Kaepernick Interviews...

13thMan

Reaction score
60niners":vgafg24i said:
I think the hatred for Kap lies in the fact that this board's fans seem to wish that Wilson was receiving the same amount of praise and attention as Kap is; which is actually quite silly seeing as how Wilson is receiving more than his fair share of praise.

You guys hate Kap because "he's d-baggy because he posed nude in the Bodies magazine", yet if ESPN called to Wilson and asked him to do it you'd support him 100%. You hate him because "he's d-baggy because he's shirtless in GQ" yet Wilson is wearing the skinniest jeans I've ever seen on a man and it's all smiles lol - not to mention do you really think Kap called up GQ and begged to be shirtless in their magazine? GQ called Kap, don't hate him for that. Or how about "he's d-baggy because he poses with his red jag at award shows" even though he's under an endorsement contract that Jaguar sought him out for.

Now having said all that... Those types of things are actually expected from opposing team's fans. The problem is when you let that bias overrun your brain and start trying to make correlations to his play.

Honestly though, what good is a Kap thread without Seahawk fans to spew unwarranted hatred and Niner fans to come running to the rescue lol...

While there is a lot of truth to this, don't lump ALL of us into that group... Frankly, I don't hate Kaepernick at all.... But I do hate the fact that a great QB plays for a division rival.... I'm sure a fair number of Niner fans feel the same way about RW.... but at the end of the day, we can all say we are smitten with our respective QBs..... fair enough?

60niners

Reaction score
13thMan":1yge4fa0 said:
60niners":1yge4fa0 said:
I think the hatred for Kap lies in the fact that this board's fans seem to wish that Wilson was receiving the same amount of praise and attention as Kap is; which is actually quite silly seeing as how Wilson is receiving more than his fair share of praise.

You guys hate Kap because "he's d-baggy because he posed nude in the Bodies magazine", yet if ESPN called to Wilson and asked him to do it you'd support him 100%. You hate him because "he's d-baggy because he's shirtless in GQ" yet Wilson is wearing the skinniest jeans I've ever seen on a man and it's all smiles lol - not to mention do you really think Kap called up GQ and begged to be shirtless in their magazine? GQ called Kap, don't hate him for that. Or how about "he's d-baggy because he poses with his red jag at award shows" even though he's under an endorsement contract that Jaguar sought him out for.

Now having said all that... Those types of things are actually expected from opposing team's fans. The problem is when you let that bias overrun your brain and start trying to make correlations to his play.

Honestly though, what good is a Kap thread without Seahawk fans to spew unwarranted hatred and Niner fans to come running to the rescue lol...

While there is a lot of truth to this, don't lump ALL of us into that group... Frankly, I don't hate Kaepernick at all.... But I do hate the fact that a great QB plays for a division rival.... I'm sure a fair number of Niner fans feel the same way about RW.... but at the end of the day, we can all say we are smitten with our respective QBs..... fair enough?
Honestly it's pretty hard for me to have any hatred for Wilson. What has he ever done to me to make me hate him?? It would be the equivalent of hating Matt Ryan or Dalton or Flacco or whatever... He's just a good QB that plays for another team.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
I don't hate him either... I just don't really care.

Rapistbergler, yea I hate. Kaperdink, eh. Whatev.

I will add though, even you niner fans have to admit, he gives opposing fans tons of ammo to make fun of him about, right? I mean it's a wealth of material to just crack jokes.

Marvin49

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":38r81lmo said:
I don't hate him either... I just don't really care.

Rapistbergler, yea I hate. Kaperdink, eh. Whatev.

OMG...

...we agree on something. :D Can't stand Roethlisberger.

Don't worry...I won't let it go to my head.

Marvin49

Reaction score
13thMan":3bzqbsfk said:
60niners":3bzqbsfk said:

Obviously its not all Seattle fans...its just the most vocal who make it appear to be nearly all.

As for RW....outside of the odd Hobbit joke, I don't see too much disrepect for Wilson in Ninerland. I hate that we'll have to face him twice a year, but I don't see too many elaborate schemes to disprove his ability or any character assassination.

Bottom line tho...you are right. We are all smitten with our respective QBs and would likely all be singing very different tunes if Kaep was in Seattle and Wilson was in SF.

Giedi

Reaction score
Marvin49":3rfs351n said:
13thMan":3rfs351n said:
60niners":3rfs351n said:

Obviously its not all Seattle fans...its just the most vocal who make it appear to be nearly all.

As for RW....outside of the odd Hobbit joke, I don't see too much disrepect for Wilson in Ninerland. I hate that we'll have to face him twice a year, but I don't see too many elaborate schemes to disprove his ability or any character assassination.

Bottom line tho...you are right. We are all smitten with our respective QBs and would likely all be singing very different tunes if Kaep was in Seattle and Wilson was in SF.
Wilson is a fantastic Quarterback. He and Kaep will be dueling it out for years. the TV ratings when they meet will be through the roof! :th2thumbs:

13thMan

Reaction score
I agree..... the modern era Manning vs. Brady just got kicked up a notch and was born out of the NFCW..... I guess Carson Palmer vs. Sam Bradford is a nice consolation prize for a couple years maybe though, huh?

