Opinion: Christine Michael to become hot trade target.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2ey8tpli said:
Sgt. Largent":2ey8tpli said:
I don't know about "hot" trade target but I could see the Hawks entertaining offers.

I guess I just don't see it from either side.

For the Hawks, Lynch at most is playing another year or two. Turbin is also under contract for two more years. Given that almost all teams think in three year plans, for the Hawks to trade Michael their three year plan is to completely replace their RB corp, which really isn't likely, given that their a run first offense.

Every other team knows this too. I don't think Michael has much of any trade value anyway, but given these other factors, floating him for trade is basically screaming that he's going to otherwise be cut.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1sfwf9gp said:
Sgt. Largent":1sfwf9gp said:
I don't know about "hot" trade target but I could see the Hawks entertaining offers. Not sure if we could get more than a 5th rounder for him, seeing as he's been riding the bench for two years............and more importantly has ZERO value on special teams.

Which is the most surprising thing to me about Michael, he should at least be a Leon Washington type backup........where he's your 3rd stringer but is fantastic on KR and/or PR.

Confusing as to why Pete hasn't tried to develop Michael into at least a KR. He has all the traits of being a good one.

I would guess ball security would reason No. 1. Suspiciously, he also didn't return at all in college.

Well Pete was willing to put guys like Earl and Sherman back there who got all wild and crazy with ball security..........at least give Michael a chance don't you think?

Sure as hell could do a better job than Baldwin or the slowest whitey on two feet.

cacksman

Reaction score
rideaducati":3trtvb1m said:
northseahawk":3trtvb1m said:
The thing is why is CM considered a fumble prone player? I mean i hear people on this forum and radio mentioning this and make it sound like he is fumbling every other touch.

I remember seeing at least two that he fumbled and got back himself. With as few carries as he was given throughout the season, two fumbles is a lot.

He has 3 fumbles in his entire Seahawk career, pre and regular season. Not nearly enough of a sample size.

cacksman

Reaction score
Rat":3te89dqz said:
vin.couve12":3te89dqz said:
Rat":3te89dqz said:
cacksman":3te89dqz said:
Jeremy Hill (the best rookie RB) would not have received more carries on Seattle than Michael did last year.

Seems extremely unlikely that he would not have earned more playing time than Michael. Probably much more.

Michael doesn't just get limited action, he gets next to none. Our coaching staff wouldn't keep him on the bench/inactive list so much if we were earning playing time.

Right, because you take the best RB in the NFL off the field for Jeremy Hill....

Lynch isn't on the field every play. Lots of teams have great RBs and still have other guys earn playing time, and none of those teams are as run-leaning as this team is. Michael doesn't just get little PT, he gets next to none. Maybe I'm naive, but I have a hard time believing our coaches would keep someone off the field if he had shown he actually deserved to be on it.

Lynch averaged had 17.5 carries per game in 2014. You're telling me that you would take Lynch's carries per game below 15 to give Hill a few? In what world would that fly?
I know you aren't taking those carries away from Turbin because he's a much better pass game back than Hill.

There are very few, if any, RBs in the NFL that have "shown" to be more deserving of PT than Lynch. Naive, you are.

cacksman

Reaction score
Chukarhawk":i10rqg1u said:
C mike has to be in the doghouse. back to back superbowls and he doesn't see the field. Ouch

Was inactive for SB48. I guess they thought they needed more defenders against Denver.

Hindsight, SB49 was the one he should have been inactive for.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
cacksman":1q8k4w0j said:
Lynch averaged had 17.5 carries per game in 2014. You're telling me that you would take Lynch's carries per game below 15 to give Hill a few? In what world would that fly?
I know you aren't taking those carries away from Turbin because he's a much better pass game back than Hill.

There are very few, if any, RBs in the NFL that have "shown" to be more deserving of PT than Lynch. Naive, you are.

We would have been able to run the ball more on first and second down if Bevell hadn't had so many brain farts in the first half of games

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think it has really anything to do with C-Mike being in the doghouse.

It's pretty simple to me, Lynch just isn't a back that you sub out other than for two minute offenses, and that's Turbin..........and that ain't ever gonna change as long as Marshawn's healthy and in a Hawk uniform.

Rat

Reaction score
cacksman":22s9lqps said:

So, there's a number of runs we HAVE to have each game? A guy like Hill could (and would) easily get some carries here and there without dropping Lynch way down. The ability to keep Lynch fresh at this point in his career benefits everyone.

At the very least, Hill would get way more than the 0-1 carries per game Michael usually gets.

