24 TDs
10 INTs
96.6 Passer Rating

329 yards rushing w/6.53 avg. 2 TDs

(Inferior Unit Around Him)

You forgot the most important stat

Wilson: 22M salary 107M dead cap
Smith: 10M salary 27M dead cap

Now you know why Wilson has inferior talent around him and Geno has superior talent.

LTH

Reaction score
Unbelievable...you just hate Carroll or what? LOL...you should just make a post about how you can statistically butcher the game OF FOOTBALL to the point of the decimation of any type of reasonable thought... you represent the complete and total misunderstanding of the game to the degree that boggles my mind. Where do you actually come up with this crap?

Just this season... right off the bat, you were on Hurtt and how he should be fired because of his misuse of great talent, completely and totally missing the fact that pieces of the secondary were missing which was why the Hawks were playing soft zones. You were wrong about that.

Your wrong about Geno Smith as you just need something to decimate. Insert negativity HERE.

Your complete misunderstanding of the way the Seahawks draft players

Your wrong about Russ... your wrong about Pete Carroll, your wrong about John Schneider your wrong about Jodi Allen.

But you did create a thread that created what 37 pages? Something like that?

Maybe you should write a book about how to totally be wrong about a football team. You would probably make a sh!t ton of money. LMAO!!

LTH

knownone

Reaction score
What happens if you don't restrict the sample size to 12 games? And instead, compare Geno and Russ from the point of the trade using relative value and production. Oh, right, Geno's better in every meaningful category.

warden

Reaction score

Now you know why Wilson has inferior talent around him and Geno has superior talent.
Also forgot anther important stat. Since the beginning of last year, Wilson has seven wins while Geno has 14 wins

Yxes1122

Reaction score
Geno Smith's Last 12 Games

65.68%
6.43 AY/A
17 TDs
11 INTs
87.9 Passer Rating

172 yards rushing w/4.78 avg. 0 TDs

(Superior Unit Around Him)

"Washed Up" Wilson's Last 12 Games

64.53%
7.29 AY/A
24 TDs
10 INTs
96.6 Passer Rating

329 yards rushing w/6.53 avg. 2 TDs

(Inferior Unit Around Him)

"GOAT" Mahomes Last 12 Games

69.84% (Andy Reed Screen Game)
3348 (Andy Reed Screen Game)
7.72 AY/A
23 TDs
9 INTs
100.8 Passer Rating

312 yards rushing w/6.24 avg. 2 TDs

(One of the Best O-Lines, HoF TE, Lacking at WR)

Raw numbers don’t tell the story.

Sean Payton is running an offense that would make Hawk fans lose their minds. It’s 2018 on steroids. Russ barely broke 100 yards passing. He completed like 12 passes.

I’m actually envious of that offense and would love Seattle to play more smash mouth football. I do not understand Waldron slinging it so much.

But Wilson is not a franchise QB in any capacity right now. He’s a game manager playing with a coach that is doing everything he can to mitigate the impact he has on a game.

And trying to wave away Mahomes’ superiors completion percentage as just screens is intellectually dishonest. Trying to compare completion percentage without including number of attempts also leaves out a key part of the story.

I’m not even defending Geno right now. Just not pretending Russ is anything more than he currently is.

cymatica

Reaction score

I don't buy that one bit. Denver supposedly had all the talent already in place and just needed a QB. Absolutely zero chance Wilson's contract had any significant impact on Denver's roster since he signed

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Russ has been decent this year. His first 10 games as a Bronco were hilariously bad, but having watched most of his games (and recaps) this year he's been absolutely serviceable. That's a pretty bad Broncos team.

I also think that Jerry Jeudy is better than anyone we have.

As much as I like DK and Lockett, they are inconsistent. Geno had some really really bad throws yesterday, worse than usual. But he also was brilliant on our 3 TD drives. One of his two picks was a bad throw that was behind the receiver anyways, he threw one duck into the ground that I'm not sure the ground could even catch, he also had what should have been a pick six. But his other pick was a decent ball and DK looked lost on it. Just an awful route.

On the final drive in the endzone, the ball to DK was a solid 50/50 catch it or knock it away, needed to be higher but a good idea. He also threw multiple balls in tight windows.

What I'd like to see is Walker, Charbs, Fant, Bobo, DK and Lockett get EQUAL targets. We need more screens, more 4 yard dumps, and fewer quick passes. I know Pete loves a quick pass, but our receivers just aren't winning enough of those 1 on 1s on the outside and it makes it look like Geno doesn't know how to run through a progression.

I mean genuinely, look at his picks this year, most of them are on quick out routes that are his first/only read.

I don't think Geno is some world-beater as a QB. He is a solid top 15 QB in the league. He alone won't win a Super Bowl, but how many of those exist.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
The Seahawks need to establish a running attack for Geno to flourish. The OC decided that running the football is bad. Charbonnet was basically unused. Geno is not the kind of qb that we win games throwing 45x a game. This loss is on the coaching staff as much as Geno.
And again yesterday. IMO.

warden

Reaction score
And again yesterday. IMO.
We have been pretty banged up on the offensive line this season. I do anticipate everything to get better as we get healthier on the line. Geno does best when he uses play action

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
We have been pretty banged up on the offensive line this season. I do anticipate everything to get better as we get healthier on the line. Geno does best when he uses play action
absolutely. We need to take the pressure(s) off Geno.

Whether he's the QBOTF or not - he does 30000X better when he has 4 seconds than he does with 1.6.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Russ has been decent this year. His first 10 games as a Bronco were hilariously bad, but having watched most of his games (and recaps) this year he's been absolutely serviceable. That's a pretty bad Broncos team.

I also think that Jerry Jeudy is better than anyone we have.

As much as I like DK and Lockett, they are inconsistent. Geno had some really really bad throws yesterday, worse than usual. But he also was brilliant on our 3 TD drives. One of his two picks was a bad throw that was behind the receiver anyways, he threw one duck into the ground that I'm not sure the ground could even catch, he also had what should have been a pick six. But his other pick was a decent ball and DK looked lost on it. Just an awful route.

On the final drive in the endzone, the ball to DK was a solid 50/50 catch it or knock it away, needed to be higher but a good idea. He also threw multiple balls in tight windows.

What I'd like to see is Walker, Charbs, Fant, Bobo, DK and Lockett get EQUAL targets. We need more screens, more 4 yard dumps, and fewer quick passes. I know Pete loves a quick pass, but our receivers just aren't winning enough of those 1 on 1s on the outside and it makes it look like Geno doesn't know how to run through a progression.

I mean genuinely, look at his picks this year, most of them are on quick out routes that are his first/only read.

I don't think Geno is some world-beater as a QB. He is a solid top 15 QB in the league. He alone won't win a Super Bowl, but how many of those exist.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score

You forgot the part next year, depending on the incentives Geno hits he will have a cap hit between $33M-$41M in 2024.

Geno is the most expensive Bridge QB in NFL history. Costing more than RW ever did with the Seahawks.

warden

Reaction score
You forgot the part next year, depending on the incentives Geno hits he will have a cap hit between $33M-$41M in 2024.

Geno is the most expensive Bridge QB in NFL history. Costing more than RW ever did with the Seahawks.
If he hits his incentives, that means he had a good year

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Raw numbers don’t tell the story.

Sean Payton is running an offense that would make Hawk fans lose their minds. It’s 2018 on steroids. Russ barely broke 100 yards passing. He completed like 12 passes.

I’m actually envious of that offense and would love Seattle to play more smash mouth football. I do not understand Waldron slinging it so much.

But Wilson is not a franchise QB in any capacity right now. He’s a game manager playing with a coach that is doing everything he can to mitigate the impact he has on a game.

And trying to wave away Mahomes’ superiors completion percentage as just screens is intellectually dishonest. Trying to compare completion percentage without including number of attempts also leaves out a key part of the story.

I’m not even defending Geno right now. Just not pretending Russ is anything more than he currently is.

That is the point.
"Washed Up" Wilson is comfortably outproducing Geno Smith.

What's that tell you about Geno Smith?

I actually did Geno a favor. If I just showed this season's numbers it would look even worse for Geno.

Wilson has 16 TDs and 4 INTs this season.
Geno Has 9 TDs and 6 INTs this season.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Unbelievable...you just hate Carroll or what? LOL...you should just make a post about how you can statistically butcher the game OF FOOTBALL to the point of the decimation of any type of reasonable thought... you represent the complete and total misunderstanding of the game to the degree that boggles my mind. Where do you actually come up with this crap?

Just this season... right off the bat, you were on Hurtt and how he should be fired because of his misuse of great talent, completely and totally missing the fact that pieces of the secondary were missing which was why the Hawks were playing soft zones. You were wrong about that.

Your wrong about Geno Smith as you just need something to decimate. Insert negativity HERE.

Your complete misunderstanding of the way the Seahawks draft players

Your wrong about Russ... your wrong about Pete Carroll, your wrong about John Schneider your wrong about Jodi Allen.

But you did create a thread that created what 37 pages? Something like that?

Maybe you should write a book about how to totally be wrong about a football team. You would probably make a sh!t ton of money. LMAO!!

LTH
No. I'm right, that is why you're so mad.

Truth hurts.

Also, you think I'm wrong about JS being one of the best GMs in football? Interesting.

Finally, I haven't really posted that much in this thread. This is just how the community truly feels.

He isn't the guy. Sad to say.

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
If he hits his incentives, that means he had a good year
One of his incentives is the team winning 9 games.

So not necessarily. There are team success incentives in there.