Greg Gaines

Kingdome3

Reaction score
Does anyone know if former UW standout DT Greg Gaines who I read was released by the Lambs would fit what our Seahawks are looking to do with our D-Line???

GoSEAHAWKS

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Have no idea, but thought this video was pretty neat.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Is he long enough to play 5-tech? Reed is perfect because he can do both 0/1 and 5. They could use another for sure.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Would love to see the Hawks add Gaines... but the piggy bank must be close to empty after signing Geno, Dre'Mont Jones, Julian Love, Jarren Reed, Evan Brown, Devin Bush, Phil Haynes, Drew Lock, and Jason Myers.

I have the sense that something is going to happen between Jamal Adams and/or Quandre Diggs. Combined their 2023 cap space is $36M, iirc.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
He fits the scheme and has experience, however, he’s not the traditional hawk physical profile.

Would have potential as a post draft filler if they don’t land DL in the draft. I think they’ve got their hedge already in Reed.

OP
OP
K

Kingdome3

Reaction score
Thanks for all your thoughts on my Greg Gaines question. Now he is back to being teammates with UW stud Vita Vea!!!

GoSEAHAWKS!!!

olyfan63

Reaction score
My thoughts exactly. And he'd be a bit on the older side, but sure, bring him in and work him out. By age 50-something, he may have gained enough weight for the position switch from Linebacker to Nose Tackle. If anyone can make this reclamation project work, it's Pete Carroll!

P.S. I thought Gaines was from Tennessee, not Washington?