Geno wears a wristband. Russ never did...

toffee

Reaction score
Schizo thread. Russ had a few MVP-like seasons without a wristband.
Just how many MVP votes did Russ received in those MVP like seasons without a wristband? Every year, 50 sports writers and broadcasters vote for MVP, 10 season, that was 500 vote receiving opportunities. How many has Russ received? Wouldn't that sort of indicate room for improvements? If a wristband could lead to improvements, why would you resist that? Tell me, what HARM will wearing a wristband do?

toffee

Reaction score
The mobile qb to pocket passer transition is no sure thing. Kaepernick failed. So does Kyler when he tries to pull that.
Quite sure Wilson do not consider Kaep or Kyler to be in his class, those were a few levels below him.

hawks85

Reaction score
Where Russ again implies Pete Carroll is a pos. He won plenty of games in Seattle without 1, says mr unlimited.

Wilson is such a POS. Yeah, you won us a lot of games but you also cost us a SB, and the SB we did win was because of the LOB not you.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Manning, Brady,Rodgers etc all must not care about winning either since they don't wear one. The nerve.

Some of the stuff said in this thread is wild lol
This is stupid as stupid as russsells presser comment.. are you John?

Even Russell’s dumbass uses a wristband. And everyone you mentioned and plus extras you

Attachments

• D5ABD19A-9225-4BA2-BC1C-FF3E63B28CB6.jpeg
    D5ABD19A-9225-4BA2-BC1C-FF3E63B28CB6.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 9E4869C0-CC4C-4201-9FCD-015A7AD558A0.jpeg
    9E4869C0-CC4C-4201-9FCD-015A7AD558A0.jpeg
    96.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 90DD8B97-3284-4B86-B97B-45150F1B7F0B.jpeg
    90DD8B97-3284-4B86-B97B-45150F1B7F0B.jpeg
    66.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DBF7C0A9-B41A-4E09-9D37-24F59E978ACB.jpeg
    DBF7C0A9-B41A-4E09-9D37-24F59E978ACB.jpeg
    85.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 4A8693D5-9581-4704-AB0C-D31F8FEB871F.jpeg
    4A8693D5-9581-4704-AB0C-D31F8FEB871F.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 98C09DA8-5D78-479E-9E74-71B736167564.jpeg
    98C09DA8-5D78-479E-9E74-71B736167564.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1ADA277F-984E-40D5-AB77-A5ACB0BFA4CD.jpeg
    1ADA277F-984E-40D5-AB77-A5ACB0BFA4CD.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 9

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think the bigger thing is the picture that is coming out about RW. The Seahawks are no longer protecting him and he is trying to protect his well crafted image from his Seattle days.

The picture that is emerging is that RW is a diva.

Ozzy

Reaction score

Even Russell’s dumbass uses a wristband. And everyone you mentioned and plus extras you
😂 those guys don’t always wear one. So yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. You really took the time to Google quarterbacks and wrist bands? You good?

Crizilla

Reaction score
Just how many MVP votes did Russ received in those MVP like seasons without a wristband? Every year, 50 sports writers and broadcasters vote for MVP, 10 season, that was 500 vote receiving opportunities. How many has Russ received? Wouldn't that sort of indicate room for improvements? If a wristband could lead to improvements, why would you resist that? Tell me, what HARM will wearing a wristband do?
Never said it would do harm. If he gets better with a wristband more power to him.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score

Russ wears a wristband at Denver already? Why not just say that Russ, instead of getting all suave About Pete?

BlueTalon

Reaction score
Funny. I remember when Russ said he went to Denver because he wanted to go to a team that knew how to win, people here were decidedly non-plussed by that... and then seemingly half the NFL accused us of being sensitive, that Wilson wasn't insulting the Seahawks, he was just praising the Broncos. :rolleyes:

NOW, Pete & Waldron mention that Geno wears a wristband, and suddenly Pete is making negative assertions about Russ not wearing one. Again, :rolleyes:

HawkStrong

Reaction score
😂 those guys don’t always wear one. So yeah this whole thing is ridiculous. You really took the time to Google quarterbacks and wrist bands? You good?

I mean he just shot your post down pretty easily with a simple Google search that probably took all of 15 seconds. At least I assume most of us can use a search engine pretty efficiently these days, but maybe not? How long does it normally take you to do a Google image search?

eo620

Reaction score
I don't care if Russ did or did not wear a watch either. Screw him. He's gone!

Ozzy

Reaction score
I mean he just shot your post down pretty easily with a simple Google search that probably took all of 15 seconds. At least I assume most of us can use a search engine pretty efficiently these days, but maybe not? How long does it normally take you to do a Google image search?
this is awkward…. weird I can Google the same guys and find multiple pics of them not wearing one. Think maybe it’s dependent on getting a new system or coaching staff and that’s why Russ wears one now but in year 7 he probably felt like he didn’t need it? you’re so obsessed with me that you jump at the chance to argue and end up looking goofy. Go to bed.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
this is awkward…. weird I can Google the same guys and find multiple pics of them not wearing one. Think maybe it’s dependent on getting a new system or coaching staff and that’s why Russ wears one now but in year 7 he probably felt like he didn’t need it?

You are speculating while providing absolutely no evidence. What we do know is Pete all but laid the blame at Russ' feet for not wearing one.

Ultimately you were trying to take a shot at @JPatera76 for actually backing up a statement with evidence. Not cool, and not the type environment we should be fostering on these boards.

you’re so obsessed with me that you jump at the chance to argue and end up looking goofy. Go to bed.

Not going to go there with you because it's not appropriate for the main forum. We should stick to the topic at hand instead. I will remind you to attack the post and not the poster. If you want to engage in discussion while disagreeing feel free, but keep this personal stuff to PM. Or just keep it to yourself.

chris98251

Reaction score
My point is if he routinely missed as many times as you guys said he did he wouldn’t have put up historical numbers. That’s the point, it’s not this extreme everyone is making it out to be. I seriously doubt geno continues to put up numbers close to what Wilson did over a longer sample size but would love to see it. Russ was really ******* good with a couple of blind spots that at times cogged the offense. He also bailed out a terrible offense with his routine explosive plays that maybe 1-2 guys in the league could do. I enjoyed his time here and don’t need to convince everyone he was trash and I’m enjoying watching Geno play his ass off too.
So all those three and outs from 5 minutes after the game starts till 4 minutes till it ends only to be bailed out by Baldwin, Rice, Tate, Kearse and the occasional desperate throw to a TE were by design ?

We always seemed to start strong and then go away from what worked and not go back to it.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
My point is if he routinely missed as many times as you guys said he did he wouldn’t have put up historical numbers. That’s the point, it’s not this extreme everyone is making it out to be. I seriously doubt geno continues to put up numbers close to what Wilson did over a longer sample size but would love to see it. Russ was really ******* good with a couple of blind spots that at times cogged the offense. He also bailed out a terrible offense with his routine explosive plays that maybe 1-2 guys in the league could do. I enjoyed his time here and don’t need to convince everyone he was trash and I’m enjoying watching Geno play his ass off too.
You should watch the all-22 critique from folks like Kurt Warner and others. Wilson was missing a lot of open receivers, Wilson was missing some basic reads and getting fooled by defenses, he wasn’t taking what was given to him.

How was he able to put up good numbers? Simple, Wilson is a unique talent. His talent allowed him to get away with things that would get people killed.

It isn’t just about his mobility either. In his prime he could launch the ball with piss poor mechanics from wonky positions and deliver a perfect 80 yard strike on the move. That’s something the likes of Peyton and Brady have never been able to do.

Wilson wasn’t a complete dolt either, he knew how to take care of the ball. His issue is he didn’t understand his role, or his own skillset. His lack of self awareness has held him back.

I’m short, Wilson had a rare set of skills that allowed him to transcend his limitations as a passer. He was immensely talented and it was no mistake that Wilson dominated the pro bowl skills competition routinely. Wilson’s arm, deep and intermediate accuracy and scrambling ability was in all time great territory.

Unfortunately, Father Time came knocking and took away one of his greatest attributes, his mobility. When that happened he was never the same guy.

He could no longer compensate for poor field vision or misreading defenses by putting on his mad scrambler routine. He could no longer mask his poor presnap recognition.

I will always remember the good memories that Russ brought us — but it’s clear he also brought the franchise many headaches. I suspect that Carroll and Schneider were just biding their time. Waiting for the right opportunity to get rid of him. It’s clear that Pete is pretty bitter about everything from the jabs he’s taken at him in the press. This is highly a-typical for Pete. I suspect there is even more to the story that we don’t know.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Are we really making a big deal about who wears a wristband and who doesnt? Maybe the QB's that wear wristbands are to dumb to memorize the plays. It all just seems petty to me.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yes, they are. And next week it will be something else. Like what kind of Jeans he wears. Or his choice of breakfast food.

It's so tired and old. But then again, it's not going away, so it's a big meh burger. The dude is gone, and it's a very good thing. People can choose to move on or not, whatever works. It's still pretty entertaining to read some of the comments though. The league has a ton of guys who don't wear wrist bands. BFD.
Meanwhile, this teams is 6-3 and in first place. MUCH more important.
Pete, Geno and this team is locked in and on the rise. Enjoy the ride.