925NinersFan

Reaction score
Oh man... the RW/Kaep and Manning/Brady comparisons just make me cringe... And they've been showing up a lot on the boards lately (this one, as well as ours). We all love our QBs, but they've only had 1 solid season under their belts. As much as I'd love to put them in the same company as Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers, let's win a few Superbowls first, huh?

rlkats

Reaction score
I will agree wilson does seem to be way more mature and not into his ego. Thats one thing I can not stand in Kap. Lay low and kill em with your talent. Not your rippling naked body pics. And yes Kap does make it really easy to clown him. Buthe is a damn good qb

rideaducati

Reaction score
Stoned Cold":2wnuv8nj said:
Stephen SeaHawking":2wnuv8nj said:
I have never heard Kaepernick say anything that could be considered even mildly intelligent. I think it's interesting that all the praise you hear about him comes from secondary sources and is not backed up by anything he says or does in public.

I think he conducts himself well in the interviews above. Whats so wrong about saying he's more concerned with what they do than what the Seahawks do? He's an offensive player in case you don't know. When you are offensive you dictate. I don't know man, some of you hawk fans are ridiculous. He's young, good, athletic, great arm, smarter than you want to believe. He has a cannon and will get better. The wishful thinking seems to be he will fall off. Everyones trying to nitpick and find some flaw.

The only reasonable flaw I have found.....THE ONLY.....is that in hostile environments like the Super Dome, Century Link, and the big stage of the Super Bowl is he may get overwhelmed by the noise and bright lights.

Listen he isn't as cerebral as Russell Wilson, and Wilson I think is a better QB because he puts in more study. But Kaep is for real and he isn't going anywhere. The sooner you all accept it the better.

I agree with the part where you say "he isn't going anywhere".

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
CaptBennett":2oab6ekk said:
"I'm not paying attention to what their defense is doing." <-- Lol

In fairness, he was asked whether he took offense to what Seattle's defense was doing during the game in terms of celebrating, to which he said he didn't pay any attention to what they were doing.

So it was a fair answer.

What wasn't fair, to the press or the fans, was the surly teenager act for every other question.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
60niners":wo754pvg said:

You forty ninnies fans remind me of the stealer fans before, during, and after XL*, looking for some sort of redemption or longing of respect. It's pretty pathetic really! Are you THAT starved for attention that you have to troll opponents message boards for it? BTW where were you when your team sucked?......you were not here!

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
I'll also say this...

If Colin Kaepernick ever talked to me like that in an interview, I'd ask the same question over and over again until he answered it properly.

I know he's not a complete arse hole, so whatever they're telling him behind the scenes about how to act to the media is bizarre.

Giedi

Reaction score
925NinersFan":9d00s1pj said:
Oh man... the RW/Kaep and Manning/Brady comparisons just make me cringe... And they've been showing up a lot on the boards lately (this one, as well as ours). We all love our QBs, but they've only had 1 solid season under their belts. As much as I'd love to put them in the same company as Brady/Manning/Brees/Rodgers, let's win a few Superbowls first, huh?
That's the safe way of doing things. Wait till it's certain, then crown them. :mrgreen:

I"ve seen enough of Wilson to see he has a fantastic arm, great accuracy, great mobility. Give him a good O Line and some half decent WR's and he is going to be an explosive QB. ONce he masters the system he's in, I can see him producing numbers in the neighborhood of Breese or Manning if he's surrounded by good talent. Of course, this is just my opinion. I've seen HOF QB's like Steve, Joe, Elway, Marino, and Kelly - so that's all I have to go on.

Giedi

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":138e0ffy said:
60niners":138e0ffy said:

You forty ninnies fans remind me of the stealer fans before, during, and after XL*, looking for some sort of redemption or longing of respect. It's pretty pathetic really! Are you THAT starved for attention that you have to troll opponents message boards for it? BTW where were you when your team sucked?......you were not here!

I thought it was a Seahawk fan that initially posted the original thread.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Giedi":1n7zyiwv said:
Sports Hernia":1n7zyiwv said:
60niners":1n7zyiwv said:

I thought it was a Seahawk fan that initially posted the original thread.
:34853_doh:
That went right over your head didn't it?

60niners

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":opt1tfj7 said:
Actually, I was here when we sucked. Got any other brain busters?

Maybe you don't like us here, but we're fairly well-behaved as far as I can tell. You don't see us starting new threads about the 49ers, we are only trying to add relevant content when the situation dictates.

Oh and if you're referring to the really lean years... Shortly after realignment, I wasn't here because I was serving several tours overseas. I'm didn't say that to get a high-five, but I think it's a fair excuse to have not been registered.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
60niners":tyl3qssg said:
Sports Hernia":tyl3qssg said:
Actually, I was here when we sucked. Got any other brain busters?

Maybe you don't like us here, but we're fairly well-behaved as far as I can tell. You don't see us starting new threads about the 49ers, we are only trying to add relevant content when the situation dictates.

Oh and if you're referring to the really lean years... Shortly after realignment, I wasn't here because I was serving several tours overseas. I'm didn't say that to get a high-five, but I think it's a fair excuse to have not been registered.

You could've just gone with, "I've been here for a while."

It's what your quarterback would've said.

60niners

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":3mcu1sdl said:
You could've just gone with, "I've been here for a while."

It's what your quarterback would've said.
Lol.