Geno Isn't the Guy. Sad to Say (Main)

morgulon1

Reaction score
18th yards
22nd Completion percentage
21st TDs
24th Passer Rating

They were 1 for 12 on 3rd downs and i think they only went to the redzone once this game. Last i remember he was dead last on those two, so doubt this helps his stats. Im sure his turn over worthy plays went up to.

So Geno is looking like a top 21 QB now. He was top 7, then top 10, top 12, top 15....Yikes it keeps going up every week.
Do I sense a schadenfreude type joy in your response Rcaido? We all know how much you love that one guy 💕 that plays for another team now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Geno is obviously not a difference making QB, but in a perfect world realistically who would be our QB via trade, free agency, or draft?
I don't think he's going anywhere this season . If that's what you're talking about. Pete Carroll is going to ride and die with #7.

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
JS / FRONT OFFICE

Geno is getting cut regardless.
If he does he does its still the team we're gonna root for. There's still nothing you can do about it but root for someone else. There's nobody else's opinion that's gonna be more correct than yours until it is.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
We will only be as good as our defense cause geno is our qb

I agree.

Here's the problem. The coaching isn't up to snuff on that side of the ball.

They will underachieve. They have the talent to comfortably be top 10 on defense with all of the investment. But their gameplans and adjustments have been underwhelming mostly.

I loved the adjustments they made against Joe Burrow after 2 series.
I loved the gameplan against the Giants.

That's the list. The defensive staff has been underwhelming. And the defense is underachieving.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
If he does he does its still the team we're gonna root for. There's still nothing you can do about it but root for someone else. There's nobody else's opinion that's gonna be more correct than yours until it is.
Grow up.

I want the Seahawks to be a competitive team. Not a pretending team.

If you can't handle the reality of today's events that is a "you" problem.

Offer up something of substance or kick rocks.

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
JS / FRONT OFFICE

Geno is getting cut regardless.
Lol you have anger issues. Nobody in this world has been perfect every year year for the 17 times you get to see them. If your boss based your whole year off of 1/17 of your yearly progress on what kind of an employee you are, and picked the worse day of those 17 times, you think you could hold down a job? Or do people get to have a bad day. This was really a team loss. Coaches on down. There were plenty of screenshots of guys doubting themselves. Happens every day in every profession. But doesn't mean they didn't do their best. Would hate to see the seahawks fire their shittiest fans every week because they had a bad week and these people lost trust in who they are. Either way I appreciate your opinion.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
LOL. I'm not a tough guy, I just am not a fan of the habit of most humans throwing out easy predictions when there's no cost to them.....which is largely why they do it. :) Do you have Venmo? If so (or if you're willing to sign up), then you're on. We can also wager the more valuable of the only two things ever worth wagering on if you're interested, by the way. (Dignity and money being the only two worthy options.) Let me know.

Also for the record, I think we have at least a 70% chance to win the next two. I'm not agreeing to the wager because I think it's more likely to lose, I'm doing it to get someone, somewhere in this whole damn world, to put their money where their mouth is. :ROFLMAO:
Not a fan of calling someone out for making easy predictions and then backing down when the dude is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Besides, it's a discussion forum. What else is Breda supposed to do? Isn't making predictions part of what constitutes a discussion?

707HAWKfan

Reaction score
Grow up.

I want the Seahawks to be a competitive team. Not a pretending team.

If you can't handle the reality of today's events that is a "you" problem.

Offer up something of substance or kick rocks.
Lol. Very grown up sir. The fact that the seahawks weren't competitive today wasn't and never will be my problem. If them losing today causes you to react towards people the way you do you some self reflecting to do.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Not a fan of calling someone out for making easy predictions and then backing down when the dude is willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Besides, it's a discussion forum. What else is Breda supposed to do? Isn't making predictions part of what constitutes a discussion?
Wait, what? You think I'm backing out? Did you somehow not see my reply shortly after his, accepting the bet? Bro.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
Wait, what? You think I'm backing out? Did you somehow not see my reply shortly after his, accepting the bet? Bro.
Whoops. Didn't see that. I'm on a cocktail of three different medications for a pretty gnarly head cold so I've been a bit woozy and foggy.

knownone

Reaction score
You don't need to see the numbers.

You just said you still feel the same about him after this game, remember?
You quoted an old post, and I responded within the context of that post.

Yes. I do feel the same about Geno. And yes, that might change in the presence of more data. Lol.

LTH

Reaction score
Pete coddles his QBs and they can do no wrong. Very unhealthy.
They should fire Pete immediately!!! Bastard!!! Who does he think he is for GODs sake!!! He is just a CODDLER!!! That's all he is!! VERY UNHEALTHY... very, very unhealthy! My goodness it's amazing this is ALLOWED to continue! It's all JODI's fault!!! It's a conspiracy against SEATTLE!!! BURN DOWN Lumen field turn it into a GAWD DAMN PARKING LOT!!!!!! YES!! WHO IS FLIPPING WITH ME ON THIS!!!! LMFAO!!!!

LTH

knownone

Reaction score
On a positive note, we* are done playing possibly historic defenses. How historic? Cleveland and Baltimore are on pace to be the best defenses in DVOA in the past five years (that's as far back as I could find). And better yet, both are on pace to surpass the 2013 Seahawks in passing EPA.

Unfortunately, that makes long-term projections about the state of our* offense difficult.

*A figure of speech used to represent the Seahawks and their fans.

LTH

Reaction score
More on what is happening with Geno…

Opponents are stacking the box on 1st and 2nd down, taking away the run--daring Geno to beat them. He can't.

Then you get to 3rd and long, and well… It's 3rd and long, every QB is screwed put in that situation consistently.

The main issue on the team stems from Geno being a liabilty and opponents over time have now figured out how to exploit it.

Some will blame other components for the failure. But Geno is the centerpiece of their problems.
Dude if you can't run the ball against the Ravens their D front will destroy you. To have any success against this team you have to control the LOS and the Hawks didn't do that. That is why they lost this game that and TOP, 3rd down %, also stopping the run on D.

LTH

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
You quoted an old post, and I responded within the context of that post.

Yes. I do feel the same about Geno. And yes, that might change in the presence of more data. Lol.
The dude's a turnover machine, and you want to see the numbers. LOL.

I'll save you the trouble. The numbers have been trash for 4 games.

239 yards per game
62.3% completion percentage
89.1 rating
4 TD
6 INT
2 fumbles

3 year, $105M