Me3 starting to lower his goals

RiverDog

Reaction score
Tomlin can possibly reign in Wilson and buy in. Makes sense because if the Steelers land a QB that can protect the football and take some shots downfield that is all they want from the QB position. Wilson can still do that in his career.
I just read an article that cited 3 possible locations where Russell might start: The Vikings, Steelers, and Falcons.

As far as the Steelers go, it might be a little premature for them to move on from Kenny Pickett.

JPatera76

Reaction score
His “let’s ride” is riding himself out of the league if he doesn’t 180, humble himself and realize his limitations, and work on his strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think teams are worried about the on field Wilson, I think they’re now even more so hesitant due to the off the field distractions and stories. And who knows what’s been circulating among players and staffers among the league now as well. We don’t know any of that.

RiverDog

Reaction score
His “let’s ride” is riding himself out of the league if he doesn’t 180, humble himself and realize his limitations, and work on his strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think teams are worried about the on field Wilson, I think they’re now even more so hesitant due to the off the field distractions and stories. And who knows what’s been circulating among players and staffers among the league now as well. We don’t know any of that.
I agree that Russ needs a hefty serving of humble pie, but I don't agree with you about the off-field distractions. Sure, he's goofy/cringy, obsessive about his image and would be better served just to lay low for a while. But I don't think teams look at it as if it's a huge problem. He isn't attacking reporters ala Yikes Adams. If anything, he's so politically correct that it makes him look phony.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
You need To go to the team most likely to generate you a playoff. Maybe you’re lucky at your ceiling of 9-8 And make playoffs So that you get signed to a team friendly Geno deal. That should be your first course of action. And if you don’t, you won’t be a starter in 2025.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Hey fender. Can’t really talk about that, but I think Russ just needs to focus on the fact that he is not winning two super bowls. He’s a solution to Maybe get his team into the playoffs.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
So, I think that Russ and ciara need to adjust their expectations and act like it.

Russ is a starter next year at 1.2 mil, The minimum. The rest will be paid by the broncos, because they have to. Maybe he gets another Geno year if whatever team makes playoffs, but It’s going to be contingent on that.

bigcc

Reaction score
He can take vet minimum. He's getting guaranteed money from the Broncos for a couple of years. Before signing with them he was on a hall of fame track. Someone is most certainly going to be willing to take a chance at him at the minimum. Probably several someones.
That's not how that works lol.

Russ already got every penny he's owed besides this years salary.

Why would he give a DISCOUNT to a team that would be saying "you're a bum that we paid too much, but you can hold a clip board" by cutting and giving him min.

Bro I can't believe any of you watched russ start to behave like a celebrity and think he'll just put his ego aside and go back after being cut for vet min

Get real

bigcc

Reaction score
Just thought of this. Imagine the day of the trade 2 years ago if someone told you than by Feb 2024 there was a chance, Drew Lock would be with the Seahawks longer than Russ would be with the Broncos.
I'd have thought russ was 32 or 33 and would now be 35, 36 bit more than half through the season, and that this is when his contract was going to expire so he probably retired seeing as most QB's don't play past 35 lol....

Lock was 25, so it really would not be a weird situation, it's also worth noting that russ is literally a bronco right now, and lock is literally a udfa, coming from a team who apparently told geno he's Qb1.

If you'd told me that lock sucked so much (seriously I am begging you not to resign him if you're reading John) that geno Smith who hadn't played in a nearly a decade and had his jaw broken by his own OL not only beat him out, but made two consecutive pro bowls, I'd have called you an idiot in not so kind a manner.

Tldr: it's not that it (kind of) happened, it's how

bigcc

Reaction score
You need To go to the team most likely to generate you a playoff. Maybe you’re lucky at your ceiling of 9-8 And make playoffs So that you get signed to a team friendly Geno deal. That should be your first course of action. And if you don’t, you won’t be a starter in 2025.
Worth noting that russ is 2 years older than Geno with significantly more wear and tear and not coming off of two winning seasons and two pro bowls.

Russ is not getting anything remotely like geno's last deal, that ship has already made it to the other side of the world

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Brock Purdy, like Russ, talks faith a lot. But as Brock puts it once, he thinks that thinking about what the world thinks of him is almost an affront to that faith, whereas to Russ, it’s a vindication of it.

Last edited:

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The attacks on his character is still weird for me. I noticed on Reddit people have transitioned to much less of a hateful tone and we're a little slower to get there but hopefully we do.

His interview with Marshall was really good. Spoke highly of Pete as well.

Hey pnw. attacks are more to Russ’ inflated sense of himself, a bottomless pit of attention, unrealistic expectations like winning two super bowls like he said in the Marshall interview.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Fairly, so did Jimmy G, but the system is expanding under Brock. He doesn’t do those scrambles and runs, they’re not in the sb.

bigcc

Reaction score
Brock Purdy, like Russ, talks faith a lot. But as Brock puts it once, he thinks that thinking about what the world thinks of him is almost an affront to that faith, whereas to Russ, it’s a vindication of it.
Lmao bro give me a break.

Yeah, while we're at it I'm sure Purdy isn't thinking about what the world thinks of him as previous MR IRRELEVANT that saw Lance and Garoppolo get kicked out on their heathen asses

BTW, not related but you looking for a bridge?

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Bro, that’s literally the way Brock is. No entourage needed to take accountability, which he has every game, which inspires his teammates to do the same.

Hes not calculated. He didn’t go help his fiancées family harvest wheat so he could get a John Deere ad, as he’s been doing it for years.

Last edited:

bigcc

Reaction score
Bro, that’s literally the way Brock is. No entourage needed to take accountability, which he has every game, which inspires his teammates to do the same.

Hes not calculated. He didn’t go help his fiancées family harvest wheat so he could get a John Deere ad, as he’s been doing it for years.
As someone who has weaseled his way out of similar significant others family gatherings, game recognize game, please don't make me start to like Purdy.

More seriously, russ was just a humble "gee whillicker" Christian until money and ego got involved too. Then he wasn't.

Story as old as the whatever religious text is the flavor of the morning itself.

Latest posts