No QB in the draft because we already have him.

Mix

Reaction score
They believe Lock is so much the future QB they signed him to a 1 year contract. All teams who think they have the QB answer "lock" them up with massive with such long term contracts.

Rainger

Reaction score
I accidentally posted this comment in another thread. Let's try this again:

Who here thinks "the other player" they were not trading back for was AR? I think he was the guy. No proof, just a hunch.

Someone else said they believe it was Will Anderson.
I think the ONLY QB they wanted was AR. He didnt fall and they moved on.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
They believe Lock is so much the future QB they signed him to a 1 year contract. All teams who think they have the QB answer "lock" them up with massive with such long term contracts.
They obviously believed that Geno could be a quality QB, yet they signed him for only one year. Why was that? Because the market for him was one year and it would be stupid to give him an above-market multiyear contract before he proved it on the field. He proved it and got paid. This is even more true for Lock, who signed a one-year contract to be the backup QB. It doesn't matter how much you believe in your backup QB, you're not going to give him an above-market multiyear contract.

renofox

Reaction score
They obviously believed that Geno could be a quality QB, yet they signed him for only one year. Why was that? Because the market for him was one year and it would be stupid to give him an above-market multiyear contract before he proved it on the field. He proved it and got paid. This is even more true for Lock, who signed a one-year contract to be the backup QB. It doesn't matter how much you believe in your backup QB, you're not going to give him an above-market multiyear contract.
Also, it's strong odds that Lock wouldn't sign for more than 1 year. He wants to start. If I was on his shoes I would want the option to go elsewhere next year if the opportunity arose. Or I would be thinking "If Geno gets injured and I light it up, I want to get paid big next year".