HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

chris98251

Reaction score
Dominos are starting to fall, Harbaugh gone, Belichick seems to have difficulties with Atlanta's offer, but we all know that could be a smoke screen, Pierce hired in LV, I think teams will start pulling the trigger to get their preferred guy going forward now that Harbaugh is done. Tepper is aggressive so I think Panthers are the next announcement.

flv2

Reaction score
Vrabel & Arthur Smith could be a package deal.
Arthur Smith might have been an OC candidate for Carroll had he stayed. Vrabel would be a satisfactory but not ideal choice for HC. The Seahawks need a reboot and rebrand. Vrabel & Smith would be a car wash rather than a change of car.

Maybe people want the 2019 Titans as a blueprint?

chris98251

Reaction score
Yep, if so next one up will be Washington I think, Atlanta and us are going to bring up the rear.

James in PA

Reaction score
Belichick needs to sign with Atlanta. That's the one that makes me nervous and I want that opening filled. I don't want anymore competition for MacDonald or Johnson.

Ostatehawk

Reaction score
Moore is overrated as an OC. He's more of a name at this point. Dak had his best year without him. Dallas was better as a whole without him this year. He'd be a downgrade from Waldron imo. It's a lateral move at best.

I just don't see the upside with Quinn as the guy. His record in Atlanta without Shanahan as his OC wasn't good. His defenses were near the bottom of the league statistically.

Dallas is stacked with talent on both sides of the ball. Easily a top 3 roster in the NFL. Yet they underachieved. His defense underperformed against good teams. They were awful defending the run. Sound familiar?

This team often played undisciplined & was too predictable under Carroll. Dan Quinn as the head coach will not solve that. He is not the solution.
The seahawks put up 30 plus points against Quinn's D. That should scare JS.

Look - Ill root for whatever coach JS selects to be successful - but reserve the right to bitch about it up until one is actually hired. And then to bitch about said hire endlessly if we don't immediately become a Superbowl favorite.

This is the .net Way

Sonichound16

Reaction score
I haven't ever really paid much attention to the head coaching search in past years for obvious reasons but it seems kinda broken. If you are a team holding out for a coach from one of the remaining playoff teams you could really get screwed if they guy you are targeting stays put or picks another team. It's either take that chance or pull the trigger early to make sure you get someone, even if it may not be who you really want. Also seems like it screws the coaches on those teams who are missing out on opportunities as they are getting filled.