broncos facility during the 2022 season. At a press conference in Denver on Monday, Payton said that will no longer be the case.

“That’s foreign to me,” Payton said, via Parker Gabriel of the Denver Post. “That’s not going to take place here. I’m not familiar with it, but our staff will be here, our players will be here and that’ll be it.”

That shouldn't be be a problem for Russell's performance staff.

They can all hang out at the Russell Wilson World Wide Headquarters with all of it's many bathrooms and remote conference from there.

Could work. Unless Payton confiscates Russell's personal devices during working hours.

Culture Shock directly ahead.
Lets ride Payton!

IndyHawk

Reaction score
From the linked article ................

That shouldn't be be a problem for Russell's performance staff.

They can all hang out at the Russell Wilson World Wide Headquarters with all of it's many bathrooms and remote conference from there.

Could work. Unless Payton confiscates Russell's personal devices during working hours.

Culture Shock directly ahead.
Lets ride Payton!
You mean at his huge Denver mansion?Sure but on Bronco time/dime they are gone

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Exactly why they needed somebody like Payton. This "partnership" arrangement with Hackett was absurd. Wilson needs to learn his place and they needed somebody with a proven track record. Hackett was a 'yes man' with weak leaderships characteristics. Wilson needs somebody to reign him in.

Torc

Reaction score
I'm curious about one thing: Is there language in Russ' contract that allows him to have that office, staff and parking? If so, it may be harder than the coach saying "no" to get rid of them.

Although Russ would be crazy at this point to fight him on it IMO.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
This all reminds me of Mike Holmgren and I order for the Hawks to get him had to give him the GM/HC job after a while it was proving to be too much and Mike was basically told if he wants to keep his job we are taking away the GM responsibilities, Mike chose to stay employed

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
I'm curious about one thing: Is there language in Russ' contract that allows him to have that office, staff and parking? If so, it may be harder than the coach saying "no" to get rid of them.

Although Russ would be crazy at this point to fight him on it IMO.

If there was, Payton blew away any entourage clause. And whatever office clause there is can just be dealt with like in Office Space.

NoGain

Reaction score
He's doing RW a favor. By somewhat reducing the entitled douchebag element to him, it might get him in better stead with his teammates and help prolong his career.