Mariners trading Kelenic, Marco...

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The Mariners now need to fill spots at 1B, DH, 2B, 3B, RF and LF. Basically they only have Julio, Cal and JP to show for. This team has so many holes it's wild.

Crizilla

Reaction score
ATL is good spot for JK. Dude needs to learn from a winning team that has vets and a winning manager. Scotty and his hitting coaches weren't doing anything for him. But then again it wouldn't shock me if JK continues to rage and chase bad pitches.

Xxx

Reaction score
Wish guess hope. Dipsticks game plan. I will trade three guys I shouldn’t have traded for for two guys I shouldn’t be trading for and then we will hopefully win 54% of our games over the next decade and I will be the mediocrest gm in history!!!!

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
There's a plan, they obviously have their pitching intact and hopefully go after Snell. They have the 2 pitchers they can actually parlay into trade for bat's and maybe another reliever or two and use the salaries they freed up to go after free agent bats. I think that is their plan.
Who are these free agent bats? There's Ohtani which reports have already come out that they are out on... That's pretty much it.

Bellinger is the next best bat but he comes with huge red flags having just 1 good year in a hitter friendly park after being released by the Dodgers for multiple years of sucking. Word last off-season was he didn't want to come hit in Seattle too, so why would he choose here now?

After that it's no one really. So you're fighting 29 other teams for basically 1 guy because they have already pulled out on Ohtani... That's not a good plan in my opinion.

Chapow

Reaction score
The Mariners now need to fill spots at 1B, DH, 2B, 3B, RF and LF. Basically they only have Julio, Cal and JP to show for. This team has so many holes it's wild.

They went from just needing to add a couple of quality bats last off season (which they very easily could have done, but chose not to) to become legitimate world series contenders, to needing close to a whole new team just to be able to field a team at all. This is simply amazing. I'm in awe at how they could have possibly fvcked this up this badly considering where they were just 13 months ago.

Chapow

Reaction score
Oops, my bad. I totally forgot they acquired Luis Urias and his .194 BA and negative WAR a few weeks ago. We're all set.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Who are these free agent bats? There's Ohtani which reports have already come out that they are out on... That's pretty much it.

Bellinger is the next best bat but he comes with huge red flags having just 1 good year in a hitter friendly park after being released by the Dodgers for multiple years of sucking. Word last off-season was he didn't want to come hit in Seattle too, so why would he choose here now?

After that it's no one really. So you're fighting 29 other teams for basically 1 guy because they have already pulled out on Ohtani... That's not a good plan in my opinion.
LOL.. IDK, after looking at the FA class this year,,, well, it's a down year.. Wong is still available... frazier..Guess they will have to trade.

OP
OP
DJrmb

DJrmb

Reaction score
LOL.. IDK, after looking at the FA class this year,,, well, it's a down year.. Wong is still available... frazier..Guess they will have to trade.
Yeah, I think you are right on that... I think they're realizing they have to trade for 3-4 bats. That is the only way stacking up on pitchers like they have makes sense.

That or they're clearing big contracts to sell the team... I actually hope it's this 😂

bileever

Reaction score
That or they're clearing big contracts to sell the team... I actually hope it's this 😂
I think you're right. This could possibly be a good sign. It's clear that this trade was all about getting Marco Gonzales and Evan White off the books. Gonzales signed a $30 million deal, of which $12+ million is due next year. White was signed to a $24 million deal (not one of Dipoto's stellar moves), of which $7 million is payable next year. Kelenic is still a valuable commodity, but we had to trade him to get the Braves to take Gonzales and White, who are not valuable pieces at this point. But clearing that money must mean something big is coming, right?

Along with the $11 million we saved from the Eugenio Suarez trade, that's $30 million towards paying for Ohtani. Crazier things have happened.

Reactions: Xxx

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Hahahaha

That would be hilarious. Such a Mariner move.
Trade away a strength, to be mediocre at something else - while at the same time, removing your strength.

beastalamode

Reaction score
I have been extremely anti mariner for the last year saying that it was inexcusable how they handled last offseason and that they should be boycotted, etc. I know they are cheap to the point that it's pathetic, but even I am amazed by this trade. The subtraction of yet another bat, the stubborness to never just eat salary but always willing to trade a good piece away to avoid the eating of salary, why would big name bats like Ohtani even want to come here?

Xxx

Reaction score
And then listening to them try to bs their way through this garbage and tell us how their “playing the cards they’ve been dealt”

Crap. They are playing the cards they picked. They are completely responsible for the crap we are seeing. Watch jarred go to Atlanta and become an all star

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, more salary dump. I hate to see Marco go, but he's a back of the rotation starter now. We could still use a lefty power pitcher since Ray won't be back before mid season. JK always seems to be a K and a kick away from missing time again and still has high K numbers. White hasn't played in two years and has lacked offensive clout when he wasn't hurt.

Besides salary, we dropped another of our strikeout kings. Lot of off season to go. I understand the cynicism, but I'm still willing to see what they come up with this year. Dump on me all you want. I just can't sit around whining about shit I can't control. 🤷‍♂️

Welshers2

Reaction score
Just when you thought dips***poto couldn't get any worse, he proves you wrong.

I never thought I would say this, but unless I see some LEGIT bats come to Seattle, I won't step foot in T-Mobile next season. If they don't care, why should I?
Remember when you flamed me for saying this exact same thing last year? I'm glad you're finally coming around and seeing the light! Proud of you, SoulfishHawk

Latest posts