Me3 starting to lower his goals

RiverDog

Reaction score
Ok, going back to the theme of “Russell’s next move” why is Denver prolonging his release? They can’t have him past March 17 without another 37m in injury guarantees for 2025. Im not completely sure about this, but wouldn’t that put Denver on the hook to whatever team that might acquire Russ should be be injured?
Obviously, the injury guarantee applies only to football related injuries. They're not going to agree to an injury clause that applies if he were to have a skiing accident or while riding a motorcycle ala Ben Worthlessburger.

They've been trying to work a trade, but obviously they don't have any takers.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Obviously, the injury guarantee applies only to football related injuries. They're not going to agree to an injury clause that applies if he were to have a skiing accident or while riding a motorcycle ala Ben Worthlessburger.

They've been trying to work a trade, but obviously they don't have any takers.

Right, but I’m more referring to what would happen if the 2025 guarantee vests if they don’t release him by March 17. That puts Denver in a situation whereas not only do they have to pay Him 38m where the new team pays 1.2 but then would have to pay him again for 2025 should he become too hurt to play football.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Right, but I’m more referring to what would happen if the 2025 guarantee vests if they don’t release him by March 17. That puts Denver in a situation whereas not only do they have to pay Him 38m where the new team pays 1.2 but then would have to pay him again for 2025 should he become too hurt to play football.
There's absolutely no indication from Wilson's camp or the Broncos that he won't be released by the 17th.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Agreed. Russell isn't a bad guy. I mean, who would you want your daughter to date, Russell or Deshawn Watson? Or would you rather have Aaron Rodgers as your son-in-law? Russell is harmless, especially when compared to other sports figures and popular personalities.

But he's entertainment. It's like laughing at the class buffoon, the kid sent to sit in the back corner of the classroom on a stool wearing a dunce cap and sucking on his thumb.
He's harmless as long as you don't work in his church where they take 10% of your pay whether you want to contribute it or not.

toffee

Reaction score
So far I’ve not heard a peep from Pittsburg or Patriots or Atlanta or the Raiders or any other potential suitor.
Secret bidding war, Broncos will be playing for coming years, so the incentive would be what the teams could do for Ciara's career.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
He’s not exactly a cancer as more as he’s A docudrama. Speaking of which, he should just do Netflix Quarterback…
Please, Jesus, make this happen.

I don't hate RW - but the switch he hit after marrying Ciara has been comical to watch. The odd "Sexy" vids - the clothing stores - the fragrances - the brand hype.

His sense of the popularity of himself and his wife was soooo overblown that seeing it implode (which probably mystifies him) is prime entertainment.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Secret bidding war, Broncos will be playing for coming years, so the incentive would be what the teams could do for Ciara's career.

Russ has now had three coaches in three years for whom Russ didnt Work out. Were I a coach, I’d be leery.

RiverDog

Reaction score
So far I’ve not heard a peep from Pittsburg or Patriots or Atlanta or the Raiders or any other potential suitor.
Oh, he'll latch on somewhere, and will get his wish to be a starter. But it's not going to be the sweetheart deal he had in either Seattle or Denver. it will be a one or two year contract at the longest.

Some of the teams you mentioned might still have some figuring out to do. Are the Steelers ready to ditch Kenny Pickett and are the Patriots going to give up on Mac Jones, and if they are, will they try to trade them? Does signing Russell depend on who they plan on drafting?

RiverDog

Reaction score
Russ has now had three coaches in three years for whom Russ didnt Work out. Were I a coach, I’d be leery.
IMO that's not a concern. There's a lot of quarterbacks in that boat. Carson Wentz and Baker Mayfield have each been with 4 HC's in as many seasons.