It's Happened - Wilson Traded

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Hawknballs":37g13hmv said:
Hawkpower":37g13hmv said:
Hawknballs":37g13hmv said:
Hawkpower":37g13hmv said:
Exactly.

Not sure why some think holding on to a declining Russ for 2 more years was somehow better in regards to getting back to the Super Bowl some day.

This at least gives us hope, something to get excited about in the future.

There was no future with an aging Wilson.

A "declining" Russ. LOL. Dude broke his finger and missed a bunch of games, still threw 25 TD to only 6 picks and a 103 qb rating but yeah obviously nothing is left in the tank a year removed from throwing 40 TDs :roll:

Russ gave this team a chance. If they could actually field an O line and a pass rush. But they haven't done that.

Now they need to find both of those things AND a franchise QB.

Until they get the QB, this team isn't going anywhere.

People seem to have this mentality that this is going to suck for a year while we rebuild. . . .

Hate to break it to you but it's going to suck until we find a QB and that could take decades. Ask the browns who might still be looking for answers.

Its not up for debate. Wilson's play has declined.

He still can play,, but hes not who he was.

So yes, my use of the word "declining" was appropriate.

you ok with the hawks paying him close to 50per in two years? Cmon man.

It is up for debate. his most recent two seasons he's accounted for 7,500 yards 69 touchdowns and just 19 picks.

Even in a year where he broke his finger in a freak accident on the field he threw 25 tds and only 6 picks.

Is his 'decline' some kind of "eye test"?

Well his rating has declined for 4 straight years

https://www.nfl.com/players/russell-wilson/stats/career

And I'm not talking about his injured finger at all. Its his slowing lack of mobility which has compounded problems from his earlier days that can no longer be masked with houdini acts

To pretend otherwise is just being stubbornly obtuse at this point.

Amc82

Reaction score
I can’t hold my tongue any more . This was such a bad move franchise QBs don’t grow on trees and there probably won’t be another one in Seattle for a long time. I hope Russ can go to Den and win a few rings and show how bad Pete and JS wasted his talent. The scariest thing about this trade is that the dynamic duo of PC and JS who now have all those pics all that talent at their disposal are going to piss it away. That’s my rant agree or disagree I don’t care.

LTH

Reaction score
I keep waiting for player reaction from the Seahawks that is going to say a ot about what happened... was there problems in the locker room surrounding Wilson? was it a conflict between Wilson and Carroll, was it a conflict of offensive philosophy?

all really good questions... I think once we get this information it will give us a better understanding of why the trade went down and possibly why they traded him for what they got.

LTH

MagnificentSeven

Reaction score
This is a sad day for many of us, as Russell Wilson will always be tied to this amazing stretch of Winning for this franchise. After all the Rick Mirers and Dan McGwires and John Friesz and Jon Kitnas and <insert irrelevant Seahawk QB of the last 40 years> we finally had a legitimate HOF player at the most important spot on the field. This one hurts, and I wish I could say that Pete and John have a great track record with high picks, but they don't, and any real examination of this deal can't take place for another 2-4 years, after the draft picks can be evaluated and Wilson's tenure in Denver can be fully examined.

As it stands, even though I like the Fant kid, and Shelby Jackson, and even the four high draft picks, Russell Wilson was a special player that this franchise found a way to run afoul of. He clearly wanted out, and I wish him nothing but the best in Denver, as long as he isn't playing against us in a Superbowl.

I hope this is a fun team next year, with lots of youthful energy and a roster built to win long-term. We aren't there yet, and while I have hope for the offseason, this one really hurts. It's not a stretch to think March 8, 2022 will go down as one of the most important days for this franchise in its history, no matter how it plays out.

samwize77

Reaction score
Ambrose83":iswzunry said:
UK_Seahawk":iswzunry said:
mistaowen":iswzunry said:
So we get Drew Lock, the guy who couldn't win (on the field or the starting job) on a strong defensive team that only needs a QB to become legit SB contenders to take the place of the guy who is responsible for dragging this franchise to winning seasons while the FO whiffs on countless draft classes.

Can't wait for JS to turn these first round picks into dozens of late round picks that don't make the roster!

