I was wrong! You haters were right!

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
There is a change of culture and scheme on both sides of the ball. The defensive players are learning a very new system and assignments, so have not been able to work on the basics such as tackling. On offense, because of quarterback change and coordinator changes #3 caused during his "reign", there is not a comfortable, known system that the players can feel confident returning to. The players are working hard to learn new systems on both sides of the ball.

It is a funny thing that now our veteran players are coming around to support the team and Pete, now that #3 is gone. I wonder if possibly Mr. Unlimited was hard to work with...Maybe his team mates did not really like him. The Seahawks went to great lengths to accommodate him by changing offensive coordinators and even breaking up the Legion Of Boom. Ultimately, he wanted out and got his wish.

There are several .net members that really think that we should have kept #3 vs. Pete. But, Jody, Pete and John are interested in protecting the Seahawks team and business best interests, while Mr. Unlimited is interested in promoting his own career / legacy and ever expanding paycheck. Even with the problems we have seen, I still feel optimistic about this team. I really enjoyed the years of watching our Seahawks with #3 driving...but now, I am glad that he is gone.

Also...My girlfriend keeps mentioning to me, that NFL football is a TV show with highly trained actors. Remember SuperBowl XL?...Is the NFL like the WWE? Especially now that sports gambling is legal, big money might be in play. If that is true, why let your emotions get worked up "Russ fans"? It's all fun...

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
The haters are the ones who wanted to keep Pete and ditch Russ. That is the irony.

With Russ and a new coach like a Nathaniel Hackett type, you could start anew.

Instead the haters won. They got Pete and the QB carousel, it's gonna be like this for years to come.

But the people who didn't want this were branded "haters." It's ironic.
Good thing Geno ain’t write back, tho’. Pete didn’t want to mail it in. The entire team said F anyone else’s expectations other than their own.

However, Wilson and Hackett are a smashing success. Best in the AFC. In the alternate time-line where they are 9-1 if they scored 18 points a game.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
The haters are the ones who wanted to keep Pete and ditch Russ. That is the irony.

With Russ and a new coach like a Nathaniel Hackett type, you could start anew.

Instead the haters won. They got Pete and the QB carousel, it's gonna be like this for years to come.

But the people who didn't want this were branded "haters." It's ironic.
You could not have been any more wrong.

Admit it.

OP
OP
Rainger

Rainger

Reaction score
If you are talking about my post yea that was pre season frustration, however I was always calling 8 or more wins for the season, put I posted that in a fit of rage after 1 of the pre season games.

Yea I was wrong on that post but if you look at all my other posts since round 1 I have voted always in the 9 or more wins and been a strong supporter of the improvement in the team.

But I admit that was a stupid post in a fit of frustration from a Pre season game where the tackling was atrocious.

It was posted after the Chicago game. Yes I have been around long enough to know pre season games mean nothing but go back and re watch that game. Omg I was so distraught after I had been saying they would win 8 or more games prior to watching that.

Last edited:

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
If you are talking about my post yea that was pre season frustration, however I was always calling 8 or more wins for the season, put I posted that in a fit of rage after 1 of the pre season games.

Yea I was wrong on that post but if you look at all my other posts since round 1 I have voted always in the 9 or more wins and been a strong supporter of the improvement in the team.

But I admit that was a stupid post in a fit of frustration from a Pre season game where the tackling was atrocious.

It was posted after the Chicago game. Yes I have been around long enough to know pre seasoneand nothing but go back and te watch that game. Omg I was distraught after I had been saying they would win 8 or more games prior to watching that.
You’re good, man. There is a big difference between a knee jerk reaction versus years of stacking on a negatively charged agenda.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
Since this is a bumped thread with an accidental bait and switch title, I'll hop in. Cause it's fun and I want to eat some crow.

I will admit I was 100% wrong for years in regards to Russell Wilson, his abilities/football IQ, and what PC/JS has done to support him and build around him. I was someone who cried on social media about the org's inability to build around Russ, specifically an elite offensive line, since he was identified in his rookie year as a franchise QB. I think the WR and RB groups, outside of some stretches in the RB group, have been points of strengths on Seahawks rosters dating back to 2011/12. What I never expected to see after half a season of Russ in Denver and Geno at the Hawks helm was an almost complete reversal in our offense's strengths and weaknesses.

It seems that for possibly years Russ has been disregarding the system, play calls, rhythm/timing, and situational awareness of the offenses he operates in. It's actually a bit crazy to me to watch someone who was known for just going for the deep ball rather than picking up yardage on a 3rd down, after the team has been starved of 1st of downs for 2+ quarters, was just doing it because his ultra self-righteous ego just kept telling him to go for it.

