Dre’Mont Jones is a Seahawk

Jville

Reaction score
"Armed with a hard to find quickness-size combination at 281 pounds, Jones, who turned 26 in January, has shown the ability to push the pocket on the inside in nickel rush situations and move to the end spot on early downs.

His potential versatility for either 3-4 or 4-3 defenses -- the Broncos played a base 3-4 in each of his four seasons -- make him an intriguing option. This past season, he played 451 snaps at defensive tackle and 224 at end, with four of his sacks coming while lined up on the edge." - Link >>> https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...nes-says-signing-seahawks?device=featurephone

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
**** the bears. nobody cares about 'dA BeARs'

and chicago is a complete and total shithole unless you live in a gated community on the northside. if you live in urban chicago, the bears should be the least of your concerns.

anyway, back to seahawks.

View attachment 58157
I can’t argue with that. I lived in central Illinois before we moved out here to Seahawk world in 1981.

Chevy

Reaction score
For me this is the most exciting Free Agent signing since Michael Bennett and/or Cliff Avril. Jones is a disruptive player vs the pass, he had 33 QB pressures which is a lot for a DE/DT tweener. I looked at his NFL combine numbers and it doesn't match up to his game speed...he plays faster than how he tested, also he looks to have very good agility for a big man, and a non-stop motor. Michael Bennett type, although may not have the opportunity to be as disruptive as Bennett because of scheme.

Below are a video of his highlights from this last year and a video of a Broncos youtuber take on Dre'Monte Jones.

Last edited:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Nice! Just taking a quick look at various ranking (Rosenthal, The Ringer, The Athletic) he was ranked pretty high on available free agents.

Chevy

Reaction score
Wouldn't both lack bulk?
Yeah. I think a bigger DE opposite of him would be best. There are a lot of bigger, while still athletic, 3-4 DEs in this draft that can be had in the 2nd round.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He becomes a Seahawk on Wednesday, until then they have agreed verbally to the terms announced which are really comparatively advantageous. The actual terms are of course what we need to see but JS is good at getting and keeping cap space.

Bet he’s glad to leave RW and that circus behind. Dumb of Denver to let him get to FA.

I think this will be great addition to the DLine.

I wonder if the team truly wants to draft Carter, but who knows, maybe so, but picking a QB with the 5th overall pick might be hard for the team to pass upon.

Am very pumped up by this addition.

Last edited:

Jville

Reaction score
It looks to me like the new Bronco defensive coordinator chose to bring in his guy, Zach Allen, over retaining Dre'Mont Jones. Perhaps it's a case of different defenses looking for different attributes.

People on Bears forum are pissed that with his $100M cap space, Poles let a lot of big fish swim away today, and this was one of the biggest. When he says he is going to build through the draft, he apparently means it.

Feel free to advise your Bear forum of the following .............

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
This move, coupled with that for Geno, could give us some great insight into where they view this roster in terms of readiness to compete.

Starting with Geno, they've given him a deal that simultaneously rewards him for a great 2022 as well as incentivizes him to continue performing. However, the contract is structured in a way that allows them to bail on Geno should he either regress or simply not make the grade for "championship-caliber." Either he takes the job and holds it for the length of the contract, or he fails and they move on. Nothing that ties them down.

Now, to this Dre'Mont move: When was the last time Seattle gave this big of a deal to an outside player? On a similarly deficient roster? Sidney Rice, in 2011. Year 2 of the rebuild, after securing a franchise protector on the OL. It's all starting to look familiar.

This is why I've been saying they're somewhat predictable. They follow road-maps, and they make no secret about it. The moves themselves AREN'T as easy to pin down, but the general direction is there.

I bet you the quarterback hunt is next year (unless Geno really takes the reins, and hard) and they're going to hammer their biggest roster deficiencies in the draft this year. They believe in an order of operations for team building. They're building right now, but the push is coming in 2024/2025 as Pete gives it one last try.

Shaz Magoon

Reaction score
He becomes a Seahawk on Wednesday, until then they have agreed verbally to the terms announced which are really comparatively advantageous.

Bet he’s glad to leave RW and that circus behind. Dumb of Denver to let him get to FA.

I think this will be great addition to the DLine.

I wonder if the team truly wants to draft Carter, but who knows, maybe so, but picking a QB with the 5th overall pick might be hard for the team to pass upon.

Am very pumped up by this addition.

Carter is damn near a generational talent, I think his comparison would be Fletcher Cox and I'll take that every day of the week

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
if somebody has PFF access can you post dre'mont's PFF grades? please and thank you

NoGain

Reaction score
Hawks are doing it good so far. They're covering their butts (DL and QB), and making it so they can go BPA all the way. They've already reduced their desperation factor tremendously.

It's all good so far...unless you want to quibble.,,which of course people will...

NoGain

Reaction score
It's really boiling down to...

1) Draft a QB at #5
2) Draft Will Anderson at #5
3) Trade down for a little more draft capital at #5

chrispy

Reaction score
Bookend OTs in 22. Looks like multiple top end additions to DL in 23.

Fun to imagine DJones and WAnderson rushing Sam Darnold in SF....

Chevy

Reaction score
if somebody has PFF access can you post dre'mont's PFF grades? please and thank you
The most important stat for defensive lineman, IMO, is QB pressures. Jones had 33 as a DT/DE which is great. QB pressures is the #1 stat for a defensive lineman that is not a NT or 1-tech DT.

So Jones was ranked #96 of all interior defensive lineman...and our own Shelby Harris was ranked #17. PFF's ranking don't match up with production. PFF's grades didn't always match player production. They are a good tool to have, but don't overly rely on it.

Latest posts