To be fair every QB we have been linked with in terms draft has been legit. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Wilson himself.

Someone will be coming in early.

I'm convinced facts do not matter on this forum... There is not one legit starting caliber QB in this draft ....

Did anybody consider RW a starter coming out of College?
Sometimes ya just never know

Natethegreat

Reaction score
If Russ wins the super bowl next year some on here will still be spitting at him and placing all blame on Russ. The fact is Pete and John have failed spectacularly in their trades and drafts. The Jamal Adams trade was a truly awful desperation trade that set back this team a lot. Not to mention the trades for Graham and Harvin. The way we have thrown away draft capital every stinking year is a joke. Certainly not win forever moves.
So many here seem to blame Russ for this team not advancing in the playoffs. I saw a team that was only there because of Russ. Seahawks are going to be terrible next year and quite possibly for a long time to come and the blame lies squarely on the F.O. not Russ.

Rule

Reaction score
im curious how much desai and the other new coaches brought in knew, that they would be in for a russell-less team.

Elemas

Reaction score
kidhawk":1k5p5syz said:
mistaowen":1k5p5syz said:
In my opinion, Pete/JS don't get a long leash for a rebuild here. They tease 're-tooling' twice now and the team has continued in a downtrend, now without a HOF franchise QB. They have to knock this offseason out of the park and bring in some immediate STARTERS. Team needs to be competitive and show they have already started to build a new core even if that doesn't translate to wins in 2022. Losing the guy who has covered these issues since ~2017 is a huge concern and my faith in them is pretty low at this point. Another year of signing depth players to starter contracts shouldn't be acceptable.

Reasons to be excited for an offseason finally at least. Lots of cap space that won't have to figure out a $45 mil QB, actually have draft pick ammo early in the draft.

I don't see this as a long term rebuild either. I'm not thinking it's a one off season fix though either. I think this is a short term rebuild that will see us stay relatively competitive week to week this year, and see improvements next year with 2024 being the first year we are looking like a contender again (by contender I mean to win it all). Of course that's assuming this trade is successful. If not, then we will likely see a real implosion after this season or next.

Wooooahhhh…I’m all for recreational use but, bro….slow down hombre.

samwize77

Reaction score
I have to thank RW for the Thrills....so many of them!
However.....if the guy doesn't want to be here, and doesn't want to play for us fans........for the people of Seattle.......well then....forget him. Good luck RW. It had to happen sometime anyhow.

Now...as far as compensation. I'll just wait to see how things unfold.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
LTH":2q7yp8qm said:
I keep waiting for player reaction from the Seahawks that is going to say a ot about what happened... was there problems in the locker room surrounding Wilson? was it a conflict between Wilson and Carroll, was it a conflict of offensive philosophy?

all really good questions... I think once we get this information it will give us a better understanding of why the trade went down and possibly why they traded him for what they got.

LTH

50 million is what happened

No way you can pay Russ that.

rjdriver

Reaction score
It was such a privilege to watch #3 play. I can’t help but thinking about that Chicago game in his first year at Soldier Field. I couldn’t believe that I was watching “my” Seahawks. I knew something special was brewing.

That said.

Bidding should have started at three 1’s.

Rat

Reaction score
hgwellz12":fkpsf78t said:
I'm pissed that I never got to take my boy to a Hawks game with Russell at the helm. Ahhh, eff it. I have bigger things to worry about atm. But gottdamn this $h!t stings.

Go Hawks.

Just imagine how inspired he will be watching Drew Lock. Unlike our last QB, Lock can see literally miles over the line.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Rat":605br9n7 said:
hgwellz12":605br9n7 said:
I'm pissed that I never got to take my boy to a Hawks game with Russell at the helm. Ahhh, eff it. I have bigger things to worry about atm. But gottdamn this $h!t stings.

Go Hawks.

Just imagine how inspired he will be watching Drew Lock. Unlike our last QB, Lock can see literally miles over the line.
I saw Charlie Whitehurst start a game...can't be much worse than that.

LTH

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1igt9u32 said:
LTH":1igt9u32 said:

LTH

50 million is what happened

No way you can pay Russ that.

