Fire Dipoto

Xxx

Reaction score
I believe Dipoto has a dart board with players available to trade for. He takes our best reliever (cause he’s still mad he got traded) then he puts on a blindfold and starts throwing darts. The first three darts that hit minor leaguers are the ones he trades our closer for.

NoGain

Reaction score
I didn't like the trade, but it wasn't a horrible trade. Dipoto's done a good job rebuilding our once pathetic farm system. He deserves a lot of credit for that. The Castillo trade was great, and the signings of Julio and Castillo were great. I don't know how hamstrung he is by ownership when it comes to spending in the FA market. That's the unknown, but it seems that ownership is mostly responsible for that even though Dipoto prefers the trade market over the FA market.

They need to make some splash signings and/or trades this off season. Everybody knows that. Dipoto has also got to address our strikeout rate overall as a team, too. We can't be that bad at pitch selection again.

Reactions: Xxx
OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I didn't like the trade, but it wasn't a horrible trade. Dipoto's done a good job rebuilding our once pathetic farm system. He deserves a lot of credit for that. The Castillo trade was great, and the signings of Julio and Castillo were great. I don't know how hamstrung he is by ownership when it comes to spending in the FA market. That's the unknown, but it seems that ownership is mostly responsible for that even though Dipotot prefers the trade market over the FA market.

They need to make some splash signings and/or trades this off season. Everybody knows that. Dipoto has also got to address our strikeout rate overall as a team, too. We can't be that bad at pitch selection again.
Diego Castillo, not Luis castillo

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I liked the Luis Castillo trade too but then when we played Cincinnati noelvi marte looked good, plus it seemed like he was never gonna get called up here but Cincinnati called him up right away. I just wonder why he never got called up in seattle

NoGain

Reaction score

Msfann

Reaction score
No but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t. I’m so tired of this team not being all in
The 54% thing showed they will never be all in, they just want to be somewhat competitive so the fans show up. I mean winning 54% of your games over a decade might work to win championships but it pretty much guarantees they will NEVER go all in. So guys like Ohtani won't happen. We'll be stuck with lukewarm teams that are exactly as they have been for the last couple years at best.

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
The 54% thing showed they will never be all in, they just want to be somewhat competitive so the fans show up. I mean winning 54% of your games over a decade might work to win championships but it pretty much guarantees they will NEVER go all in. So guys like Ohtani won't happen. We'll be stuck with lukewarm teams that are exactly as they have been for the last couple years at best.
We gotta stop showing up. It’s just plain disrespectful when the fans show up with so much intensity that it causes a small earthquake and then dipstick say 54%

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If you were Ohtani, would you want to join Mariners? He has plenty of suitors and options. Teams that play to win World Series championship. The M’s are a team which has leadership that is satisfied winning 54% of the time. I’m sure Castillo and Rodriguez are second guessing their choice to sign with the M’s.

sutz

Reaction score
If you were Ohtani, would you want to join Mariners? He has plenty of suitors and options. Teams that play to win World Series championship. The M’s are a team which has leadership that is satisfied winning 54% of the time. I’m sure Castillo and Rodriguez are second guessing their choice to sign with the M’s.
But there appear to be some off the field issues that work our way. He has a place here for the off season, apparently, and I suspect he'd prefer a West Coast team to be closer to home.

Suarez was traded as a salary dump and a move to cut down on the Ks, not that $11 mill will make that much of a dent on a possible Ohtani contract. Not overly optimistic, but guardedly hopeful. ;)

Reactions: Xxx
OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
I would if Dipoto promised to resign…

OP
OP
X

Xxx

Reaction score
But there appear to be some off the field issues that work our way. He has a place here for the off season, apparently, and I suspect he'd prefer a West Coast team to be closer to home.

Suarez was traded as a salary dump and a move to cut down on the Ks, not that $11 mill will make that much of a dent on a possible Ohtani contract. Not overly optimistic, but guardedly hopeful. ;)
That’s right!!! Positive vibes only. Gonna miss good vibe Geno