He's been an abject failure in Denver this year, and he's barely shown any flashes of humbleness. Dude's performative to his core, which a lot of people I think gave pass for as some type of PR robot facade, and I do admit it was pretty funny the first few years as we all meme'd on it. But it continues... to this day. Outside of some pathetic fade away 'BRONCOS country, let's ride,' dude's just continued being a weirdo egomaniac, doing high knees, annoying adults (teammates) on a flight to Europe, blowing smoke up the ass of pretty much every media spot he does. Meanwhile, we've got Pete Carrol saying mans resisted wearing a wrist band -- after years and years of us watching that offense barely get to the line and get a play off, in virtually any type of scenario involving getting the team huddled/to the line, calling a play, making pre-snap adjustments and getting the play off. Football coaches and former players every where died a little when they watched the Seahawks waste time outs that bit them in the ass at the end of the game because Mr. Unlimited couldn't get a play off before the play clock dropped to 00.

This year has totally turned my opinion of Pete and John on it's head. I think it's been clear for quite some time the Hawk's drafts have been relatively unconventional and PC/JS made hay anyway, but I think what we're seeing this year is that they have a very real idea of how to build a roster, and they've been hampered for years by someone who just refused to run an NFL offense how it should be run. Holmgren would have benched this dude without blinking because he refused to play within the offense as it was designed.

I went into this season with zero expectations because I thought this team was lost without Russ, along with a lot of others. After the bye week, if this team gets HFA and stays healthy, I truly believe they'll be making a deep playoff run. Then we get a top 10, minimum, draft pick from the Donks and we get to do it all again next year.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wilson was the highest graded QB in the NFL per PFF before his injury. The Seahawks still had a losing record in spite of this fact.

He came back too soon, and played bad for several games. But by the end of the year he was playing great once again. He was not the problem with the Seahawks, and anyone who thinks that, well... your getting what you wanted, enjoy. 😉
I can't take all the credit for me being right, and you being wrong about Wilson supposedly NOT being 'THE PROBLEM', it's just that some people who fancy themselves as being ahead of the Pack in the wisdom department, and well, s#!t goes awry and then it dawns on them that it was THEY who were the ones that's been Blowing Smoke all along.
I'm not going to smug, nor smirk-up on the Russell Wilson vs. Pete Carroll matter, going to instead, let my humble self, take the high road in this worn-out debate.

GemCity

Reaction score
No one gets it right every time. An NFL team signed Russ to a quarter billion dollar contract. Why do we think, as fans, it’s crazy to question the move at the time?

I’m not going back and pulling up posts but one of the times I was “right” about drafting some dude named LJ Collier, another guy (Russ critic) is saying LJs a stud and I have no idea about just how good he’ll be playing in the NFL.

Pete’s doing a great job this year but, not everything is on RWs shoulders. There’s vivid moments where we’ve done some boneheaded stuff…running into a stacked box 13 times in a WildCard game against what was arguably the best run D in the league, the “pass”, trading Unger, etc…

Blane Russ all you want but, the coach has ultimate responsibility.

It’s apparent that we’re back on the right track. Pete and JS tore it up this year. Looks like they’re back in their bag!

BASF

Reaction score
No one gets it right every time. An NFL team signed Russ to a quarter billion dollar contract. Why do we think, as fans, it’s crazy to question the move at the time?

I’m not going back and pulling up posts but one of the times I was “right” about drafting some dude named LJ Collier, another guy (Russ critic) is saying LJs a stud and I have no idea about just how good he’ll be playing in the NFL.

Pete’s doing a great job this year but, not everything is on RWs shoulders. There’s vivid moments where we’ve done some boneheaded stuff…running into a stacked box 13 times in a WildCard game against what was arguably the best run D in the league, the “pass”, trading Unger, etc…

Blane Russ all you want but, the coach has ultimate responsibility.

It’s apparent that we’re back on the right track. Pete and JS tore it up this year. Looks like they’re back in their bag!
I have always believed that Russ was lobbying for a new weapon and complaining about his protection in house, which precipitated that move.

GemCity

Reaction score
I have always believed that Russ was lobbying for a new weapon and complaining about his protection in house, which precipitated that move.
I’m sure he was. Everything that folks have been complaining about have shown as being true imo. It’s happening in another organization now.

But, it’s still on management.

I’m not trying to redirect the heat from RW. Just saying…he didn’t have ultimate authority.

Latest posts