JS says minimum for Russ is (3) 1st round draft picks.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2vaenbw2 said:
John63":2vaenbw2 said:
FresnoHawk68":2vaenbw2 said:
AgentDib":2vaenbw2 said:
There is an immense difference between speculating that a trade for Wilson would require at least three first round picks, and reporting that John Schneider told you personally that he is looking for three first round picks. Neither one makes sense on a conceptual level, but speculation is the kind of thing that keep the presses churning every NFL off-season.

The report said teams think the bidding war starts at 3 round 1picks! They buyers are speculating & calling that’s what we know. As far as the sellers they have said nothing but are listening & giving no responses. High end deal making by Pro’s! Pro’s are difficult to get to the negotiating table & will get up from the negotiating table & walk away!

It’s a sellers Market for RW and the buyers are open to spending big, that’s terrific news for the Seahawk Organization, especially when RW is coming off a terrible playoff performance & no longer has his Houdini pass rush avoidance skills.

That because unlike you who seem to think Wilson sucks, the league knows otherwise. they know that 500+ yards means he still has his Houdini avoidance skills, It means they remember and saw what he could do when he was allowed to do.

Yes I admit I want to trade RW but I’m not the one who is telling the world today NFL teams are willing to spend big for RW. Don’t forget it was RW who started all this activity not me!

Actually you don't know what stated this, for all you know he and PC had it out and this is the results. Also, no place did Wilson say he wants to be traded. Si he did not start anything, but asking for more say in things like any good Franchise QB should. That said notice no comment on you thinking Wilson sucks which is obvious given you incorrect statement about Houdini. The correct question should have been why is it he has had to be Houdini so much in his 9 years, Why is it in the 9 years they avg oline pass blocking ranking has been 26th. I will help you the answer is 2 letters PC.

knownone

Reaction score
Woah. Am I the only person who thinks it is fun to speculate? Obviously, trading Russell would be a massive risk and one that I would never take. However, what's the harm in speculating? None of us have control over what happens.

John63

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":emhiskjq said:
SoulfishHawk":emhiskjq said:
I'm curious why people are taking this so personally? Seriously? This is plain ridiculous. He's being made out to be a problem child. This guy has been a team player and leader his entire career.
Again, he gets crap for being a "robot" or being "boring" the last 9 years. And now, he gets crap for voicing he wants better protection. Don't we ALL want him to have better protection back there??? He literally can't win with a large portion of this fanbase. And for the record, he flat out SAID he needs to get rid of the ball quicker.
He didn't start any "activity"
He was asked a question, he answered it. Nothing more. The media, yet again, is acting like he stabbed someone. And a lot of "fans" are wanting him traded. This is shockingly stupid to actually want the best QB this team has ever had, and a HUGE reason they win consistently......to actually be traded...…

I definitely over reacted after RW comments and after analyzing the situation I believe Russ, Pete, & John are open to a trade under the right circumstances.
I want to trade RW under the right circumstances because I believe his best is behind him and I like the QB’s in this draft. If I’m wrong about RW or the QB’s in this draft then I would want RW to stay.

RW stated it was up to Pete & John if he gets traded, RW deflected when everybody knows he has a “no trade clause”. RW decides if he gets traded!! He has equal power in that circumstance and said when he signed that contract that the “no trade clause” sealed the deal! RW gave the world a ridiculous answer to a very important question!

Fans demand loyalty out of the athletes but give none. As to the rest if that what it takes to make you feel good about your post on the subject so be it. I mean PC never deflects does he...oh wait he does. Hmm what is the difference between Wilson and PC that makes it okay for PC to deflect and not Wilson, hmm well they are both Seahawks what could the difference be I wonder :sarcasm_off:

Oh and maybe Wilson said it is up to them because if they said they wanted to trade him he would say okay, if they can find the right team. HMM Always 2 ways to take something and how you take shows your true intentions.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I think fans need to understand that all players, no matter, who they are, has a price.

This is 2021 and we have seen a former 6 time Super Champion, many consider, the Greatest of All-Time QB go to a different team and win a 7th ring.

There is a precedent for QB leaving a team.

I have no problems with teams calling about Russ and they probably have.

Question is, why are you any of you here so upset about it?

None of you can control how Russell feels and what his intentions are and what Seattle’s intentions are, including Jody Allen.

Let’s see how it plays out. 3 first rounders are the minimum to move a player of Wilson’s caliber.

Let’s see what happens before getting upset.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I agree let’s see what happens! I’d be so stoked if we got 5 1st round picks for him or something equivalent!

pinksheets

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":2h1882x1 said:
I agree let’s see what happens! I’d be so stoked if we got 5 1st round picks for him or something equivalent!
5 late 1sts lol

The real boost in draft capital would be our own picks being top 10 from 2022 onward by drifting until the gutter.

balakoth

Reaction score
Started by Russel? For being a human and saying some quotes that most of you have literally eaten the media drivel on?

God forbid expressing what you want for your career.. DERP

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
If I lose confidence in the QB’s in this draft there’s no way I would support trading RW.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
pinksheets":1l03yowm said:
FresnoHawk68":1l03yowm said:
5 late 1sts lol

The real boost in draft capital would be our own picks being top 10 from 2022 onward by drifting until the gutter.

You will be right if the QB’s in this draft are overhyped.

James in PA

Reaction score
As others have pointed out, even the thought of 3 first round picks for Russ doesn’t excite me in the least. WHERE in the first round would we be getting these picks exactly? The teens? The 20s? Usually after the first few guys, there is a big drop off. That, coupled with our track record of first round selections, equals a big fat no thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
3 first-round picks, how many are top 5?

Because the moment Wilson ends up on the other team, they are not going to be drafting high anymore.

What blows my mind is that people think that Wilson, a player that is literally responsible for over half our wins, is worth essentially Jamal Adams and a 1st round draft pick.

But that aside, unless there was a way to be sure it was 3 top 15 picks, why bother?

People used the Patriots example, but while that worked out for Brady...it didn't really work out well for the Pats. And remember Bill is 2x-3x a better coach than Carroll. Even he struggles without a good QB.

It might work out for Wilson. It would suck for us.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
I like Zach Wilson & Trevor Lawrence as possible draft targets in a RW trade. The other option is to trade Bobby Wagner then target a QB in round 2. Next year 2022 trade RW or wait till 2023!
I like the round 2 QB’s a lot this year, the more I think about, it sure looks like this is the visible plausible plan being executed by Pete & John drafting Brooks last year.

knownone

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":35tftp2k said:
3 first-round picks, how many are top 5?

Because the moment Wilson ends up on the other team, they are not going to be drafting high anymore.

What blows my mind is that people think that Wilson, a player that is literally responsible for over half our wins, is worth essentially Jamal Adams and a 1st round draft pick.

But that aside, unless there was a way to be sure it was 3 top 15 picks, why bother?

People used the Patriots example, but while that worked out for Brady...it didn't really work out well for the Pats. And remember Bill is 2x-3x a better coach than Carroll. Even he struggles without a good QB.

It might work out for Wilson. It would suck for us.
Obviously you are going to want to determine what the relative value of the picks are. It's also heavily dependent on which team you trade with. For example, Seattle gave up roughly 1300 points of draft capital to land Jamal Adams. The Dolphins 3rd overall pick is worth 2200 points. So three first round picks from the Dolphins would come out to roughly 3600 points, or close to 3 Jamal Adams caliber players. Keeping in mind, that's the price required for Seattle to listen.

chris98251

Reaction score
FresnoHawk68":cfkn9ao8 said:
I like Zach Wilson & Trevor Lawrence as possible draft targets in a RW trade. The other option is to trade Bobby Wagner then target a QB in round 2. Next year 2022 trade RW or wait till 2023!
I like the round 2 QB’s a lot this year, the more I think about, it sure looks like this is the visible plausible plan being executed by Pete & John drafting Brooks last year.

Wilson is not going to a team that is rebuilding, he is going where there is one or two missing pieces including him and the ownership is all in plus an OC he likes as well as a Offense with a line that can highlight his best kind of game.

