No QB in the draft because we already have him.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I completely agree. Like it or not (and I'm not convinced yet that I do), Drew Lock is the Hawks QB of the future. In addition to the points made in the article, Drew Lock turned down an opportunity to go to Tampa and probably be their QB1 next year. Instead, he chose to remain with Seattle and backup Geno for at least one more year. It's hard to imagine him doing this without at least some assurance that he would eventually (in a year or two) replace Geno.

renofox

Reaction score
Most of those who think Lock will suck when called upon, are also those who thought Geno would suck when called upon.

Lock has skills. It appears PCJS think he's developing well. For all we know, he may be better than Geno by now.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
My post history proves I'm on board with this.

I'd love to see what Lock can do in Waldron's offense after being in it for a year like Geno was.

OP
OP
HomerJHawk

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
When the time comes that we lose Geno and still have Lock, of course another QB will be brought in to compete. But not taking a QB this year means the front office likes our situation the next couple years, maybe more.

James in PA

Reaction score
I accidentally posted this comment in another thread. Let's try this again:

Who here thinks "the other player" they were not trading back for was AR? I think he was the guy. No proof, just a hunch.

Someone else said they believe it was Will Anderson.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I like Lock and believe he is much better than his play in Denver would indicate. Seems HCPC agrees. I think they see what Lock is doing in training, and saw what the prospects this year looked like and thought we're better off with what we've got.
At the same time I've got a guy in my sights for next year's draft that I believe is the perfect human to be Seattle's QB of the future.

renofox

Reaction score

Who here thinks "the other player" they were not trading back for was AR? I think he was the guy. No proof, just a hunch.

Agreed. I think they wanted AR because there was a good chance he would fall and -0- chance WA would.

NoGain

Reaction score
That's just a guess. An equally legitimate guess is that they well might have drafted Richardson or CJ Stroud had they been available. My guess is that one of the top 3 QB's would be with us now had they been available. JS kind of hinted in a press conference that certain players they were hoping didn't fall to them. I can't remember if this was after day one or two of the draft.

Maybe we'll never know.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I will never believe that Pete would have drafted AR unless I hear him say it himself.

“Carroll cited a study that shows 62 percent of underclassmen quarterbacks who declare early for the Draft eventually don’t pan out in the NFL.”

HawkinNY

Reaction score
I think if they can keep locks stock down and sign him to 1 year deals. In 3 years he will be more than ready to take over. Unless smith wins a superbowl. Then go with him until his wheels fall off.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
I like Lock and believe he is much better than his play in Denver would indicate. Seems HCPC agrees. I think they see what Lock is doing in training, and saw what the prospects this year looked like and thought we're better off with what we've got.
At the same time I've got a guy in my sights for next year's draft that I believe is the perfect human to be Seattle's QB of the future.
Do tell. Who are you looking at?

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I'll say this. When Lock arrived he was very raw. I'm not going to pass any judgement on him based on the state he arrived in. If he still looks like that after being in our system and with our coaching staff for another season, he's probably cooked.

Preseason should be interesting in terms of what level of progression he's made thus far. I'm pulling for the guy though. He has a legit cannon for an arm. Just needs to improve his football IQ and decision making.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
The people who think Pete had his sights set on AR simply seem to be projecting their own wishes.

AR is not the near sure-thing that PC would select in a QB that high.

I would bet Anderson was on the "hopes" list.

Now, if Stroud or Young had fallen? Then I'd bet that would have been an easy choice. But they knew there was little chance.

GemCity

Reaction score

Agreed. The way Geno’s contract is structured and the “wiggle room” we have to set a QB under Geno for 2-3 years may have been the ideal situation for him.

I think there will be a bunch of “told you so” comments…even here at .net, about ARs impending performance. He’s going to get thrown to the wolves in Indy and recovering, regaining performance, and playing to his potential could be a monumental task.

I don’t think we’d see the Indy version here in Seattle. He needs time to develop for sure.

Who knows? Maybe he balls out. I just think tutelage under Geno and PC would’ve pushed him to his max potential..whatever that may be.

Quick way to satisfy a fan base for an underachieving team? Draft a QB. Want even more excitement? Draft a generational, physical specimen and that set combine records. That’s what Indy did.

No pushes to 1 or 2 to take a “as solid as you can get in a draft QB”.

Lock may be better at this very moment but if AR does what he’s capable of and continues to develop along the way, he’s going to be a blast to watch.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I think they’re very picky and particular about what they want in a QB. Idk of any outside of the top 4 that have the traits they look for. I think Levis wasn’t an option tho based off personality.

They’re not gonna take a QB just for the sake of taking one, he’s gotta be that guy.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score

It would have been interesting if AR, Anderson & Witherspoon were all available @ 5 or at least 2 of them or if they traded up to 3. We'd know for sure if they thought AR was the guy.

Personally I think they wanted Anderson @ 5 but when it didn't fall for them had the backup plan to build the defense from the secondary forward with a lockdown CB.

We'll never know & I'm sure JS & PC will never tell us but it's interesting speculation.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Most of those who think Lock will suck when called upon, are also those who thought Geno would suck when called upon.

Lock has skills. It appears PCJS think he's developing well. For all we know, he may be better than Geno by now.
I've always believed that Lock hasn't really had a fair opportunity followed by a some bad luck. I have a lot of respect for Geno and what he has given this organization and amazed so far at what he has accomplished. With that being said, I really think that Lock can take us to the next level and hope he can prove so when the opportunity presents itself.