Russell Wilson in the Sean Payton Offense, Actually Looks Good??!!

GemCity

Reaction score
IF JSN came back 100% and dominates, would you all open to trading Lockett for a 1st and a 3rd if Broncos come knocking?
Gotta be honest….as much as we all love Lockett, we’d be kind of crazy not to do this if the cap hit were covered…somehow.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Imma just point out a lot of the stuff they did in that game was very familiar.

It’s not gonna last, teams will eventually learn to contain him and be disciplined and not over pursue and sit in 2 high looks and Russ will sit there and look stupid like he always has.

He’s not back, hes cooked.

Ozzy

Reaction score
I think Russ has a bounce back year. Everything went wrong from injuries, rookie coach, pressure etc and it just snowballed. Not saying he returns to top 3 in the league which he was for a stretch of time but he will probably be much better. Although they've already lost multiple receivers to injury which doesn't help.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
During the 2022 offseason, after Wilson was traded, my prediction was that by mid-season, talking-head mediots would be wondering how the Broncos offensive line got so bad so fast. At the time of the trade, we were told that Wilson was going to a much-stronger team than the Seahawks. It was a team with a much-better OL than the Seahawks, with more and better "weapons" than the Seahawks, and a much better defense than the Seahawks. That's why some mediots thought the Wilson trade made the Broncos real contenders.

I was right that the Broncos' OL looked terrible by mid-season, but I was completely wrong about what I actually predicted. Wilson had been so bad in every aspect of the game by mid-season that no talking-head mediots had any difficulty identifying what had gone wrong with the Broncos OL.

But now people are just talking about the Broncos OL as limited or even bad, the same way everyone talked about the Seahawks OL when Wilson was on the team. Just a year ago, we were hearing that Wilson, freed from the shackles of Pete Carroll, and behind a good OL and with better weapons, was going to be a top MVP contender. Now everyone's saying the Broncos OL is bad.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I believe we have the Broncos' 3rd round pick next draft. A high 3rd round pick would be nice.

Yes!

Plus, among those of us who remember the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, at least one of us still enjoys Bronco failure even when the Seahawks don't directly benefit from it. I think I still dislike the Broncos and Raiders more than I dislike the Gold Diggers, Rams, and Cardinals.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Yes!

Plus, among those of us who remember the Seahawks' days in the AFC West, at least one of us still enjoys Bronco failure even when the Seahawks don't directly benefit from it. I think I still dislike the Broncos and Raiders more than I dislike the Gold Diggers, Rams, and Cardinals.
I think I dislike the Broncos more now than I did in the AFC stint we did.
The AFC gig went on way longer than it was supposed to..I'm happy we are
in the NFC just like we started off in and belong.
I don't think there is any other team that has been to both an AFC and NFC
title game..Mudbone/D just needed to hold up for one more game.

Gorgar

Reaction score
Where the two-years-ish ago Kurt Warner video on Russell Wilson showed the holes in Russell's game, JT O'Sullivan of "The QB School" shows that Russell is actually making progress in Sean Payton's offense, throwing to the middle of the field, reading defenses better, etc. Maybe Pete's coddling hurt Russell? Maybe Russell is doing the work to fix his issues now that someone (Payton) is teaching him AND holding him accountable? Plus Russell looks leaner and quicker.

What do people think based on what you see in the QB School video, will Russell actually be a good NFL QB in the Sean Payton offense this season? Is Sean Payton the "Short QB Whisperer"?

I think Dangeruss became uncoachable, persisted on taking sack after sack, and was more concerned with being in the Denver high society limelight than being a real player in poor old Seattle.

OP
OP
olyfan63

olyfan63

Reaction score
I think Dangeruss became uncoachable, persisted on taking sack after sack, and was more concerned with being in the Denver high society limelight than being a real player in poor old Seattle.
Welp, for sure Russ is going to have a hard time scoring 70+ points a game. He got paid, so he doesn't have to care. "Hey Ciara, let's add more bathrooms to the mansion!" The guaranteed contract the Broncos front office gave him, without him having played a down as a Bronco... Right there as the Fumb Duckingest move EVER by a front office.

I think Russell is *trying* to be coachable in Denver. Too little too late?