Drew is Not the Starter, but...

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like the Carolina game. Once we knew the backup was coming in, we knew it would be a tougher game. Dalton is a hell of a backup.

chris98251

Reaction score
I thought he did great, coming in Monday Night Football in New York, having not been in a real game for two years imagine the adrenaline rush you have. Yeah a few off target or miss reads and or communications with receivers but that's expected, he doesn't get the reps with them Geno does.

He played to the moment and we scored, can't ask for more then that. He didn't look overwhelmed, he was poised and in control when they showed him in the huddle.

He will be fine being thrust in based on that showing if need be, players played for him as well.

Ruminator

Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but first thing the wife asked when Lock started playing, and no one knew yet how bad Smith's injury was: "Do they have a third QB if Lock gets injured?" My reply was I didn't think they had a third bona fide QB suited up, but that someone who plays another position would have to take the emergency QB role, like one of the RBs or WRs.

Oh yeah, Pete threw some nice passes at camp -- maybe him.

LTH

Reaction score
In my mind there is no question that Lock is a good credible QB. It's just a matter of time before he gets a chance to prove it to the NFL.

LTH

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
Slightly off topic, but first thing the wife asked when Lock started playing, and no one knew yet how bad Smith's injury was: "Do they have a third QB if Lock gets injured?" My reply was I didn't think they had a third bona fide QB suited up, but that someone who plays another position would have to take the emergency QB role, like one of the RBs or WRs.

Oh yeah, Pete threw some nice passes at camp -- maybe him.
My reply would've been "No honey, the majority of the people on the Seahawks boards think if we have to use a 3rd QB then the season is over anyway, so..."

Call me salty over cutting Ahlers.

Titus Pullo

Reaction score
I would like to see Lock go play on another team next year.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Why? Who would you replace him with (that isn't a rookie first-rounder which we won't have access to)?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Why? Who would you replace him with (that isn't a rookie first-rounder which we won't have access to)?
They may have to let him go for salary cap reasons and go with a rookie quarterback. He's one of the few ways they can get some cap relief unless they cut Geno and I don't see that happening.

What they should have done and still should do is cut Adams and Diggs and bite the bullet for a year in cap hell and go with rookie safeties. Because those two contracts have to be gotten rid of as soon as possible to get the cap fixed and resources going to the proper position groups.

Last edited:

WarHawks

Reaction score
I thought Lock showed more juice and energy than Geno. That run up the middle was fantastic, and fast. He was too amped up and missed a couple throws, but I enjoyed watching him more than Geno, who looks slow and flat footed in comparison sometimes. Let's be real, without Drews's td and the defensive scores, Geno's play was mediocre at best. It's a small sample size, but I'd like to see more Drew.

chrispy

Reaction score
Drew added value. Thats good for both him and the team. If he were to look obviously better than Geno in practice, he'd get more playtime. I don't think that's realistic, but that doesn't diminish the accomplishment of Monday.

I don't think you can cut Geno's playtime as a result of Monday night. There's a cost/benefit and the cost of cutting Geno's snaps is (currently) higher than the benefit of awarding Drew those snaps. However, one of the benefits of "Always Com-Pete" is that there's always a possibility of taking a starting role. I think with the QB position, that's realistically only practical during off-season, injury or catastrophic play by the starter. We've seen how loyal Pete is toward individuals and it's not his M.O. to limit Geno at this point. Geno was patient in earning his chance, Drew can be as well.

Additionally, the team responds to Geno and his leadership. Interrupting that could be destructive to team culture. ...ain't broke, don't fix... yet.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Splitting time at the QB position rarely ever works out. First, it destroys confidence and secondly it makes it hard for either QB to find a rhythm during the game. Lets just be happy that Drews capable when called upon if needed.
This is the rational viewpoint

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I think if Pete wants to live with the Always Compete mantra, Drew earned more playing time. If it doesn't pan out after a couple games and a couple designed looks, ok whatever. But you can't tell me Geno is Patrick Mahomes out there and untouchable.

Earned more playing time? This isn't Pop Warner or division 7 college football, you don't share QB snaps in games that matter.

evergreen

Reaction score
If you have 2 abs you have none. Drew looked electric. I love the throw to Tyler right at the unblocked blitzer. His decision to run was spot on and Geno should learn.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
Lock seemed ready for the moment that’s for sure, he didn’t hesitate on that run and passed the eye test being thrown in there like that. Definitely a solid short showing for him i thought.
this is how Niner fans secretly sow discord from within muhuahhuahhahuuahhahhuha

My reply would've been "No honey, the majority of the people on the Seahawks boards think if we have to use a 3rd QB then the season is over anyway, so..."

Call me salty over cutting Ahlers.

I'm pretty sure both of you know the people on Seahawks.NET don't make personnel decisions for the Seahawks, but your comments read as if you might have thought we did have such power.

I just searched around, and it looks like Ahlers is still not even on any team's practice squad, so at least so far, it's looking like the Seahawks did the right thing by letting him go in order to give themselves more roster flexibility around some positions that have been hit really hard by injuries. I suspect he'll be back on the Seahawks PS soon.

Last edited:

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure both of you know the people on Seahawks.NET don't make personnel decisions for the Seahawks, but your comments read as if you might have thought we did have such power.

I just searched around, and it looks like Ahlers is still not even on any team's practice squad, so at least so far, it's looking like the Seahawks did the right thing by letting him go in order to give themselves more roster flexibility around some positions that have been hit really hard by injuries.
I know, I know. I was making a joke, and at the time thought it was funny. I do think we should have 1 more QB on the practice squad though. IIRC Pete and Co hasn't really stuck to retaining a backup QB for long to mold and groom in the past 10 years, so they've been constantly churning them every 2-3 years. Ahlers could be that guy, he's very green but with time and patience could be a solid backup QB.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Cut Diggs and Adams, during the season? :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
Also, "getting rid of contracts" isn't quite that simple.
After now hon obviously isnt happening. They should been gone after 6/1/23 at worst. And better be fired if it doesn't happen in 2024.

By this I mean exactly Pete and John. My advice is to John is go to any team that let's you be a GM and as side gig convince Pete to retire and enjoy his last years and maybe be a factor in Jodi to stop ******* around and not be making the Seahawks into the Trailblazers you absolute ****.

Follow what your brother demanded in writing you ******* bitch. Stop living off your brother and do you you absolute loser.

Adams and Diggs had no business being on the current team. Both needed to find any job in the NFL already or maybe a job they could handle like McDonald's. I'm so pissed that some people can't do their job but are so grossly overpaid.

Last edited: