It's Happened - Wilson Traded

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":3k5spkwu said:
For everyone grumbling about this what do think the chances were of re-signing Wilson after his present deal ran out?

I'd say close to slim to none, and his agent and Schneider are apparently unable to talk to each other.

This situation became inevitable after last offseason.

The 3rd 1st rounder is TE- Noah Fant, a good player at a position of need.

ABSOLUETLY THIS ^!^!^

Like it or not Seahawks Fans, Wilsons' heart was no longer in Seattle & was obvious that he wanted out, and honestly?, I don't believe he's been happy here for several years now.
The last couple years of rumors have been pretty distractive & off-putting for his fans, and NO, this is NOT ALL on Pete & John either.
One way or another I believe Wilson would have PRICED himself out of Seattle within the next year or two anyway.
At least with this trade, we didn't get totally skunked.
Not sure what the hell people expected Pete to say when asked about trading Wilson in last weeks interview..."Yeah, Russ' is fed the hell up with Seattle and wants the 'bleep' out of here".
"Nothing Last Forever" So all said & done, I think this is the best outcome we fans could have hoped for.

Chapow

Reaction score
Own The West":2k2nrgme said:
"Schefter reports that the Seahawks will receive QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris, the ninth and 40th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, Denver’s first in 2023, a second-rounder in 2023, and a 2022 fifth-rounder in return for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-rounder."

Shelby Harris can play 3t. He had 6 sacks last year. Might be the player we've been looking for since MikeB left.

Noah Fant made the 2019 All Rookie team and is only 24.

This year we'll get picks:
1(9)
2(40)
5(145)

Assuming Denver makes the playoffs and exits in the first round, 2023:
1(23-ish)
2(55-ish)

It's not a stretch to say we'll be able to add a Von Miller or Chandler Jones and have a top 5 defense next year. And that's before we add a Sauce Gardner or Devin Lloyd through the draft.

We will not know how much of our success this past decade was Pete and how much was Russ for a couple years, but Garoppolo, Newton, and Tannehill all made the playoffs this year. Jimmy made it to the NFCCG. We're not out of anything -- especially in March...

The mantra of this program is, "Always Compete". I don't see us rebuilding, just reloading.

Look around at the teams (and the QB's) in the AFC. That conference is loaded. I think it's just as likely that the Broncos don't make the playoffs as it is that they do. It's entirely conceivable that they finish 3rd or 4th in their own division.

BamKam

Reaction score
I was really looking forward to another season of 5 yard sacks turning into 12 yard sacks, complaining about how bad the OL is because we can't sign anyone worth anything, constant 3rd and longs, and winning a wild card play off game against the Falcons before getting plungered the next week by a decent team... and then getting absolutely nothing for him the next year.

flv

Reaction score
James in PA":dizno9wr said:
Niners fans are probably happy. The Rams, however, are sad to see Russ go.
As a Rams fan i'm hoping Miller re-signs. However, this move might persuade him to return to the Broncos.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sure doesn't make me happy as RW was one of my all time favourite Seahawks, but it was somewhat inevitable and perpetual scab that was picked at constantly.

I heard on Sirius NFL radio that Wilson has waived his no trade clause so this deal is happening pending physical examinations.

Not sure that Drew Lock is the starter the team plans on fielding next season either as there will be a few other QBs on the move in FA this spring. Of course it is unlikely that any of them would be better than Wilson, but will the team be better without Wilson and with the players added?

jeremiah

Reaction score
ivotuk":2kg0rwt9 said:
Absolutely idiotic. Who's going to throw to Fant? Drew Lock sucks.

Teams go nowhere WITHOUT a FRANCHISE QB!!

The RAMS PROVED that! Elite roster, Elite Coach, Jared Goff...nowhere....

We have NOTHING.

And Russell has zero integrity. He's put his Brand and his personal success ahead of his teammates and fans. A team that gave him everything, and he crapped on us.

I hope Denver bombs.

+1 vote for your attitude. What is that letter that comes after E and before G? Yeah _ _ _ _ RW runnin'.

jeremiah

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":fjxmttii said:
flmmkrz":fjxmttii said:
Word is Houston wants 3 1sts a roster player and later pics for Watson and isn't budging and we gave up Russ with no sexual assault baggage for less

Let us know when Houston actually trades Watson, not whatever insane price they're asking for a player that still might not even play for another year or two.

Ain't no one trading three first rounders for a QB who's still embroiled in legal troubles.

WATSON? He is finished as a person, maybe a decent player. Who needs that?

rcaido

Reaction score
Maybe Seahawks tank this season. Wilson then resigns w the Seahawks team friendly contract the following season.

Chapow

Reaction score
ivotuk":39ifx1dy said:
Teams go nowhere WITHOUT a FRANCHISE QB!!

The RAMS PROVED that! Elite roster, Elite Coach, Jared Goff...nowhere....

