It's Happened - Wilson Traded

jeremiah

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1lz77gvo said:
I knew this was an inevitability. Wilson had a lot of double speak whenever he talked to the media. He reminded me of a politician at every step. Either way, I think this needed to happen for both parties.

GO HAWKS, but I mean it. Russell never did. He was a two faced s. o. d. from the git. I bought into his gung ho attitude BITD, but that was shoved into the trashcan long ago.

Own The West

Reaction score
"Schefter reports that the Seahawks will receive QB Drew Lock, TE Noah Fant, DL Shelby Harris, the ninth and 40th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, Denver’s first in 2023, a second-rounder in 2023, and a 2022 fifth-rounder in return for Wilson and a 2022 fourth-rounder."

Shelby Harris can play 3t. He had 6 sacks last year. Might be the player we've been looking for since MikeB left.

[youtube]ouRA4MA2r9w[/youtube]

Noah Fant made the 2019 All Rookie team and is only 24.

This year we'll get picks:
1(9)
2(40)
5(145)

Assuming Denver makes the playoffs and exits in the first round, 2023:
1(23-ish)
2(55-ish)

It's not a stretch to say we'll be able to add a Von Miller or Chandler Jones and have a top 5 defense next year. And that's before we add a Sauce Gardner or Devin Lloyd through the draft.

We will not know how much of our success this past decade was Pete and how much was Russ for a couple years, but Garoppolo, Newton, and Tannehill all made the playoffs this year. Jimmy made it to the NFCCG. We're not out of anything -- especially in March...

The mantra of this program is, "Always Compete". I don't see us rebuilding, just reloading.

NINEster

Reaction score
zchurch74":x37nvhjw said:
To quote Ice Cube “today was a good day”. Now Broncos fans get to yell “throw the f*** ball”.

I’d rather lose without him than with him. I will take some rebuild time. Never liked Russ.

I'm rather torn on this myself.

Now it's imperative for Carroll and Schneider to hit on those picks, and exploit those new players.

If they can't do that, then 2010-2014 was all about exploiting Carroll's time in USC, or that was the luckiest set of drafts in recent memory.

LTH

Reaction score
It's a big change... I just think we have to see how it plays out before we can make a judgement on how good the trade is... I think It gives Seattle a lot of options to do a lot of things... It's definitely going to be an interesting next few months, no question about that. Seattle isn't done not by any stretch of the imagination...

does anyone know when the next PC is? I would really like to have a better understanding on what happened and what the issues really were... is this a money thing, is this a move because of Wilsons attitude, what's really happening with this trade...

Lets see what happens

LTH

jeremiah

Reaction score
UK_Seahawk":3c6o9n9f said:
mistaowen":3c6o9n9f said:
So we get Drew Lock, the guy who couldn't win (on the field or the starting job) on a strong defensive team that only needs a QB to become legit SB contenders to take the place of the guy who is responsible for dragging this franchise to winning seasons while the FO whiffs on countless draft classes.

Can't wait for JS to turn these first round picks into dozens of late round picks that don't make the roster!

To be fair every QB we have been linked with in terms draft has been legit. Mahomes, Josh Allen, Wilson himself.

Someone will be coming in early.

Have the Jets given up on Zack Wilson yet? He will be a star given the right system and coach.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Alright, calm down people, we all knew this was coming. I'm actually surprised, it's a ballsy move, I had serious doubts that PC/JS would pull it off.

Let's be honest, RW is a winner without question but have you ever thought of him as a GOAT QB? Did we win the Super bowl because of him? Would he have a ring without LOB? Well... there ya go.

Instead of hoping RW could stay healthy enough to drag us into the playoffs year after year we have a shot. I still reserve serious doubts that PC/JS can replicate LOB without the massive insider information they had into college players but.. still, at least it makes things more interesting.

If the Broncos understand RW's limitations and play to his strengths it's going to be rough to watch. I kind of hope they expect him to direct the offense like Peyton, not thinking that will go so well. But I am looking forward to seeing if we finally get to fill in the "Unknowns" about RW.

Hawknight

Reaction score
Well, if we are blowing up the team. Just imagine how many picks we can get for Lockett, Metcalf, and who else? I mean yes, there will be dead money from the trades, but does it matter much with a rebuild in progress? I hate to say it but I think Bobby will be gone too.Thoughts?

Spohawks

Reaction score
Leave the drama at the door and welcome in the value aspect!
Fant = 1st round pick
A back up QB = 3rd round pick
D-lineman who gives you 6 sacks = 3rd pick

So it's basically (3) 1sts, (2) 2nds and (2) 3rds for Russ.

Russ was out the door last year when he picked 4 teams he would trade to...let that hope of keeping him go.

People on here act like Russ is the difference between sucking and the Superbowl...guess what? The Seahawks SUCKED with him last year.

This was the steal of the 2020's decade by the Seahawks. They took a player who was injured last year, can't run anymore and wanted out for a year and got some sick draft capital, 6 more sacks, a pro bowl level TE and an up grade at the back up QB position.

OOOOOHH THE HAWKS AIN'T DONE YET!!! You can bet some major trades are coming. Keep your draft days clear, no draft pick is safe from being traded for some later picks. It's going to be a wild few months!

Trade grade:A+++

LymonHawk

Reaction score
A bit surprised, but not disappointed. IMHO: He has lost his shine. Let him take his attention wh*re butt somewhere else.

And as far as the SB win goes, defense just about out scored Denver.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1d2xfknt said:
Bobby is gone imo.

