Bears Den -- Bears trade with Seahawks

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
You couldn’t sell that to Poles. He is building slowly toward 2025. He plays long ball. A first round pick next year is worth no more and no less than a first round pick this year. Bears are not in “win now” mode in this rebuild. Too many roster holes.
Usually when it happens it’s a team really wanting/needing a 2nd rd pick in the present draft willing to part with the future 1st rd pick especially when the team looking for the trade that they think it will be a pick in the last 1/3 of the 1st rd.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Seattle already has 10 draft picks this year I would expect them to be tempted. Van Ness is the player I really like

AgentDib

Reaction score
1-2 Young and Stroud, 3. Anderson, 4. Richardson, 5. Carter
I agree that those five are the only blue chip players this draft and we're being generous including the QBs in there at all due to the positional value. If none of those five are available (because Carter is off our board), then trading down is the obvious move.
That could be the Bears second round pick (61) and 4th round pick (103) at 380 points combined. If the Seahawks are really hot to get Carter, it might take a bit more. Let’s say pick 61+64= 562 points. If Seahawks won’t take that, then there’s possibly no deal to be done. If I proposed this on the Bears forum, I would be banned!
If you're willing to wait for draft day then we could probably deal, even at a much cheaper price for the Bears. I'd wait until the top four were actually off the board, then ring you up and offer #5 for #9 and #61 straight up. That's a wash in the Rich Hill draft value model.

Making that trade down would probably cost us Carter, Witherspoon, Gonzalez, and Wilson or Murphy.. but I don't want to take any of those guys at #5 anyway. I'd probably want to make another small trade down and then take JSN, Nolan Smith, Kincaid or Bresee. Meanwhile #61 could be a prospect I'm high on like Wypler, Hall, Dexter, Charbonnet, Benton, or Campbell.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I agree that those five are the only blue chip players this draft and we're being generous including the QBs in there at all due to the positional value. If none of those five are available (because Carter is off our board), then trading down is the obvious move.

If you're willing to wait for draft day then we could probably deal, even at a much cheaper price for the Bears. I'd wait until the top four were actually off the board, then ring you up and offer #5 for #9 and #61 straight up. That's a wash in the Rich Hill draft value model.

Making that trade down would probably cost us Carter, Witherspoon, Gonzalez, and Wilson or Murphy.. but I don't want to take any of those guys at #5 anyway. I'd probably want to make another small trade down and then take JSN, Nolan Smith, Kincaid or Bresee. Meanwhile #61 could be a prospect I'm high on like Wypler, Hall, Dexter, Charbonnet, Benton, or Campbell.
I like how you think. We could do business. I would love to have JSN on the Bears, but now they will draft a right tackle at #9, because Poles didn’t buy one in free agency with his $100 million. A few of us are annoyed about that.

OP
OP
Bear-Hawk

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
Usually when it happens it’s a team really wanting/needing a 2nd rd pick in the present draft willing to part with the future 1st rd pick especially when the team looking for the trade that they think it will be a pick in the last 1/3 of the 1st rd.

If it wasn’t for the fact that Seattle already has 10 draft picks this year I would expect them to be tempted. Van Ness is the player I really like
It’s hard to put a value on future picks. The Panthers first and second round picks Poles gets in 2024 could land in the top 10 or the bottom 10. I never would have thought the Seahawks would get #5 this year.

Another example is the pick the Steelers get near top of second round for Claypool. I’d like to take back that trade.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Hard pass. Hawks haven't picked this high in forever, and they trade down? Value schmalue. No way John does that.

Jac

Reaction score
That'd be a terrible trade for Seattle. Anything involving their #5 would have to, at minimum, involve a first round pick next year. However, I think they're content selecting between whoever is there among Richardson, Levis, and Anderson.

Latest posts