I don't think you could have picked a worse example. The Rams went to the Super Bowl with Jared Goff. Sure, they didn't win it, but I wouldn't call making it to the Super Bowl "going nowhere".

jeremiah

Reaction score
FattyKnuckle":16od9so3 said:
nanomoz":16od9so3 said:
John63":16od9so3 said:
WmHBonney":16od9so3 said:
Drew Lock, Noah Fant and Shelby Harris.
Two firsts, two seconds and a fifth.

We gave them Russ and a fourth.
IF PC & JS can use these picks wisely, we will be OK.

What in the last 8 years says they will use them right.

Jordan Brooks and D.K. were certainly hits. Though, I still wish they'd drafted Jonathan Taylor instead of Brooks.

Passing over Creed for Eskridge or Penny over Chubb pretty well invalidates a lot of their hits. Those two wasted picks would've given PC and RW the players to run Pete's O very effectively. I'm fully prepared for the 5th round pick to be the best player of this haul.

Marshawn Penny is a superstar, he is much better than Chubb and has less miles on him.

Northhawk

Reaction score
Been on this board and all its past iterations since it started. Seen all eras come and go.

I'm torn on this too like some. Football is one of the team sports where one position is way more important than the rest. Good quarterbacks are hard to find and top 5 almost impossible. So this is a loss that will be hard to overcome.

That said, Pete and John have had 9 years to evolve the team around Russ and failed to do so in a way that gets the team back to SB.

I think the wrong person was let go. I loved Pete and John but they have not progressed the team. They should have gone.

I see us doubling down on D and focusing on run but be far more limited in the passing game. I think the future is more like the 2010 Hasselbeck Seahawks than what we've become accustomed to.

Hope I'm wrong.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":38r6nknq said:
Sure doesn't make me happy as RW was one of my all time favourite Seahawks, but it was somewhat inevitable and perpetual scab that was picked at constantly.

I heard on Sirius NFL radio that Wilson has waived his no trade clause so this deal is happening pending physical examinations.

Not sure that Drew Lock is the starter the team plans on fielding next season either as there will be a few other QBs on the move in FA this spring. Of course it is unlikely that any of them would be better than Wilson, but will the team be better without Wilson and with the players added?

I Think its a misconception that the Hawks starting QB has to be better than Wilson. They can field a great team with just a solid QB that can make all the throws and can manage the O with out making huge mistakes...

I am sad to see Wilson go as well, he was one of my favorite players... I would really like to know the circumstances behind the trade... Not sure we will ever know the whole truth though...

It's going to be very interesting to see where PC and JS do in this off season.

LTH

jeremiah

Reaction score
WarHawks":1qzuf4dl said:
Wow. The negativity here is off the charts! Unbelievable. :pukeface:

I for one and stoked about this. We saw the Bengals turn their team around in a year, and there is no reason we can't do the same thing here. They will get their qb of the future in the next year or two, and then it will be another fun ride watching us climb the hill to the promised land. I would rather have that than another year or two of yelling at Russ to throw the ball, and being frustrated because we couldn't go anywhere in the playoffs. Buckle up boys and girls. For you Aldus Huxley fans, it's a Brave New World out there. Creativity and Imagination will rule the day, not negativity and cynicism. The possibilities are exciting once again. Now I'm super stoked for the draft and all the moves they're going to make, like they used to. Enjoy the ride! :2thumbs:

I am with you, it is not much fun being a downer, but some people make it into an art form. LET'S BE HAPPY AND OPTIMISTIC. RW didn't want to be here. His "ball and chain" wants to be closer to the bright lights, and Seattle is NOT that.

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2ym16zbs said:
I knew this was an inevitability. Wilson had a lot of double speak whenever he talked to the media. He reminded me of a politician at every step. Either way, I think this needed to happen for both parties.
Sums up exactly how I feel. +1.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

Enjoy the complete and utter mediocrity.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawknballs":2xyugjwn said:
LOL at all the people who think this team is just a draft or two and a game manager QB away from competing.

You're in for a rude awakening if the past 9 seasons have been a disappointment for you and you think it's about to get better.

Enjoy the complete and utter mediocrity.

Yeah, I can tell already that I'm going to miss this level of success that has allowed us to win one playoff game over the past five seasons. I'm going to forever dream about the way we heroically concussed their starting QB and survived the fury of a 41-year-old backup making his postseason debut...

Hawknballs

Reaction score
You will when we aren't even sniffing the playoffs for a decade.

Rat

Reaction score
Hawknballs":1onyhl1e said:
You're talking like we weren't dead last in our division last season.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Rat":gy31buha said:
Hawknballs":gy31buha said:
You're talking like we weren't dead last in our division last season.

I'm not saying this wasn't a necessary step. I just see people talking like it's going to be no big deal to just install a game manager QB and rebuild LOB2 with a few draft picks. What about this team drafting recently makes you think five picks are going to turn into a new team? It's not, we'll be lucky if 2 of those become starters.

Cool, you have Noah Fant and no one to get him the ball.