I don't know where you're getting that I said Lynch isn't deserving of playing time. The only player I talked about in that respect was Michael. You haven't been watching this team if you think the coaches would give zero playing time to someone who has earned it in practice. They knew Lynch was great when they drafted Michael. You think they used a second round pick on him, with the idea that he'd be used this little?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":2ovb8mx3 said:
I don't know where you're getting that I said Lynch isn't deserving of playing time. The only player I talked about in that respect was Michael. You haven't been watching this team if you think the coaches would give zero playing time to someone who has earned it in practice. They knew Lynch was great when they drafted Michael. You think they used a second round pick on him, with the idea that he'd be used this little?

I think Pete and John had every intention of letting Marshawn walk to save cap space, either in 2013 or last year.............that's why they drafted Michael.

But the combo of Lynch continuing to ball his guts out and produce and Michael not really developing into they dynamic and trustworthy RB that they envisioned when they drafted him has led us to now.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
cacksman":2qmnp2rx said:
Chukarhawk":2qmnp2rx said:
C mike has to be in the doghouse. back to back superbowls and he doesn't see the field. Ouch

Was inactive for SB48. I guess they thought they needed more defenders against Denver.

Hindsight, SB49 was the one he should have been inactive for.

Agree. Having Burley available would have been nice.

Rat

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2kvcpxo4 said:
Rat":2kvcpxo4 said:

I think Pete and John had every intention of letting Marshawn walk to save cap space, either in 2013 or last year.............that's why they drafted Michael.

But the combo of Lynch continuing to ball his guts out and produce and Michael not really developing into they dynamic and trustworthy RB that they envisioned when they drafted him has led us to now.

I can agree with that. What I can't agree with is the notion that some have that Lynch has made it impossible for Michael (or any other quality back) to get any playing time. Our coaching staff is too smart (Bevell included) to not get guys who have the talent and have earned playing time to help the team.

farhat

Reaction score
Why would another team give up anything for a guy who has been a bust? He was our 2nd round pick, but he hasn't impressed the coaches and earned playing time. Even in the 2014 offseason, Schneider said he was one of the most talented players on the roster; but, again, he didn't earn the right to play.

He's unprepared. He's a bad blocker. I'd be surprised if another team gave us anything for him.

cacksman

Reaction score
Rat":17j8t5mj said:
cacksman":17j8t5mj said:

So, there's a number of runs we HAVE to have each game? A guy like Hill could (and would) easily get some carries here and there without dropping Lynch way down. The ability to keep Lynch fresh at this point in his career benefits everyone.

At the very least, Hill would get way more than the 0-1 carries per game Michael usually gets.

Have you just started paying attention this past year? Everyone thought Lynch was gone after this year of his contract. That's the exact reason Lynch held out to push some money from this year, into last year, because he and his agent knew the writing was on the wall. No one expected 2014 to be a career year for him, but that is the position we find ourselves in.

They absolutely did not think Lynch would be this good in 2015 when they drafted Michael.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Hill obviously would have gotten more carries. Are people forgetting the two back to back games where Lynch didn't play the first quarter? Hill would have played those quarters if he's been on the roster. He'd have gotten all of Michaels as well and some of Turbins. Lynch is known to tap out for plays to let his back ups play, even when he isn't tired. Turbin is sometimes in for breathers not for his own skill set. Hill would have gotten more of those.
Football is a business. If Michael had paid off relative to his draft position it's fair to say the Seahawks wouldn't be in a position they feel compelled to offer Lynch an extra 4 million to come for another year. Maybe eventually Michael gets a change to play full time somewhere and shows something a la Ahmad Green but for now he's flawed talent that will stay on the bench and is weak trade bait if he's trade bait at all.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Rat":14cq9k3z said:
Sgt. Largent":14cq9k3z said:
Rat":14cq9k3z said:

I can agree with that. What I can't agree with is the notion that some have that Lynch has made it impossible for Michael (or any other quality back) to get any playing time. Our coaching staff is too smart (Bevell included) to not get guys who have the talent and have earned playing time to help the team.

Professional sports is the ultimate meritocracy, if you're good enough, you will play.

Lynch is headed for the hall of fame, he's not a RB that you sit for 5-6 series a game in order to see if another RB can produce. Now he is a back that isn't as good in a two minute offense, so that's why you see Turbin in our two minute.

But no coach in their right mind benches Marshawn for another 3-4 series a game just to play Michael............just like you wouldn't bench Russell, Earl or Sherman just to see if their backups can play. This if football, you play your best players as much and as long as you can in order to win. Period.

Rat

Reaction score
cacksman":24ddfq9u said:
They absolutely did not think Lynch would be this good in 2015 when they drafted Michael.
I agree with that. I don't believe it's the reason he gets next to no action though. I definitely don't believe Hill would have the same problem.

Latest posts