Is everyone already giving PC a pass for next season?

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Yeah with the heroics of a HOF QB thats not there anymore. Lets see how he fares for the rest of his tenure.
LOLOL Sounds to me like YOU & a few others have went right on ahead & QUIT (just like Russ did).
Pete adjusted AFTER the "All World" LOB had moved on, then again after Marshawn "The Beast" Lynch moved on, and the FACT of the matter is, he will once again "ADJUST" for the failings of Mr. THREE & OUT-MASTER too.
And here's another mind blower for you & the other "Quitters" to ponder on, IF your hero Russ makes no further "Adjustments" and continues to try and play the same sandlot style Hero Ball, he will just be picking up in Denver where he left off in Seattle.
I don't care how you cut it; the 'Donko' Coaches will have the same obstacles and have to make the same "Adjustments" for Wilsons' shortcomings as Pete did.
I have little doubt that Wilson won't try & re-invent himself to cover for his shortfalls, (he'll have to) and if he does, good for him.
After a few hiccups, Pete will come through just fine with this 'Reloading'...After all, it was he & John who had brought in 'THE BEAST', then FOUND an up-and-coming Russell Wilson, they BUILT & Bolstered for Russ' weaknesses back then, just as they will BUILD around OUR NEXT SEAHAWKS Quarterback.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
You say that as if you think the Seahawks are incapable of X's and O's, game planning, and making adjustments on the fly.
Sadly, after that Buffalo game, and Pete's post-game presser, I would have to put on my rose-colored glasses to think otherwise. And this is about in-game adjustments on defence as much as offence. (see the Saints game for Pete's failure to adjust on offense.)

But maybe this year will be different. Delegation can be a powerful thing when there are capable underlings. Will Pete be willing at long last to check his ego and loosen the reigns?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
LOLOL Sounds to me like YOU & a few others have went right on ahead & QUIT (just like Russ did).
Pete adjusted AFTER the "All World" LOB had moved on, then again after Marshawn "The Beast" Lynch moved on, and the FACT of the matter is, he will once again "ADJUST" for the failings of Mr. THREE & OUT-MASTER too.
And here's another mind blower for you & the other "Quitters" to ponder on, IF your hero Russ makes no further "Adjustments" and continues to try and play the same sandlot style Hero Ball, he will just be picking up in Denver where he left off in Seattle.
I don't care how you cut it; the 'Donko' Coaches will have the same obstacles and have to make the same "Adjustments" for Wilsons' shortcomings as Pete did.
I have little doubt that Wilson won't try & re-invent himself to cover for his shortfalls, (he'll have to) and if he does, good for him.
After a few hiccups, Pete will come through just fine with this 'Reloading'...After all, it was he & John who had brought in 'THE BEAST', then FOUND an up-and-coming Russell Wilson, they BUILT & Bolstered for Russ' weaknesses back then, just as they will BUILD around OUR NEXT SEAHAWKS Quarterback.

Pete adjusted? LOL. Its the same thing every year with Pete. Its why I said it doesnt matter how many coordinators come through, Pete takes over at some point and handcuffs the team. Fans want to blame Wilson for it all now for some reason. You would think people would know better at this point, but I guess the usual rude awakening will need to happen once again.

Russ will continue to win his usual 10 to 12 games in Denver and will have better post season success while Seattle fans will continue to make excuses for the antiquated head coach that the game has passed by.

BASF

Reaction score
Pete adjusted? LOL. Its the same thing every year with Pete. Its why I said it doesnt matter how many coordinators come through, Pete takes over at some point and handcuffs the team. Fans want to blame Wilson for it all now for some reason. You would think people would know better at this point, but I guess the usual rude awakening will need to happen once again.

Russ will continue to win his usual 10 to 12 games in Denver and will have better post season success while Seattle fans will continue to make excuses for the antiquated head coach that the game has passed by.
Did Carroll tell Wilson not to throw to open short and intermediate receivers especially in the middle of the field?

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Did Carroll tell Wilson not to throw to open short and intermediate receivers especially in the middle of the field?
While I agree with that assessment I also believe RW won more game that PC screwed up than PC winning games that RW screwed up.

BASF

Reaction score
While I agree with that assessment I also believe RW won more game that PC screwed up than PC winning games that RW screwed up.
Very well could be true, but it has become a chicken and egg deal the past few seasons. Wilson definitely stopped throwing to certain parts of the field, there is too much video evidence to refute it. So, was his unwillingness to throw things even if they were open the death nell for the Seahawks offense. Everyone knows that professional defenses can see these things on film better than we the fans can. As soon as they have seen the pattern, they know how to dictate Wilson's actions. Anyone who watches film can see that teams with good defenses started doing it mid 2020. Wilson's unwillingness to adapt to the defenses dictating his actions was what made things far more difficult.

scutterhawk

Reaction score

So says you, I just happen to think that you're full of the mushy Stinky Brown stuff.
YOU like Jay, have OBVIOUSLY discredited the games that MARSHAWN LYNCH was involved in and ACTUALLY HELPED Wilson to win in his earlier years...You guys have also dismissed how much PETE'S Running aspect of the games HELPED to put Russ in the wins too.
Russ was NOT the One-Man Gang that you guys are trying to portray him to have been HE GOT A LOT OF HELP from PETE'S Coaching as well.
REMEMBER, THERE WERE A LOT OF >>RECEIVERS<<>>& RUNNING BACKS THAT H-E-L-P-E-D TO PUT WILSON INTO THAT TOP TEN, Two of which are still with the Seahawks.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I also think he very well could've just saved a future era of Seahawks football by deciding to finally cut Russ loose, too. That, alone, gets a pass from me. The nuts needed to make that correct decision and probably suffer in the short-term for the obvious long-term health of the franchise - that's what I need out of the head of the franchise.

