My sources confirm Grubb will be hired as OC(RUMOR)

chris98251

Reaction score
Well Carson Palmer is still walking to Seattle to play QB, we had reliable insider knowledge. Think he took the east path around the globe though something nobody would expect.

CPHawk

Reaction score
My source also confirms it. It’s twitter, and only factual stuff can be posted on twitter.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Pretty sure it was just last night i read a report from a better known source on MSN newsfeed that Grubb is for sure solid on Alabama.
But if today we offered to double his take from Alabama (which amounts to even more because of the tax differential)...who knows what could happen?
This is from Wednesday afternoon:

“I’m Ryan Grubb, I’m your new Offensive Coordinator” - that was Ryan Grubb this afternoon (Wednesday) speaking to The Red Elephant Club today at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

How about you guys ban this character who started the thread?

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Well now I can tell my family that I have a reliable source at Seahawks.net that Grubbs is indeed our new OC...and soon to be confirmed ;)

This is a totally apt, very funny, ever so sarcastic quip

Streamhawk

Reaction score
Not going to reveal my source for obvious reasons. But expect the news to break within the next 24-48 hours. Ryan Grubb is comin’ home baby!
I’ve been hearing this for the last week or two. I would be ecstatic based on my Husky allegiance, but how would Grubb’s offense translate? I’ve heard several folks say Grubb doesn’t scheme for the middle of the field, that is what’s lacking in Hawks’ offense for years. I’d prefer new age nfl offenses that attack the middle; maybe he will adjust though…

Mistashoesta

Reaction score

“I’m Ryan Grubb, I’m your new Offensive Coordinator” - that was Ryan Grubb this afternoon (Wednesday) speaking to The Red Elephant Club today at Bryant-Denny Stadium.

Saying that in a room full of Alabama boosters doesn't really mean much. Could very well have been doing Deboer a solid. Until he is officially announced as OC by Alabama, which he has not been so far, there is still the possibility that Jody swoops in with a bigger bag of cash.

sutz

Reaction score
If he's the guy, OK, but I was kind of hoping for someone with some NFL experience. We're young at HC and DC.

I guess we'll see.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Grub. He was here at FRESNO ST with Deboer when he was the head coach. I can't remember who was calling the plays, but their offense was pass happy.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
I'm not sold on Grub. He was here at FRESNO ST with Deboer when he was the head coach. I can't remember who was calling the plays, but their offense was pass happy.
That pass happy offense ran for over 100 yards and passed for over 400 against Texas in the Sugar Bowl.

Rat

Reaction score

Are you new to college football?

As for now, he is the OC at Bama. Until anything else is final, he's not going to say otherwise. That event was essentially a pep rally.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Are you new to college football?

As for now, he is the OC at Bama. Until anything else is final, he's not going to say otherwise. That event was essentially a pep rally.
Actually, I'm not that connected to CFB, haven't been for close to 15 years. But it seems to me that if he were on the verge of signing with the Hawks that he would have said something a little bit different to that crowd, wouldn't have introduced himself as their next OC if he was about to take the Hawks job. There are thousands of other things he could have said in that situation. It wasn't like he was at a press conference and was cornered into having to respond to a question.

Last edited: