Monday night's win over the donkeys backfired on the NFL, in a big way.

White Devil

Reaction score
I didn't see the espn post game. What did Steve Young have to say after jumping all in Russ's lap pregame and declaring like an ass that we had 'ZERO CHANCE'.
I'm surprised there isn't more uproar on the board from this. Steve was very vocal a couple of times saying they stood absolutely zero chance. It's funny, but I actually relaxed a bit after that. It's fun to hate the Hawks again. And Pete will use that, again, on this young squad.

The thrill is back.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
This was supposed to be a statement game for Russell Wilson and the Broncos. And in a way... it was.

The NFL pinned the Seahawks, in obvious rebuild mode, against a Superbowl favorite Broncos team led by Russell Wilson in a highly promoted week 1 matchup. Safe to say, things didn't go as planned for the NFL. The NFL wanted to punish the Seahawks. Russell Wilson and the Broncos were supposed to embarrass Pete Carroll and the Seahawks, simply for moving on from one of the NFL's darling icons. They wanted this game to mark the end of Pete Carroll. But the Seahawks had other ideas. Maybe they didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be crushed on Monday Night Football? 🤩

The NFL is about generating revenue, and thus is focused on promoting and controlling certain narratives, advertisements, pushing brands, and catering to certain organizations. And yet last night... on Monday night... prime time TV... ancient old man Pete Carroll, the 12th man, and Geno Smith who alongside a bunch of no names kicked the NFL and its manufactured content right square in the jaw. It was a sight to behold. Narratives crumbled. The NFL's overhyped, overmarketed, unmistakably overvalued Russell Wilson froze in terror when it mattered most. Yikes.

View attachment 54521

The media pundits will be good boys and blame the coach and save face for themselves and the NFL. But some of us know better. We too well that the deferring to a 65 yard field goal attempt in reality was at the bequest of one Russell Carrington Wilson. He couldn't allow himself to fail on the national stage.

The Broncos failed in monumental fashion. In a game that was ultimately decided by 1 point, I counted 3 goal line stands by the Seahawks defense. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Despite what the NFL and its officials were allowing the Broncos offensive line to do... all game long... to give Russell Wilson time...

Despite only getting a few snaps from Jamal Adams...

Despite Geno Smith as our starting QB...

Despite starting 2 rookies at corner and 2 rookies at offensive tackle...

Despite an utterly boneheaded conservative 2nd half Seahawk offense that yielded no 2nd half points...

And despite all the media narratives...

View attachment 54520

...the Seahawks still won. Joke's on you, NFL.:LOL:

As much as the media would lead you to believe, for the Seahawks this game wasn't about Russell Wilson. I'll let former Broncos lineman Shelby Harris explain:

... I'm not saying we're back... and it's just 1 win... but it wasn't just a win now was it? This vibe hits different than the last 5+ seasons. Feels like a team again. A Pete Carroll team. Tell me, am I wrong?

It was only one game. But I hope something special is going on. I don’t care if they lose this year. But as long as they are only losing by a few not getting blown out. By week 6-7 we should know what we got. But it’s still way to early.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
It was only one game. But I hope something special is going on. I don’t care if they lose this year. But as long as they are only losing by a few not getting blown out. By week 6-7 we should know what we got. But it’s still way to early.
w-l record is secondary for me this season. getting young players to take ownership and giving them opportunities to develop is crucial. pete's not only rebuilding the roster, he's rebuilding the culture. i wanna see who buys in and wants to be a building block. i'd love to see guys like woolen, kw9, barton, taylor, bryant, mafe, cross, lucas, and fant develop into studs and leaders for us.

willyrobt

Reaction score
This was supposed to be a statement game for Russell Wilson and the Broncos. And in a way... it was.

The NFL pinned the Seahawks, in obvious rebuild mode, against a Superbowl favorite Broncos team led by Russell Wilson in a highly promoted week 1 matchup. Safe to say, things didn't go as planned for the NFL. The NFL wanted to punish the Seahawks. Russell Wilson and the Broncos were supposed to embarrass Pete Carroll and the Seahawks, simply for moving on from one of the NFL's darling icons. They wanted this game to mark the end of Pete Carroll. But the Seahawks had other ideas. Maybe they didn't get the memo that they were supposed to be crushed on Monday Night Football? 🤩

The NFL is about generating revenue, and thus is focused on promoting and controlling certain narratives, advertisements, pushing brands, and catering to certain organizations. And yet last night... on Monday night... prime time TV... ancient old man Pete Carroll, the 12th man, and Geno Smith who alongside a bunch of no names kicked the NFL and its manufactured content right square in the jaw. It was a sight to behold. Narratives crumbled. The NFL's overhyped, overmarketed, unmistakably overvalued Russell Wilson froze in terror when it mattered most. Yikes.

View attachment 54521

The media pundits will be good boys and blame the coach and save face for themselves and the NFL. But some of us know better. We too well that the deferring to a 65 yard field goal attempt in reality was at the bequest of one Russell Carrington Wilson. He couldn't allow himself to fail on the national stage.

The Broncos failed in monumental fashion. In a game that was ultimately decided by 1 point, I counted 3 goal line stands by the Seahawks defense. I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Despite what the NFL and its officials were allowing the Broncos offensive line to do... all game long... to give Russell Wilson time...

Despite only getting a few snaps from Jamal Adams...

Despite Geno Smith as our starting QB...

Despite starting 2 rookies at corner and 2 rookies at offensive tackle...

Despite an utterly boneheaded conservative 2nd half Seahawk offense that yielded no 2nd half points...

And despite all the media narratives...

View attachment 54520

...the Seahawks still won. Joke's on you, NFL.:LOL:

As much as the media would lead you to believe, for the Seahawks this game wasn't about Russell Wilson. I'll let former Broncos lineman Shelby Harris explain:

... I'm not saying we're back... and it's just 1 win... but it wasn't just a win now was it? This vibe hits different than the last 5+ seasons. Feels like a team again. A Pete Carroll team. Tell me, am I wrong?

The NFL is to busy worrying about politics. They need to stick with football for a change.

renofox

Reaction score
NFL doesn't worry about specific storyline nearly as much as they worry about clicks. The ending provided lots of clicks. NFL is happy.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
Hell hath no fury like a delusional homer Hawk fan who thinks the league is out to get us.
lol.

i'm pretty sure, though, that pete uses this type of "us against the world" mantra to get his guys up for these types of games. the nfl creates the schedule. the nfl put wilson and a good broncos team up against geno smith and young no-names on the 1st monday night football game as a "revenge game". it was the most watched MNF game since 2009. and then the result was unexpected. we were "supposed" to get rekt. almost nobody in the league-funded media picked the seahawks to win. that's fuel. there's naysayers out there about pete and the seahawks. expectations are low for our team. why not enjoy being the underdogs for a change?

so yeah, i like the narrative. whatever floats my boat. there's always gonna be cynics. that's because it's incredibly ez to be objectively critical. oh well! welcome to the thread 🤩

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
lol.

i'm pretty sure, though, that pete uses this type of "us against the world" mantra to get his guys up for these types of games. the nfl creates the schedule. the nfl put wilson and a good broncos team up against geno smith and young no-names on the 1st monday night football game as a "revenge game". the result was unexpected. we were "supposed" to get rekt. almost nobody in the league-funded media picked the seahawks to win. that's fuel. there's naysayers out there about pete and the seahawks. expectations are low for our team. why not enjoy being the underdogs for a change?

so yeah, i like the narrative. there's always gonna be cynics. that's because it's incredibly ez to be objectively critical. oh well! welcome to the thread 🤩

The Broncos were favored by what 5?

That's not "rekt."

My point is it's a delusional dumb myopic fan sentiment to think the league for some reason is out to get just their team. The league doesn't care, all they care about is ratings and the most even playing field possible to attract the most eyeballs, money and advertising dollars possible.

It's literally how the NFL became the biggest money making league on the planet, parity.

But yeah, it's just US!

toffee

Reaction score
lol.

i'm pretty sure, though, that pete uses this type of "us against the world" mantra to get his guys up for these types of games. the nfl creates the schedule. the nfl put wilson and a good broncos team up against geno smith and young no-names on the 1st monday night football game as a "revenge game". it was the most watched MNF game since 2009. and then the result was unexpected. we were "supposed" to get rekt. almost nobody in the league-funded media picked the seahawks to win. that's fuel. there's naysayers out there about pete and the seahawks. expectations are low for our team. why not enjoy being the underdogs for a change?

so yeah, i like the narrative. there's always gonna be cynics. that's because it's incredibly ez to be objectively critical. oh well! welcome to the thread 🤩
Our former savior even wore a tux and bowtie for the occasion, it was supposed to be the coming out party of newly freed Chef Russell. Instead it became the coming out party of Geno "I didn't write back" Smith. Funny enough that Geno even got the more catchy slogan, "I didn't write back" sings to the hearts more than "Let's Ride".

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
The Broncos were favored by what 5?

That's not "rekt."

My point is it's a delusional dumb myopic fan sentiment to think the league for some reason is out to get just their team. The league doesn't care, all they care about is ratings and the most even playing field possible to attract the most eyeballs, money and advertising dollars possible.

It's literally how the NFL became the biggest money making league on the planet, parity.

But yeah, it's just US!
somebody woke up grumpy today :LOL:

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I get where the OP is coming from but I suspect it is somewhat overstated, but there is truth to it. i have sympathetic thought to a a post that tells the truth although is perhaps a tad over the top with hyperbole.

The media continues their disrespect of the Seahawks and that's OK b/c it seems to be getting our guys more up to show they get paid too, and many of them are pretty good players who are PO'd at the the palpable disrespect them and the team. The continued BS of with RW the Hawks are good to great; but without him they just suck is hugely overstated.

The Hawks are better than many believe.

OP
OP
seatownlowdown

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
I get where the OP is coming from but I suspect it is somewhat overstated, but there is truth to it. i have sympathetic thought to a a post that tells the truth although is perhaps a tad over the top with hyperbole.

The media continues their disrespect of the Seahawks and that's OK b/c it seems to be getting our guys more up to show they get paid too, and many of them are pretty good players who are PO'd at the the palpable disrespect them and the team. The continued BS of with RW the Hawks are good to great; but without him they just suck is hugely overstated.

The Hawks are better than many believe.
agree. going forward there's going to be the question of "can wilson and the seahawks win without each other?"

sc85sis

Reaction score
Reminds me of the "Pete Carroll couldn't win without Norm Chow" stuff I used to hear from a segment of USC fans. Technically, he didn't at USC - but he did with the Hawks! It takes more than just a coach or just a QB to win a championship. It's a team game, and there's some luck involved too (staying healthy, etc.).