Panther fan with a question for seahawk fans

krakeniscoming1976

Reaction score
You keep saying the only Wr We Have Is Steve Smith. Tho We Have a New Wr Core with New Wrs The newest aditions is Ted Ginn Jr And Dom Hixon we also Have Armanti Edwards Who Has Improved And Brandon Lafell And Steve Smith. Not Sure If You Going Double Smith Thinking Hes Our Only Good Wr. If Thats The Case Tedd Ginn Will Be Open All Day. We Also have a good Tight End In Gregg Olsen

KillerB

Reaction score
If you remove the homer goggles and look at that list of names, objectively, you will see Steve Smith and a bunch of has-beens and never-weres.

Olsen is legit.

And Ted Ginn is a scary kick returner, so there's that.

Please desist with the capitalization.

Sac

Reaction score
Yes, we realize that you have more receivers, technically, than just Steve Smith. What you fail to realize is that Sherman easily erased him last year, by himself. We won't have to double anyone. And the rest of our secondary will erase the rest of your receiving targets. You just better hope that it isn't Kam Chancellor that does the erasing because if it is, it could potentially have lasting effects.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ted Ginn can only catch punts. Never heard of the other guys. Every team has 5-8 receivers just as the Prancers, but Smith is the only guy anyone outside of Prancer fans have heard of.

Of course the Seahawks will double Smith to start the game. He is the ONLY known threat. The other receivers will be single covered by the outstanding Seahawk DBs until they PROVE to be threats on their own.

The entire Seahawk secondary is pro-bowl caliber and has shut down much better receiving corps before.

OP
OP
K

krakeniscoming1976

Reaction score
KillerB":qbmqccxl said:
If you remove the homer goggles and look at that list of names, objectively, you will see Steve Smith and a bunch of has-beens and never-weres.

Olsen is legit.

And Ted Ginn is a scary kick returner, so there's that.

Please desist with the capitalization.
Ginn will be a Wr also and not just a kick returner. and don't get mad at me because i asked a question. i see people being rude which is not cool shows lack of class

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seahawk fans for the most part, are measuring wide receivers based on how affective we think they will be against Seattle's defense. Steve Smith is good, but I'm not convinced even he will look that good against us. If you want any chance you better figure out a way to run the ball. This is only my opinion. If you know anything about The SEA-FENCE, I think you can understand what I'm saying.

OP
OP
K

krakeniscoming1976

Reaction score
not like i came in and said were going kick seahawks butt or stomp them just asked a question and got a rude response from hawk fans

Sac

Reaction score
krakeniscoming1976":3a1rearu said:
not like i came in and said were going kick seahawks butt or stomp them just asked a question and got a rude response from hawk fans

You got a rude welcoming because you capitalized nearly every word in your original post, and that made it hard to read. The fact that the content of your post was ridiculous was only icing on the cake.

Sherman will erase Smith, in single coverage. The rest of the Legion of Boom will erase the rest of the panthers receiving "threats".

Sharkahawkolic

Reaction score
Lack of class? You just posted a nearly unreadable post on your enemies forum listing a group of scrubs and demanding an answer. That is not "classy." Irregardless, here is the answer to your question. Your team is facing the most dominant secondary in the league. Outside of Steve Smith, your wide receivers haven't done anything, so what else is there to discuss?

Sac

Reaction score
Sharkahawkolic":1tupap9g said:
Lack of class? You just posted a nearly unreadable post on your enemies forum listing a group of scrubs and demanding an answer. That is not "classy." Regardless, here is the answer to your question. Your team is facing the most dominant secondary in the league. Outside of Steve Smith, your wide receivers haven't done anything, so what else is there to discuss?

The Radish

Reaction score
krakeniscoming1976":yi3bfjt3 said:
You keep saying the only Wr We Have Is Steve Smith. Tho We Have a New Wr Core with New Wrs The newest aditions is Ted Ginn Jr And Dom Hixon we also Have Armanti Edwards Who Has Improved And Brandon Lafell And Steve Smith. Not Sure If You Going Double Smith Thinking Hes Our Only Good Wr. If Thats The Case Tedd Ginn Will Be Open All Day. We Also have a good Tight End In Gregg Olsen

I don't see a question in there.

:roll:

hawksincebirth

Reaction score
:2:
krakeniscoming1976":3bhmrs2g said:
there is quite a.bit of grammar and spelling police here. Sorry all us hawks fans are not pompous a holes. Apologies.
To your question I believe Sherman will cover smith. Maybe a few plays with chancellor over the top. I don't expect any of your wrs to catch more than 4 passes imo. Pumped for the game !!!!! Go hawks

hawk45

Reaction score
Having the writing skills of a child isn't helping the civility. You got your answer, you just didn't like it, and the question was childish to begin with.

The obvious answer to "why do Hawks fans say we only have Steve Smith" is, we're discounting everybody but Steve Smith.

And as others have pointed out, even if you had someone else who was a threat, this secondary is the best in the league. There's slim pickings on the outside.

Now Olsen can be a weapon because he can match up vs LBs or safeties, but he isn't a WR is he?

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Dude chill out if you had preperated the question better, without all of the capitals, then maybe the response would have been better. Smith as stated does not scare us. Ginn, outside of punts does not scare us, we have shut down better than Smith and Ginn before. In fact we have shut them both out several times. I like others have never even heard of your other receivers, let's just say they are not household names outside of the Carolinas.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
krakeniscoming1976":2425fxea said:

This is pretty much how all opponents treat opposing fans. Same way they're to seahawk fans at Carolina Huddle or whatever the forum is called. Everyone's just giving their football opinion, no one was out of line.

Again, if you look at things objectively, outside of Steve Smith, the other receivers aren't really known to be much good. Obviously they'll be accounted for, but in a head to head battle, I'm more confident with the Seattle's secondary than the Carolina's WR's. Also, your question was pretty much answered already, your WR's don't seem to pose much of a threat. You don't have to like it or agree, but that's what you asked and there's the answer.