He is not going to the Jags, Texans, Bengals, Jets, Falcons and Dolphins are the next tier of failures that I doubt he signs with as well. You pretty much have blown any chance of a QB worth picking unless there is another under the radar guy.

Add that this whole draft class is under scouted and played against competition of inferior quality due to Covid and to fill out a schedule.

If anything, you look for guys that played good on inferior teams against that top talent.

getnasty

Reaction score
3 first round picks wouldn't be enough for me. First of all unless your trading him this year who know what those pick are? Any team Russell is going too probably is drafting 20-32.

Give me Tua, Austin Jackson, 3rd pick in the draft (Penei Sewell) and the 18th pick in the draft and we have a deal

or

Give me Becton, Quinnen Williams, 2nd pick(Zach Wilson) in the draft and 23rd pick in the draft and we have a deal

or

Straight up for DeShaun Watson

those are the 3 deals that make sense to me this year or at least something like those.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
getnasty":2g3xu3zm said:
3 first round picks wouldn't be enough for me. First of all unless your trading him this year who know what those pick are? Any team Russell is going too probably is drafting 20-32.

Give me Tua, Austin Jackson, 3rd pick in the draft (Penei Sewell) and the 18th pick in the draft and we have a deal

or

Give me Becton, Quinnen Williams, 2nd pick(Zach Wilson) in the draft and 23rd pick in the draft and we have a deal

or

Straight up for DeShaun Watson

those are the 3 deals that make sense to me this year or at least something like those.

Yeah, those deals would get it done.

Any deal would have to include a legitimate replacement at QB.

As noted, this is all highly unlikely. Although it's worth noting that Wilson is genuinely extremely guarded in public interviews. When he lets things slip, I take those to be entirely intentional.

Likewise, Schneider is equally evasive/guarded. He knows full well how to shut down a line of questioning and has proven that when he doesn't, there is merit to following up.

I definitely think it's two parties firing halfhearted shots across each other bows. But given the history and what we know of each others' ability to navigate the press -- I would definitely say there is something simmering under the surface that is worth monitoring. It's highly unlikely a move gets made. But I think the biggest takeaway is that each party is flexing their influence in a passive-aggressive way. It doesn't mean there is dissatisfaction or anything.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rodgers was angry the entire year, somehow they made it thru and got over it. So Russ and Pete MIGHT not be getting along like in the past, big deal.
This team will be good, and Russ will be under center.
And then next year, a bunch of made up rumors by media will come back up. Until he isn't a Hawk, I don't believe trade hype at all. He may be eventually traded if he pushes for it. But until then, wasted energy worrying over something we have zero control over. And we have no way of knowing what truly is going on behind closed doors. People put WAY too much stock in what sports talk or writers are saying imo. Speculation and rumors are NOT facts.

chris98251

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":172w2i35 said:
Rodgers was angry the entire year, somehow they made it thru and got over it. So Russ and Pete MIGHT not be getting along like in the past, big deal.
And then next year, a bunch of made up rumors by media will come back up. Until he isn't a Hawk, I don't believe trade hype at all. He may be eventually traded if he pushes for it. But until then, wasted energy worrying over something we have zero control over. And we have no way of knowing what truly is going on behind closed doors. People put WAY too much stock in what sports talk or writers are saying imo. Speculation and rumors are NOT facts.

This is about dissatisfaction and Russell's Mortality, there is smoke but not fire, behind the scenes I am sure they are both doing some posturing of sorts and working on things. It's how both sides have operated over the years, only when things hit a wall do you as a player use the Media leverage card to stir the pot. It was calculated I am sure and a statement not to alienate but to draw attention more then anything.

It can go either direction depending on actions going forward by John and Pete, they usually don't hang on to players not bought in no matter who, they will bide time to get a deal they feel is worthwhile however if that's where it goes, won't be what we think is worthwhile I am sure.

They also cannot come out in the media easily with anything much as it could drive the asking price down.

Seahawks are gagged really by Wilson not the other way around.

FresnoHawk52

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2dea8j1n said:

Rodgers got MVP and RW has yet to come close to achieving the level of Rodgers, Breese, Manning, etc...