Fire Dipoto

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Mariners were never in the market for Ohtani.

Threedee

Reaction score
Dipoto is an upgrade over both of his predecessors combined (times infinity!!). Unless Stanton has a specific guy in mind, there's no reason to can him.

cymatica

Reaction score
Dipoto is an upgrade over both of his predecessors combined (times infinity!!). Unless Stanton has a specific guy in mind, there's no reason to can him.
Wetting the bed is also an upgrade over crapping my pants

NoGain

Reaction score
I always have to reserve some judgment when it comes to Dipoto. He rebuilt our farm system back to respectability, oversaw a dramatic rebuild of our team that brought us back to competing for division titles and playoff appearances, drafted fairly well, and made a couple of savvy trades and signings (at least of our own FA's). Then it gets harder for me to criticize him. He just might be hamstrung by ownership in what he can and can not do, and is that really his fault?

The jury in my head is still out on him, at least in terms of blame proportionment.

ryank24

Reaction score
I always have to reserve some judgment when it comes to Dipoto. He rebuilt our farm system back to respectability, oversaw a dramatic rebuild of our team that brought us back to competing for division titles and playoff appearances, drafted fairly well, and made a couple of savvy trades and signings (at least of our own FA's). Then it gets harder for me to criticize him. He just might be hamstrung by ownership in what he can and can not do, and is that really his fault?

The jury in my head is still out on him, at least in terms of blame proportionment.
This is exactly how I feel. The current state of the team is much better compared to where it was when Dipoto took over. Three seasons in a row competing for a spot in the playoffs, with one playoff appearance is more success than we’ve seen in two decades. We have a young core at the MLB level that should be together for a while, and is hopefully still improving. Far fewer vets on the team that are on the downside of their career. And still a decent farm system after trading away some high end prospects.

It still remains to be seen if he’s capable of pushing this team to the next level. But I also think ownership pinching pennies the real problem holding this team back.

Latest posts