HC Interview tracker (Quinn, Frank Smith, Evero, etc.)

Ozzy

Reaction score
I’ve warmed up on Evero. Not saying he’s my choice but he would be an easy guy to root for.

Germanhawk7

Reaction score
To summarize the whole thing.
Both teams Washington + Seattle have their eyes on Ben Johnson and Mike MacDonald respectively, if that wasn't the case they would have already announced a head coach.

Washington situation:
Already first interview with both, so even if the Lions and Ravens go to the Superbowl, Washington can interview both a second time between the Championship and Super Bowl
Therefore, I am 100% sure that Washington will announce their head coach within the next week.

Seattle situation:
A first interview with Ben Johnson only, so they can do a second interview after the Championship Game regardless of whether the Lions lose or win.
Mike Macdonald MUST be eliminated today with the Ravens in order for Seattle to request a first interview with him, otherwise they will have to wait until after the Super Bowl.

There are two scenarios: (No. 1 would be good and No. 2 would be an absolute nightmare)
1. Ben Johnson wants to go to the Seahawks and the Seahawks want him, so the search could be over in a couple days and we can announce him.
2. Ben Johnson goes to the Commanders and the Ravens go to the Super Bowl. That would mean Seattle would have to wait until Feb. 12 to talk to MacDonald and my concern here is that Seattle won't do that and would rather hire their No. 2 head coach. Quinn, Kafka, Graham or Evero because otherwise the time for the staff and co. will eventually become too short.

I have zero interest for a Swifty Superbowl but for our HC search it would be the best... :sick:

bigcc

Reaction score
Both teams Washington + Seattle have their eyes on Ben Johnson and Mike MacDonald respectively, if that wasn't the case they would have already announced a head coach.

Washington situation:
Already first interview with both, so even if the Lions and Ravens go to the Superbowl, Washington can interview both a second time between the Championship and Super Bowl
Therefore, I am 100% sure that Washington will announce their head coach within the next week.

Seattle situation:
A first interview with Ben Johnson only, so they can do a second interview after the Championship Game regardless of whether the Lions lose or win.
Mike Macdonald MUST be eliminated today with the Ravens in order for Seattle to request a first interview with him, otherwise they will have to wait until after the Super Bowl.

There are two scenarios: (No. 1 would be good and No. 2 would be an absolute nightmare)
1. Ben Johnson wants to go to the Seahawks and the Seahawks want him, so the search could be over in a couple days and we can announce him.
2. Ben Johnson goes to the Commanders and the Ravens go to the Super Bowl. That would mean Seattle would have to wait until Feb. 12 to talk to MacDonald and my concern here is that Seattle won't do that and would rather hire their No. 2 head coach. Quinn, Kafka, Graham or Evero because otherwise the time for the staff and co. will eventually become too short.

I have zero interest for a Swifty Superbowl but for our HC search it would be the best... :sick:
.... You don't think they'd wait two weeks? Lol

The combine isn't until the 27 so you'd like it to be done by then so that the coach can communicate with Schneider during it.

Other than that there's literally no reason to rush, we're competing with one other team for two great HC options

Last edited:

12AngryHawks

Reaction score

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Washington situation:

Seattle situation:

It’s all good. By my calculations, the Seahawks don’t have a game for about 8 months. Everyone calm down. They essentially have their pick from a list of seemingly really good candidates.

The only ones that need to be stewing in their own juices are the guys on the list who haven’t gotten a head coaching position. Maybe 8-10 viable prospects vying for two jobs?!

The way this is playing out, it’s almost like they had the 8th (based on number of openings) pick in the first round of the draft and their top 5-6 guys are still on the board with maybe one other pick to go before it’s their choice.

Right after the separation from Pete I don’t think anyone could have scripted a better process for choosing the next HC. The options are plentiful.

flv2

Reaction score
1 issue with waiting until after the Super Bowl to interview Macdonald would be the contract situation with Smith. The Seahawks effectively have an option on Smith that they must either pick up the guarantees or release him within 5 days of the Super Bowl. Macdonald might have a very strong view about Smith, (either way), or he maybe totally ambivalent.

Last edited:

therealjohncarlson

Reaction score
1 issue with waiting until after the Super Bowl to interview Macdonald would be the contract situation with Smith. The Seahawks effectively have an option on Smith that they must either pick up the guarantees or release him within 5 days of the Super Bowl. Macdonald might have a very strong view about Smith, (either way), or he maybe totally ambivalent.
Well Schneider could always cut him

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I think the waiting game has worked out perfectly for Seattle. I just wish the NFL would simply adopt a rule that NO interviews are allowed for ANYBODY until after the Superbowl.

Latest posts