Already rumors of trading Lockett as well.

Make sense, if you're tearing it all down then no reason to keep high priced vets who aren't in your long range plans.

jeremy2020

Reaction score
WarHawks":28cts7dk said:
Wow. The negativity here is off the charts! Unbelievable. :pukeface:

I for one and stoked about this. We saw the Bengals turn their team around in a year, and there is no reason we can't do the same thing here. They will get their qb of the future in the next year or two, and then it will be another fun ride watching us climb the hill to the promised land. I would rather have that than another year or two of yelling at Russ to throw the ball, and being frustrated because we couldn't go anywhere in the playoffs. Buckle up boys and girls. For you Aldus Huxley fans, it's a Brave New World out there. Creativity and Imagination will rule the day, not negativity and cynicism. The possibilities are exciting once again. Now I'm super stoked for the draft and all the moves they're going to make, like they used to. Enjoy the ride! :2thumbs:

Geno, Jamal and apparently trying to get Darnold is appropriate because the Jets are who we'll be competing with for the next few years.

Your "Bengals" did it logic ignores all the teams who didn't.. it's "lottery" logic. Somebody wins! Why not me?!

NINEster

Reaction score
zchurch74":1mmyotyc said:
Before we say there is no one out there, No one was excited when Russ won the job. Lock isn’t the answer. This trade isn’t done. We can always trade for other players with our acquired picks. Remember, the Ravens won a SB with Dilfer…

That era has long passed. Garoppolo would still be a Niner QB if that were the case, definitely a SB champion by now.

And if you think Seattle is gonna win like 2000 Baltimore, you'll need an even better defense than the one you had 8 years ago.

jeremiah

Reaction score
SeaWolv":10c0hv9f said:
Not surprised by this deal. The window closed on RW in Seattle as soon as GB gave Rodgers $200 mil over 4 years. No way you can rebuild and be competitive with a QB making that kind of scratch which is what RW would have required next year to stay. Too many holes to fill.

What I am surprised by is why let Pete at age 70, or even John for that matter, helm this rebuild??

They let them do it, because they have DONE IT BEFORE.... I am not a PC fan, but they did it once. WHO WAS Russett Willson before PC and Schneider? A too small QB with wheels. They are a dime a dozen. The way the league is structured for a good QB to look like a superstar with the right system and talent, it is not going to be hard to replace good OLD Mr Wilson.

mistaowen

Reaction score
In my opinion, Pete/JS don't get a long leash for a rebuild here. They tease 're-tooling' twice now and the team has continued in a downtrend, now without a HOF franchise QB. They have to knock this offseason out of the park and bring in some immediate STARTERS. Team needs to be competitive and show they have already started to build a new core even if that doesn't translate to wins in 2022. Losing the guy who has covered these issues since ~2017 is a huge concern and my faith in them is pretty low at this point. Another year of signing depth players to starter contracts shouldn't be acceptable.

Reasons to be excited for an offseason finally at least. Lots of cap space that won't have to figure out a $45 mil QB, actually have draft pick ammo early in the draft.

sprhawk73

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ada5ab1 said:
WarHawks":2ada5ab1 said:
Wow. The negativity here is off the charts! Unbelievable. :pukeface:

I for one and stoked about this. We saw the Bengals turn their team around in a year, and there is no reason we can't do the same thing here. They will get their qb of the future in the next year or two, and then it will be another fun ride watching us climb the hill to the promised land. I would rather have that than another year or two of yelling at Russ to throw the ball, and being frustrated because we couldn't go anywhere in the playoffs. Buckle up boys and girls. For you Aldus Huxley fans, it's a Brave New World out there. Creativity and Imagination will rule the day, not negativity and cynicism. The possibilities are exciting once again. Now I'm super stoked for the draft and all the moves they're going to make, like they used to. Enjoy the ride! :2thumbs:

Now that the shock has worn off, this is pretty much where I'm at.

We lived through 2-14 seasons and moving vans taking our team to California. This isn't a blip on the radar for a grizzled tortured Hawk fan.

The end of the Russell Wilson era is sad, but I'm excited to see what Pete and John can do now.

I can remember being a proud Seahawk, win or lose, because of my teams good character. We were the good guys, hell our ROH has role models galore. I don't like that it took questionable characters for us to win the SB but after XL it's obvious that good guys don't win in the NFL. I'll always be a fan but losing now just isn't the same.

kidhawk

Reaction score
mistaowen":26c2je2y said:
In my opinion, Pete/JS don't get a long leash for a rebuild here. They tease 're-tooling' twice now and the team has continued in a downtrend, now without a HOF franchise QB. They have to knock this offseason out of the park and bring in some immediate STARTERS. Team needs to be competitive and show they have already started to build a new core even if that doesn't translate to wins in 2022. Losing the guy who has covered these issues since ~2017 is a huge concern and my faith in them is pretty low at this point. Another year of signing depth players to starter contracts shouldn't be acceptable.

Reasons to be excited for an offseason finally at least. Lots of cap space that won't have to figure out a $45 mil QB, actually have draft pick ammo early in the draft.

I don't see this as a long term rebuild either. I'm not thinking it's a one off season fix though either. I think this is a short term rebuild that will see us stay relatively competitive week to week this year, and see improvements next year with 2024 being the first year we are looking like a contender again (by contender I mean to win it all). Of course that's assuming this trade is successful. If not, then we will likely see a real implosion after this season or next.