My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Love the hire- Wanted this guy before the Hawks season was even over.
He uses a lot of spread motion to create space and opens up the run by
pass, quick tempo to the line and runs the clock down.
He is the anti-Waldron.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Since you made a comment I thought you pulled out of your ass, I went and looked it up.

No other team sniffed 100 yds on the ground and 400 in the air versus Texas all year, except for Washington, who did in in a College Football Playoff game, mind you.

The closest was Oklahoma, which had 201 on the ground and 285 in the air.

The second highest air total against Texas was vs Houston, who had 378 in the air, and a whopping 14 yards rushing.
Are you sure about that. Byu had 95, Ku had 124, Alabama had 107, Texas tech had 110,Oklahoma 201,Tcu had 1 player who rushed for 97 yards but as a team they had 88, these stats are all rushing yards only. If that's what you call making comments outta my ass then. 🥱

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This would be awesome if it were in fact true!

Could this mean the team is likely to draft Penix?
I'm cautious about making that leap right now. It could've been that JS is excited about Grubb's record of elevating quarterbacks moreso than being tied to one draftable prospect.

I mean, he's a guy who had a big role in making Jake Haener draftable and then also presided over the Penix renaissance. Not to mention proven success as an OL coach, a run game coordinator, a pass game coordinator, a quarterbacks coach, an offensive coordinator, AND a primary playcaller.

I mean, this is a stud hire. He just needs to adjust to the pro game, figure out some details with the tighter hashes and adjust to countering the speed and talent at an NFL level. That's a big ask, but Grubb has such a good record so far that I cannot imagine a world in which he isn't at least pretty decent in year 1.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Penix being drafted with Grubb as the OC is just a logical question that has to be asked.

Of course it may not necessarily be so as the song goes, but it's a valid question.

I'm sure JS will do whatever JS thinks is best for the team.

James in PA

Reaction score
It’s happening…
Guess who just got back today
Them wild-eyed boys that had been away
Haven't changed, hadn't much to say
But, man, I still think them cats are crazy

The boys are back in town (the boys are back in town)
(I said) The boys are back in town (the boys are back in town)

Friday night they'll be dressed to kill
Down at Dino's Bar and Grill (in Renton)!

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I like the hire. I like what he was able to do with Haener & Penix, and the fact that he's been all over the offense, especially the OL. I just hope he can get more production out of the TE's.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Are you sure about that. Byu had 95, Ku had 124, Alabama had 107, Texas tech had 110,Oklahoma 201,Tcu had 1 player who rushed for 97 yards but as a team they had 88, these stats are all rushing yards only. If that's what you call making comments outta my ass then. 🥱
You didn't read what I said. Try doing that, then respond again. I usually have a very short leash for you wanna be know it all blow hards before I just block you folks and move on.

You clearly either didn't read what I said or you do not understand how to have a debate.

Figure it out.

TwilightError

Reaction score
I doubt we hear “establish the run” anymore… Now for the next big question: Quarterback.