Yeah, he gets a pass this year. As long as they're scrappy.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score

Lol. Guy won the team games for years, but the only thing that matters is the tired, old "he doesnt throw the short passes in the middle". We'll see how the team does this up coming season with two QBs that can only throw short passes in the middle. Super Bowl here we come.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
So says you, I just happen to think that you're full of the mushy Stinky Brown stuff.
YOU like Jay, have OBVIOUSLY discredited the games that MARSHAWN LYNCH was involved in and ACTUALLY HELPED Wilson to win in his earlier years...You guys have also dismissed how much PETE'S Running aspect of the games HELPED to put Russ in the wins too.
Russ was NOT the One-Man Gang that you guys are trying to portray him to have been HE GOT A LOT OF HELP from PETE'S Coaching as well.
REMEMBER, THERE WERE A LOT OF >>RECEIVERS<<>>& RUNNING BACKS THAT H-E-L-P-E-D TO PUT WILSON INTO THAT TOP TEN, Two of which are still with the Seahawks.

Nobody is discrediting games with Lynch and the LOB. I'm referring to 2015 and onward. Yes, Russ was the One-Man Gang that we portray and your going to find that out the hard way the next several seasons.

Pete's coaching? Lol. Yeah here was his help. "Here Russ. Its the 4th quarter. Take this ball and go and try to win it for us since my trying to force a square peg in a round hole gameplan hasent worked for three quarters now".

OP
OP
J

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
I just worry this is where we are headed:

”Dallas outgained Seattle in total yards 380–299 and limited the Seahawks, the #1 rushing offense during the regular season, to just 73 yards on the ground.”

Smellyman

Reaction score
I just worry this is where we are headed:

”Dallas outgained Seattle in total yards 380–299 and limited the Seahawks, the #1 rushing offense during the regular season, to just 73 yards on the ground.”
and I was worried about this.

Wilson had one of his worst playoff performances. He was 11 of 27 for 174 yards. Wilson connected with Metcalf on a pair of TDs: 51 yards in the first half off a broken play, and a 12-yard TD with 2:28 left to make the score more respectable.

BASF

Reaction score
Lol. Guy won the team games for years, but the only thing that matters is the tired, old "he doesnt throw the short passes in the middle". We'll see how the team does this up coming season with two QBs that can only throw short passes in the middle. Super Bowl here we come.
That is comical. I agree about Smith, but Lock can throw a very good deep ball:

This ball goes 56 yards in the air:

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Nobody is discrediting games with Lynch and the LOB. I'm referring to 2015 and onward. Yes, Russ was the One-Man Gang that we portray and your going to find that out the hard way the next several seasons.

Pete's coaching? Lol. Yeah here was his help. "Here Russ. Its the 4th quarter. Take this ball and go and try to win it for us since my trying to force a square peg in a round hole gameplan hasent worked for three quarters now".
Yea "Here Russ, you couldn't win in the first quarter, you couldn't win it in the second or the third quarters, now go on ahead and lose it in the fourth".
THERE WERE PLENTY OF LAYUPS THAT HE DIDN'T TAKE.
"Your Defensive Brothers are GASSED because of all your three and outs".
Rewatch the last few games where Penny came in and COVERED Russ' ass, THAT'S what a Run game can do for a Sandlot/Hero Ball Quarterback who doesn't have the escape abilities that he once had...PAY special attention to the look of SATISFACTION on Pete's face..."See, that's how you add another FACET to your offensive attack, did you happen to notice how GASSED their Defenders were??"

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Yea "Here Russ, you couldn't win in the first quarter, you couldn't win it in the second or the third quarters, now go on ahead and lose it in the fourth".
THERE WERE PLENTY OF LAYUPS THAT HE DIDN'T TAKE.
"Your Defensive Brothers are GASSED because of all your three and outs".
Rewatch the last few games where Penny came in and COVERED Russ' ass, THAT'S what a Run game can do for a Sandlot/Hero Ball Quarterback who doesn't have the escape abilities that he once had...PAY special attention to the look of SATISFACTION on Pete's face..."See, that's how you add another FACET to your offensive attack, did you happen to notice how GASSED their Defenders were??"

Yeah the 3 and outs didnt help, but lets not pretend that the defense was gassed just because of that. The defenses was gassed because they stunk and couldnt get off of the field.

Sure a run game benefits any team. Problem is, Wilson didnt have one for a lot of the times he was out there. The last few games dont mean squat for the first 3/4's of the season or the years before.