I was wrong! You haters were right!

Rainger

Reaction score
Can't tackle, can't throw, can't catch, can't kick, penalty prown, can't play call, can't special teams. My prediction of 8 wins is truly out the window!

I said I would admit it and take my lumps. This team will not win 8 games. Also all you RW lovers you should be glad he went to Denver because even God can't help this team.

Pre season or not some of the worst Hawks play I have seen since the ugly 90s

Last edited:

907Hawk

Reaction score
LOL...You sound like me fresh after the game. But bro, we both know preseason is just that. Preseason.

Let's not go to Defcon 2 until Week 6.
All true but they do look bad. It was hard trying to find some positive from that mess.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
The team is going to be bad, like 5 wins max bad. Anyone who thinks we will sniff .500 is a homer. We likely have a bottom 3 QB with a defense that’s mediocre at best.

NFL is a QB driven sport, without one it’s hard to win.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Why even care at all though? This team even with Wilson and Wagner was hard-pressed to compete for a play-off opp. Now they are a more relatively younger inexperienced team with a lot of new everything that predictably had the probable potential of playing really ugly football.

If at all as I am pretty reserved right now but like Aros I’m saving any highly critical judgement until the 2nd half of the season to see if/how these guys can grind, grow, galvanized, and gain momentum together.

I also understand that my words also don’t mean a damn thing regardless as if the Seahawks will be the team I want or expect them to be. Good, bad, or historically ugly…I’m along for a ride, save for highly severe or career ending injuries, this team is in a position where they can’t even lose even if all they do is lose. (Yeah, fade that does make me a loser).

olyfan63

Reaction score
Yes, it was f*ugly for sure. Contrast to the Stealers game where it was shocking how FEW penalties and miscues there were, really on both sides.

It's preseason game 2, there were a lot, lot of young new-to-the-NFL players in the game, many vets sitting out. The announcers said 20 Seahawks players unavailable, but not sure how many veterans. The many silly penalties sure messed up a lot of drives.

There were a number of bright spots; Cross and Lucas; Tariq Woolen, and Coby Bryant, among others.

Not a bright spot: Geno. Geno, true to form, found some way to screw things up or have players simply not make plays for him, time after time. He did make some good reads and throws as well. Mainly what Geno did is leave the door WIDE, WIDE OPEN for Lock to come in and play passably in game 3 and get the starting nod for opening day.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
Dude, did you watch the same game at all? Hard trying to find a positive? That offensive line mauled the hell out of Pittsburgh.
Excuse me but my post was not about Pittsburgh. It was about a completely disgusting performance against one of the worst teams in the league at home.

My hope is that they can salvage this but the lack of football skills I watched today says vegas will win again and we will be lucky to win 4 games. But I still hold out hope.

But the mistakes and disgusting tackling of this team is distressing

classicaaron

Reaction score
before preseason i was predicting 3 or 4 wins, i may dial that back to 1 or 2 wins now. they are BAD

Blaze

Reaction score
My bold prediction is after week 9 we'll get to see some SUPER COOL trick plays

GemCity

Reaction score
It is just preseason. So…who knows. I will say that most pro-RW guys such as myself have since relented and jumped on board the PC and JS train. When you’re left with no choice, what else can you do.

I liked the draft too.

I’m hoping they can recreate that magic again. But, I see this as being a very challenging transition that won’t iron itself out for 3-4 years. I do believe that PC is still in a win now mode….DKs signing certified that thought. But realistically, I think management should’ve recognized the situation and made moves for the future in regards to players they could’ve gotten a kings ransom for. Painful to say that…DKs my favorite Seahawk now. Without a mid-level QB (at a minimum), we’re wasting his talents. Ultimately, I’m glad he’s here though.

Funny thing is…how many people were mocked or laughed at in these forums for having an other than praise based opinion on Pete?

To be fair…it’s only preseason. The only thing we can semi-sort of ascertain is that our backups and new guys aren’t nowhere near as good as the two teams we’ve played thus far. That in itself paints a bleak picture.

Last edited:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
I luckily missed this game i guess 😆. I have them right around 5 wins and I dont expect to see more than that honestly. Its a transition year and I'm just excited to see what these young guys can or can't do. Seeing any W at the end of the game will just be a bonus this year. Its a rebuild lets not forget regardless of what anyone says.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Why even care at all though? This team even with Wilson and Wagner was hard-pressed to compete for a play-off opp. Now they are a more relatively younger inexperienced team with a lot of new everything that predictably had the probable potential of playing really ugly football.

If at all as I am pretty reserved right now but like Aros I’m saving any highly critical judgement until the 2nd half of the season to see if/how these guys can grind, grow, galvanized, and gain momentum together.

