Metcalf

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Oh, it's a lot more than that. And we get the bonus of other threads somehow BECOMING the DK is T.O. thing........
It's so hilarious how much people want to and literally DO hate this guy.
I don't hate him, I love the guy, but I want him to be better. I don't want to trade or cut him. I want to see him run better routes, stop dropping passes that hit him in the hands and stop being taken out of his game mentally by opposing players. When is the last time he caught a touchdown? 7 games ago? when is the last time you saw the guy get separation much less be wide open? Dude needs to start watching Steve Largent game tape. that's how the position should be played.

hangumhi

Reaction score
He needs to step up or be utilized better. I don't know if Geno feels forced to try and throw to him or DJ just can't good seperation but he needs to be a big part if we have a chance against SF. He also has to check his ego and not be a liability. Seems like a waste of talent.
DK costs us games and wins us games so it's tough but I'd love to see him traded for a couple high picks. He is lazy on his routes and it leads to interceptions. He drops easy catches. He throws tantrums and gets too many penalties. I love his talent but hate his attitude.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Some are so invested in their hatred of Wilson that they must find fault with any position other than QB this year.

Geno has been both great ant terrible. He is slightly better than middle of the road, but that may be all we need.

What on earth??

People have been asking more of DK before this year.....

Not a very well disguised attempt at making your feelings known about Russ ;)

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
What on earth??

People have been asking more of DK before this year.....

Not a very well disguised attempt at making your feelings known about Russ ;)
How so? I was certainly in the camp that believed we would suck without Wilson, but I was proven wrong. Why would I disguise this? Are you sure that my comment didn’t hit a little too close to home for you?

GemCity

Reaction score
The requirement to double team him or at the very least, be aware of where he’s at, is overlooked quite a bit.

It’s like reading Aaron Donald’s stats for a game and seeing 2 tackles, 1 pressure and thinking “This guy’s supposed to be good??”

GemCity

Reaction score
If a team would cough up two firsts….I’d be tempted.

Otherwise, hell to the nah. DK is a beast! I like his fire (sans penalties),

Hawkpower

Reaction score
How so? I was certainly in the camp that believed we would suck without Wilson, but I was proven wrong. Why would I disguise this? Are you sure that my comment didn’t hit a little too close to home for you?

Not at all.

I Like DK, even though I think he has the ability to be even better if he wants to be

And I have a balanced view on Geno. He's pretty good but has plenty of faults

The Wilson thing was forced though, literally no connection at all to the topic at hand.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
If a team would cough up two firsts….I’d be tempted.

Otherwise, hell to the nah. DK is a beast! I like his fire (sans penalties),
Right where you are on this. Be fierce, play with a chip, walk away at the end of the play.
But for 2 firsts? Tempting for sure. And you could say that about just about anyone on the roster.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
You know, teams actually do scout players, before they lay out two aces.. look at Den.... never mind, lets see if we can get two 1sts for him.. talk to denver.

Mix

Reaction score
Thread summed up. DK is bad because he isn't the #1 WR in the NFL

AgentDib

Reaction score
If you think DK isn't worth that much then why would another team give up two first round picks for him? If he isn't an important part of our offense, then why was he the one being covered by Ramsey for most of the game, and why do free safeties gravitate towards his side of the field?

There are things that DK could do better but his attitude isn't one of them. The penalty thing is way overblown with eight related over four seasons and that can also go both ways. He had 45 penalty yards due to his demeanor this season, and if you want to take them away from his receiving yards than go ahead. He'd still be over 1000 this season and having a good year.

More importantly, some posters are seriously undervaluing the team effects of having a guy like DK on the team. He's out there giving 110% effort despite already having received his big payday. At the risk of judging posters, when I see people complaining about DK's attitude it makes me think they never played many contact sports. Guys like him are the best kind of teammates to have and the opponents you don't really want to play.

soxhawk

Reaction score
I'd take 2 Locketts over 1 Tyler and 1 DK. And I think others would agree. I don't think DK is a top 15 WR in the league, but he acts like he's one.

AgentDib

Reaction score
I'd take 2 Locketts over 1 Tyler and 1 DK. And I think others would agree. I don't think DK is a top 15 WR in the league, but he acts like he's one.
Which of the 2 Locketts are you playing at Split end? They will get to line up directly on the line of scrimmage as a 5'10"/180lbs WR and immediately get jammed by physical NFL cornerbacks and have many of their routes disrupted. The other Lockett can get a free release behind the line of scrimmage and rack up more favorable opportunities.

At the end of the season, will you argue that the Split End Lockett should be traded to make room for another Flanker/Slot Lockett?