Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Cesspool that's what comes to mind reading these posts on Pete. The Wilson apologists continue the anti Pete crusade. Don't get me wrong i have issues with Pete to but as long as the defense takes a step forward i'm not going to advocate for Pete's firing. The offense isn't expected to carry this team this year anything good we get from them is a bonus. Two rookie Tackles i remind you and we don't know if Lock is going to take the next step or fail.

Fade

Reaction score
2022: They just traded Wilson! You gotta give them time!!!

2023: They just drafted a QB! You gotta give them time!!

2024: It's his 1st full year starting, you gotta give them time!

2025: He got injured, don't count. Next year, put up or Shut up!

2026: Okay, NOW it's time to make a change.

Prepare for a long wait. Find the little things about the team to be entertained by, like what you had to do in the 90's.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score

Prepare for a long wait. Find the little things about the team to be entertained by, like what you had to do in the 90's.
Thanks for laying out your dream scenario for us, very cool dude

hoxrox

Reaction score

I like my version better:

2022 offseason: We got rid of Wilson who couldn't carry the team past good playoff defenses. Yay! Now we can rebuild the trenches and put together a young and fast defense!!

2022 season: Shit, Geno/Lock looking serviceable and not as bad as we all thought! Penny/KW3 strong rushing attack keeping games competitive! Fast defense showing flashes with multiple young stars on the rise!

2023 offseason: Tons of cap space to sign quality FAs or keep star players if needed! Drafts rookie franchise QB in a deep QB class!

2023 season: Defense now looking dominant! Strong run game takes pressure off rookie QB and keeps games competitive! Franchise rookie QB showing growth by end of year!

2024 season: Top 5 Defense looking straight nasty!! Turnovers, sacks, picks galore. Dominating like the LOB days! Franchise QB with more NFL experience + dominate D + strong rushing attack leading to post season victories! Maybe even a SB appearance!

2025: The most complete team we've had in a long time, leading to a SB victory! PC retires and rides off into the sunset.

chrispy

Reaction score

2022 offseason: We got rid of Wilson who couldn't carry the team past good playoff defenses. Yay! Now we can rebuild the trenches and put together a young and fast defense!!

2022 season: Shit, Geno/Lock looking serviceable and not as bad as we all thought! Penny/KW3 strong rushing attack keeping games competitive! Fast defense showing flashes with multiple young stars on the rise!

2023 offseason: Tons of cap space to sign quality FAs or keep star players if needed! Drafts rookie franchise QB in a deep QB class!

2023 season: Defense now looking dominant! Strong run game takes pressure off rookie QB and keeps games competitive! Franchise rookie QB showing growth by end of year!

2024 season: Top 5 Defense looking straight nasty!! Turnovers, sacks, picks galore. Dominating like the LOB days! Franchise QB with more NFL experience + dominate D + strong rushing attack leading to post season victories! Maybe even a SB appearance!

2025: The most complete team we've had in a long time, leading to a SB victory! PC retires and rides off into the sunset.
Can the 2025 SB win be against the Broncos please?

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score

If they would have done this exact timeline but started in 2017 or 2018 I might be with you. Someone needs to be accountable for 7 years of playoff hell.

chrispy

Reaction score
It's reasonable to think the Seahawks should have cut the cord in 2018 instead of extending Wilson. A trade then probably would have been about as lucrative, but we don't know. I'd think, just because he is the way he is, JS might have asked around for what a trade might look like. It's just a matter of degrees, right?

At the time, what was the risk-reward analysis? There were rumblings about locker room problems. Wilson's "short memory" seemed to be an excuse for lack of accountability. To me, however, it seemed like it was just as normal as other franchise QBs. Cam was in the SB in 2016 and that was a circus, remember? Extending Wilson seemed reasonable at the time, to me. But I won't disagree that there's a chance we'd be a year or 2 ahead if he'd been traded then.

The accountability piece is all clear now. The organization feels like RW3's negatives outweigh his positives and that accounted for the team's stagnation/decline. Negatives mostly being salary but probably includes other behind-the-scene issues. Of course not everyone agrees with the team's choice nor the assignment of accountability. For that argument, we'll probably have to wait 6-18 months.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
If they would have done this exact timeline but started in 2017 or 2018 I might be with you. Someone needs to be accountable for 7 years of playoff hell.
Traded Wilson?
Yep ^ Damned good start to the RELOADING process.
Field a Younger, Faster, Hungrier, & More >>TEAM<< ORIENTED players, like he did with the FIRST Lombardi crew.

John63

Reaction score

Yup this will be it. maybe even a little blame game toward a player or coach.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
CincinnatI’s 3 playoff wins last season was the same amount of post season wins we have since losing the Super Bowl.
Cincinnati has a better QB than we've had since 2014. So what's your point? If we had a better QB, we'd have won more in those playoffs. We had a QB who shrinks in the post season

xray

Reaction score
High school coaches don't even get a pass these days .

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The same folks who want Pete’s head are unwilling to even accept the team could be long term improved with RW gone.

Wilson got figured out by the league, defences watched enough film on his escape moves to effectively spy him or cut him off and took away his effectiveness with two high safety schemes and quarter coverages. Wilson didn’t adapt and wanted things done ‘his way’ becoming more of a me player. He was unhappy in Seattle and wanted to be traded. It was time for a change, let’s see how it works before condemning it to abject failure.

The championship teams were built on a foundation of a strong D. Already they have many pieces here that could be the basis of a very solid D. The team as well has numerous skill players on O who could prove far better than expert assessment as many are young and hungry. Even if their QB is not much more than a game manager with a far stronger D and an average albeit at time explosive O the team could be far better than most expect.

Thanks to Wilson for your time here, but I now want to see Fant, Harris, and even Lock. Additionally I want to see the players they got in the draft Cross and Mafe and Walker and particularly Lucas and Bryant. I’m seriously curious about the direction of the new D and whether Woolen, and Tyreke Smith can show something early. The present team is younger, hungry and much faster than any past team of the of Carroll/ Schneider regime, with future cap space for possible acquisitions and new schemes on both sides of the ball. It will be interesting to see how quickly it can come together.

Knowing the team has numerous early picks in the next draft is also encouraging as heck. Signs point to brighter future and a much stronger team.

I need to see how things look when the bullets fly and think those writing the team off are blinded by their biases.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Too little. Too late. PC will never win more than 1 playoff game in any given year for the rest of his far too long career.

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Hey Jayhawk, do you, Twisted, or Johnny63 wanna buy Crying Towels??, I hear the used tear stained Bronco Fan ones are going pretty cheap on e-bay these days. LOLOLOL
Some people accept mediocrity. I guess you are one of them.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Some people accept mediocrity. I guess you are one of them.
or have a different opinion how to get out of mediocrity. Dumping Pete and attemtping to build a new culture and new structure is often harder than dumping a fading QB and building up again. Many think the latter was the better move