MSN: Trade Proposal Josh Jacobs To Seahawks

morgulon1

Reaction score
So you want to complain about a problem with no possible legit solution? Your solution does matter if you are trying to debate someone. Your take about us needing better depth at RB is the same as every Seahawks fan.
I'm not trying to debate you bro. My Solution will be watching what the team does. That's the fun of it for me. Not arguing with another fan over something you have no control over. Seems kind of geeky.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I'm not trying to debate you bro. My Solution will be watching what the team does. That's the fun of it for me. Not arguing with another fan over something you have no control over. Seems kind of geeky.
morg don't bother arguing with the kid. he thinks he's an NFL scout and knows better than everyone. if i remember correctly, one mock he had seahawks drafting jake haener in the 2nd round.

knownone

Reaction score
Have people forgotten that Walker exists? He has more explosive plays than Jacobs on 120 fewer carries. Sure, I suppose you could argue Jacobs is a better player, but the marginal increase in talent would not be worth the cost.

AgentDib

Reaction score
How do we know Jacobs is going to stay healthy and productive? He's entering his 5th season, which is the point at which many RBs start to decline in production significantly. Chris Carson, for example, played 4 games in his 5th season and then had to retire. Todd Gurley was an all-pro in his 4th season and looked washed up in his 5th season. Zeke's last pro bowl season was in his 4th season. Kamara went from 5.0 Y/A in his 4th season to 3.7 Y/A in his 5th season. Derrick Henry had a great 5th season but he only started 4 games over the first two years. He missed half of the season in his 6th year.

Jacobs is only available because the Raiders don't want to give him that big second contract which is nearly always a mistake for RBs. IMO, it would be a mistake for us to sign him off the street to an expensive contract and it would be a huge mistake to trade away draft picks to do that.

My take is that finding an outstanding back half way through the draft is pretty tough . This past season Seattle was once again injured at RB and they suffered. Seattle is supposed to be a run first team and they need 2 solid RBs.
I agree 100% that we need lots of RBs, but the way to get them is in the draft, UDFA and veteran minimums. We've been successful at that, we just need to keep picking up new RBs every off-season. People get fixated on big names because you think of them as being healthy and productive, but past success doesn't mean RBs will be healthy and productive in the future.

Chevy

Reaction score

You quoted me trying to debate how to acquire RBs...

No. Jacobs is a nice RB, but not worth trading for when we already have K9 on our team. Good RBs can be had in the middle rounds of the draft.

It would probably take a 2nd round pick to acquire him, and he would be on the sideline most of the time. Waste of resources. We could significantly improve our team using that pick on a position of need like OC, WR, OG, DE, DT, S, CB, or next in line TE.

You basically just named every position on the team except QB and RB.

The problem is that everyone says you can just pick up a great RB in the later rounds or undrafted . Except that Seattle has been clearly undermanned at the position and guys like Homer and Dallas
Aren't able to pick up the slack.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
Don't quote and disagree and then hide in a corner saying I just want to see how it plays out.

Chevy

Reaction score
morg don't bother arguing with the kid. he thinks he's an NFL scout and knows better than everyone. if i remember correctly, one mock he had seahawks drafting jake haener in the 2nd round.
I put a lot of mocks out there and change up prospects. No need to be disrespectful, lets debate prospects.

You just gave him an out to not debate.

Last edited:

Chevy

Reaction score
Hey bro just don't judge or dog someones take if you can't debate with a better or different view.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs in 2022 would be an AWESOME get for the Seahawks... EXCEPT FOR...
- All the wear on the tires, as others pointed out, we likely won't get 2022 Jacobs for but 1 season, if that
- The salary cap issues with giving Jacobs a 2nd contract and getting maybe 1 year of top form and 2 years of "injured"
- Other, cheaper options in the draft, where there's a chance to get a little lucky on say, a 2nd-5th rounder or even a 7th round Chris Carson.

Personally, I'm a fan of the Hawks finding a way to pick up Bijian Robinson, though not at 5. WalkerIII is built for 200-ish carries, not 300-ish. If the Seahawks can pull off a down-up trade, to trade down and take, say, McDonald (Iowa State Edge) at #9, and move up from #20 to #13 and pick up Robinson, that would be draft wizardry beyond awesome. Seaside Joe makes the case here, better than I could.
FWIW, Robinson is the only back in the draft worthy of draft board gymnastics. To me, he looks like the love child of Curt Warner, LaDanian Tomlinson, and Marshawn Lynch, rolled into one. He'll be great for someone in the NFL for at least 4 years. Other than him, #52, #84, whatever, is fine for targeting RBs. Robinson is the one back I can look at and say, "This guy can win us playoff games like BeastMode did in 2013 and 2014".

The whole business about "2 great backs in the same backfield is a waste of resources" is just rubbish IMO. We started last season with 2 terrific backs, one known, one unproven at the time. Penny went down early in the season, and WalkerIII aka K9, stepped in and showed his skills. With K9, we win the Lions game and the Chargers game, due to K9's unique skills. Without Walker, we're no better than 7-10, same as Me3's final season with the Hawks.

Seahawks RBs get injured. It's what they do. With a legit running threat, defenses have to play honest. Without that, it's smoke and mirrors for the Seattle offense.

TL; DR; trading for Josh Jacobs would be extremely foolish; don't do. Draft a Day 2 RB and hope to get lucky, or perform some draft wizardry to somehow snag Bijian Robinson while still picking up some help for Front 7 and IOL.

Fade

Reaction score
They just need to keep drafting a RB in the middle to later rounds every year. Keep the position stocked and low cost. RBs grow on trees.

Spend the money upfront where it matters.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
They just need to keep drafting a RB in the middle to later rounds every year. Keep the position stocked and low cost. RBs grow on trees.

I usually don’t agree with you much on things but I agree with you here.

olyfan63

Reaction score

Elite RBs like Bijian Robinson don't grow on trees. There are, however, some next-tier backs who could do well in Seattle's system and perhaps be acquired in middle rounds. It's a crapshoot, pass him up and miss out on an elite talent, or draft him and he is oft-injured and is unavailable half the time. Or draft him and he absolutely lights it up for 4 years and the Hawks win another couple Lombardis, with Robinson making several late-game, game-winning TD runs in multiple playoff games. Swing for the fences? Or play it safe, and draft several potential front 7 studs in early rounds and hope to find a diamond in the rough RB in the mid-late rounds?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs ran for over 1653 yards last season(led the league), 12 rushing TDs, and 400 yards receiving. He definitely would be a good partner to tag up with Walker. I'm neutral on trading for him but it's not like he is chopped liver. He's a very productive back. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JacoJo01.htm
Sound's to me like JJ was the most important player in their Offense (besides Carr) & would be a key piece for the Raiders to KEEP in their rebuilding process eh?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Josh Jacobs ran for over 1653 yards last season(led the league), 12 rushing TDs, and 400 yards receiving. He definitely would be a good partner to tag up with Walker. I'm neutral on trading for him but it's not like he is chopped liver. He's a very productive back. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/J/JacoJo01.htm

He's also a UFA next year who's making 10M and is looking to get paid for his great 2022 season.

So not only bad trade giving up draft capital for a one year rent-a-player, but also wants a big contract (Why the Raiders are trying to trade him).

No thanks. Get a RB in the draft who can spell Walker and develop.