I'm sure that had something to do with it...but there is also other factors involved.. there has been a lot of speculation on Wilson... and I would be very disappointed if we didn't get to hear what really went down to get things to this point. I think they owe us a good explanation... I don't however think we will get the truth. that bothers me...

LTH

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
Rat":23i0h6rg said:
hgwellz12":23i0h6rg said:

Go Hawks.

:34853_doh:

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
keasley45":1uf2rxp4 said:
brimsalabim":1uf2rxp4 said:
hoxrox":1uf2rxp4 said:
Aros":1uf2rxp4 said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

It's possible WAS offered 3 firsts. But with the no-trade clause, the FO options were limited.

Wilson is from Richmond VA about a hundred miles from DC. I'm surprised he would jump at the chance to play there.

Wilson has been enamored with Colorado since his he baseball days. He wanted to play for the Rockies. So not surprised there, especially with the opportunity to follow Peyton Manning.

I'm shocked....since initially, to me, Russ wanted stability, as he builds his family, kids having that...."home town" roots.
Perhaps, this is a move, he and Ciara wanted, for a possible business venture....Ownership of , MLB, NBA team, in Co.

Broncos are in a WIN NOW mind set.....so, will they be willing to , commit to 200 MIL + in 2 years ? Russ might find himself on a conveyer belt for the next 6 years...his value more in future picks for teams. Love Russ and what excitement he has brought to the Seahawks since 2012, and wish him all the best....he is a good man. Biggest losers here are kids that looked forward to Tuesdays, at Seattle Children's Hospital.

As far as future.....I think the QB they see for the future is in next years draft.....when they have 2 , 1st . I can't see a ...Burrows , T. Lawrence , J.Allen type talent , in this years, but then again....no one saw RW as a franchise talent in 2012 either.

As i type this...leaning, Hawks have released, Bobby Wagner , damn

CDN_C_Hawk

Reaction score
keasley45":331blg4s said:
brimsalabim":331blg4s said:
hoxrox":331blg4s said:
Aros":331blg4s said:
It really bugs me that this deal didn't include 3 first rounders.

It's possible WAS offered 3 firsts. But with the no-trade clause, the FO options were limited.

Wilson is from Richmond VA about a hundred miles from DC. I'm surprised he would jump at the chance to play there.

Wilson has been enamored with Colorado since his he baseball days. He wanted to play for the Rockies. So not surprised there, especially with the opportunity to follow Peyton Manning.

I'm shocked....since initially, to me, Russ wanted stability, as he builds his family, kids having that...."home town" roots.
Perhaps, this is a move, he and Ciara wanted, for a possible business venture....Ownership of , MLB, NBA team, in Co.

Broncos are in a WIN NOW mind set.....so, will they be willing to , commit to 200 MIL + in 2 years ? Russ might find himself on a conveyer belt for the next 6 years...his value more in future picks for teams. Love Russ and what excitement he has brought to the Seahawks since 2012, and wish him all the best....he is a good man. Biggest losers here are kids that looked forward to Tuesdays, at Seattle Children's Hospital.

As far as future.....I think the QB they see for the future is in next years draft.....when they have 2 , 1st . I can't see a ...Burrows , T. Lawrence , J.Allen type talent , in this years, but then again....no one saw RW as a franchise talent in 2012 either.

As i type this...leaning, Hawks have released, Bobby Wagner , damn

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2dyhewym said:
beastalamode":2dyhewym said:
So we unload Russ but not the architects of the disastrous Adams trade? Pete and Jon should have been fired 30 minutes after news of this trade broke.

What a clownworld we live in.
Who's going to fire Pete & Jon? They pretty much are the acting ownership. Heck I'm starting to wonder if one of them might be doing Jody.

Sir…

:snack: :lol:

Smellyman

Reaction score
rjdriver":3efubrlh said:
It was such a privilege to watch #3 play. I can’t help but thinking about that Chicago game in his first year at Soldier Field. I couldn’t believe that I was watching “my” Seahawks. I knew something special was brewing.

That said.

Bidding should have started at three 1’s.

there was no bidding because RW had a no trade clause.