Geno wears a wristband. Russ never did...

HawkStrong

Reaction score
And I know most will disagree because any criticism of Pete is heretical but I'm not a fan of doing this regardless of how anyone feels about Russ. It makes his whole mantra and push for it seem phony. I am hard on Pete at times but the one thing I really loved about him was this type of stuff and the environment he built and preached. It seems odd he's breaking it for this. Not a fan.

Not sure what this vague statement has to do with anything. Pete was asked a question, he answered.

Everyone other than Hawkstrong and someone else I can't remember apparently knows that wristbands are sometimes worn by almost everyone and often not worn by the same players depending on situations, where they are playing, crowd noise, are they learning or in a new offense etc.

I never said anything different, I was only ever referring to what Pete was quoted as saying in relation to what we had seen here with Russ in the past. That's on you if you built up some false narrative in your head.

This conversation was always dumb and petty.

Again, that's on you and how you approached the conversation. You get out what you put in.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Nathaniel Hackett takes credit for Russ now wearing a wristband.

Nice that Russ is gonna play along now for his new owner, I guess.

toffee

Reaction score

Such a HUGE compromise and concession from Russ to wear wristband that Hackett need to have a presser just to announce it.

Last edited:

Ozzy

Reaction score
But they actually have.. and do on occasion depending on the situation................
yeah I already said that multiple times. I was laughing about googling pics showing them wearing one. As I said above its situationally dependent. Home/away, new offense, new coaches etc.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Not sure what this vague statement has to do with anything. Pete was asked a question, he answered.

I never said anything different, I was only ever referring to what Pete was quoted as saying in relation to what we had seen here with Russ in the past. That's on you if you built up some false narrative in your head.

Again, that's on you and how you approached the conversation. You get out what you put in.
No its on you claiming to be a google expert and thinking that was a slam dunk win with a quick search of those guys wearing them. Anyone who knows football knows its situationally dependent. You again look goofy because you're too quick to "get me" It gets old but whatever do what you gotta do.

Bottom line they all wear them at times and don't wear them at times. We all( or almost all) know this.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
No its on you claiming to be a google expert and thinking that was a slam dunk win with a quick search of those guys wearing them.

No, I simply pointed out that @JPatera76 actually was backing up his statement with evidence. You mocked him for taking the time to Google something, which isn't cool.

Anyone who knows football knows its situationally dependent. You again look goofy because you're too quick to "get me" It gets old but whatever do what you gotta do.

For the millionth time, I never said it wasn't. I have ONLY commented on Pete's quote. You have been speculating non-stop about who does what and when. No one is "out to get you". You came into the thread with your aggressive rhetoric while attempting to call everyone else out. You need to tone it down or take a break from the boards.

Bottom line they all wear them at times and don't wear them at times. We all( or almost all) know this.

Awesome, no one cares. What people were discussing (before you came in here to derail the whole thing) was Pete's quote about Russell resisting wearing a wristband. If you care to get back on topic, we can continue the discussion. If not, please take your personal complaints to PM.

Ozzy

Reaction score
That’s got to burn his toast how Waldron’s offense is killing it with put Him.
He won't admit it but I'm sure it does. Sadly I think Russ would of been fine in this new system but he thought it would be better somewhere else....he regrets it now I'm sure.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Alright this bickering ends here and now. If you guys want to beef with each other take it up in PMs not here in the main forum. If it keeps up temporary vacations will be given.

rcaido

Reaction score
Another hit piece? Here you guys go.

RussellWilson

Russell wilson postgame

Wilson, in his 10 years had a top 10 offense almost every year except 2 i think.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Another hit piece? Here you guys go.

View attachment 55661

View attachment 55662

Wilson, in his 10 years had a top 10 offense almost every year except 2 i think.

I think a lot of people missed the context of Pete's quote. He was specifically talking about last year in Waldron's offense. Now, I don't have eidetic memory, so Russ may have worn one at some point last year -- but Pete seems pretty clear on this point.

chrispy

Reaction score
I don't think Pete was purposefully undermining RCW. That's just not his thing.

I think Pete (or someone else: OLine, D, OCoord...) has been blamed for so many issues that stemmed from RCW that he's just protecting the team. Pete knew there would potentially be fallout from Team3 if he didn't add "there was resistance in the past". Someone in the media would/could have attributed blame to the Seahawks saying RCW wore wristbands previously but Waldron or Schotty or Pete or the Center or Jody Allen or... didn't like them so he stopped wearing it to be a team player. Someone was holding RCW back.

We know those type of messages have been circulated in the past. Pete kept quiet to protect the team and RCW was part of the team. He's not anymore so Pete's allegiance has to prioritize current Seahawks. It wasn't accusatory. It was protective.

toffee

Reaction score

More like Pete did Hackett a favor, he forced, publicly, Russ's hands, oooops wrist. Without Pete going public, Russell Wilson WILL NOT WEAR THAT DAMN WRISTBAND, no matter how hard Hackett licks his toes.

toffee

Reaction score
He won't admit it but I'm sure it does. Sadly I think Russ would of been fine in this new system but he thought it would be better somewhere else....he regrets it now I'm sure.
I respectfully disagree, Russell Wilson HAD his chance under Waldron, but he didn't excel. Looking from outside, one could only conclude that he wasn't going to do certain things that Waldron wants, he resisted Waldron's plays, resisted Waldron's request to wear a wristband, Rusell Wilson only want to play the way he likes, i.e. plays that will made highlight wheels, or plays that will advance his chance of MVP.

NO, Russell Wilson will not rock this season even if he stay in Seattle and play under Waldron. Waldron's system CAME ALIVE the second Geno Smith took over on Hawks 2 yard line against the Rams, boys marched down the field for 98 yards and a touch down, in those 98 yards, we saw Waldron's system that we didn't see under Wilson.

Sorry, I do not agree with you.

Hawkpower

Reaction score

Why would he magically have improved this year after being awful last year?

Wilson is now terrible in yet another system/coordinator in Denver

Its not the system or the coordinator that has been his problem year after year after year after year....

Its Russ

Ozzy

Reaction score
That's fair but he was hurt and it was Waldron's first year. I think in year two with Russ healthy they figure it out and he plays like he did for 95% of the time he was here.
Why would he magically have improved this year after being awful last year?

Wilson is now terrible in yet another system/coordinator in Denver

Its not the system or the coordinator that has been his problem year after year after year after year....

Its Russ
yeah he was hurt and played decently late in the year, I’ll take 9 years of success over a shirt stint with a new offensive system and OC.