I also understand that my words also don’t mean a damn thing regardless as if the Seahawks will be the team I want or expect them to be. Good, bad, or historically ugly…I’m along for a ride, save for highly severe or career ending injuries, this team is in a position where they can’t even lose even if all they do is lose. (Yeah, fade that does make me a loser).

By the second half of the season, you’ll be seeing many backups you saw yesterday elevated, with the soon to be ps players neons their backups. Their look did not inspire confidence.

RockinHawks

Reaction score
One thing that stuck out to me was that every time they showed Coach Carroll's face, he looked shocked, and miffed...like someone was stealing his french fries.

I can totally understand him talking positively about Geno in the press conferences, etc., I mean... that's what a good coach does. But to look utterly perplexed by the result of individual plays, especially with rookies and depth players in the game, it just really seems like he has no idea WHY they look so bad.

On the other side, Eberflus looked cool, focused, and was taking bad plays in stride...like it's pre-season, where bad plays are supposed to happen...and then they can be corrected.

Don't get me wrong, I love coach, and I'm appreciative of what he's done for our beloved franchise...but if he's going to continuously preach competition, stick by those words. If he's going to run out vanilla game plans in preseason, don't look so shocked when they get blown up. Don't run a career backup out there and be surprised he isn't making plays.

Carroll's reactions are starting to remind me of my old uncle who used to sh*t his pants, then wonder why he was sitting in a dung pile.

Mase

Reaction score
Preseason, 1993.
Game 3, supposedly the dress rehearsal for the season.
Seahawks annihilate the 49ers 30-0.
Were up 23-0 after the first half. so not a late pile on.

Season Result

Seahawks 6-10
49ers 14-2 and Super Bowl Champs.

THAT was the night/season I learned what preseason means....

jammerhawk

Reaction score
That was truly ugly indeed.

Must say I felt the Bears looked better, they could actually tackle while our D simply whiffed doing so. The D couldn’t stop squat despite frequently being in position to do so. So far the D has been a good deal less than what I’d hoped to see. They looked unprepared. The tackling though has been awful, and was awful in Pitt.as well.

Forget “Geno three and out” even when he threw the ball to the right spot his receivers couldn’t catch it. I’d have rather seen Lock last night without a doubt.

All that negativity stated there were more than a few positives so I’m with Aros that I’ll wait until game 8 or 9 to make a genuine assessment. However, if the year looks like last night the team will be looking at a 4-5 W year and the downers will be crowing.

Sure did feel like Rainger last night though.

Last edited:

Jac

Reaction score
It's like their heads weren't into this at all. For example, the Gabe Jackson hands to the face penalty on the 4th down conversion. There was no need for that. And Justin Coleman stepping back onto the end line on the punt, then smiling about it after. I wasn't feeling his amusement.

Fade

Reaction score
The haters are the ones who wanted to keep Pete and ditch Russ. That is the irony.

With Russ and a new coach like a Nathaniel Hackett type, you could start anew.

Instead the haters won. They got Pete and the QB carousel, it's gonna be like this for years to come.

But the people who didn't want this were branded "haters." It's ironic.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
That was frustrating as games go. I don't think it will get that bad. But just like our stars were out, so were the Bears' stars.

The hard part is that even though we all know 'preseason games don't matter', you know and I know, Pete tries to win these things. He doesn't go all out 1s vs 3s to try to get a win to delude potential ticket-buyers, like the old Detroit Lions. But he tries to win these.

So this kind of failure isn't a great sign.

I am trying to reconcile this coming season between my heart and my head.
At the core, I hate watching the Seahawks lose. I love football. And I love watching my team. But I think/hope that getting a better draft pick is one of the few ways to fix this that we can hope for.

We probably have to lose for that. And we probably will.

I probably still won't like it when it is happening.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
That was frustrating as games go. I don't think it will get that bad. But just like our stars were out, so were the Bears' stars.

We played more starters than the Bears. Our O and D lines played well into the 2nd half, and our LB corps as well.

Don't kid yourself, despite this being a pre-season game there are some SERIOUS red flags with this team.

- penalties
- horrific tackling
- confusion with assignments and gaps
- drops
- bad special teams play (2 or 3 30+ yard returns?)

But most of all, a QB who can't overcome even the smallest setback or adversity series to series. Smith, Lock, it won't matter.....even one holding call or negative play and the series is instantly over.

Yes this team will look slightly better and more competitive with more starters in the game. But not nearly enough to make up for all the things I mentioned above that aren't going away anytime soon, especially the QB play.

Last edited: