Clint Hurtt Wipes His Ass with the "Yes Man" Theory

Fade

Reaction score
jammerhawk":fbqw4vpi said:
So is Pete to be blamed for recognizing his scheme wasn’t able to be made to work any longer?

Can’t for the life of me think of any reason why seeking to refresh the D can be seen as a negative.
Accountability, or lack there of. He wasted 4 years of everyone's time. The players, employees, ownership, and the fans. Everyone knew Ken was not up to snuff, except for the boss in charge, who inexplicably kept rolling with it as he watched the team fall further behind.
Pete's made a lot of poor decisions that put the team behind the 8-ball in the last 4 years, but keeping Ken Norton as DC for this long takes the cake.

In the end the narrative that these new guys will all be Pete’s yes men, Hurrt has put the kibosh to that refrain.
It's not a narrative, it's a legit worry due to how Pete has operated in the past. Don't you understand that's why it had to be addressed? It's a real concern.

Got to believe we will also see some player personnel changes as well. I have a genuine belief that these new coaches will create a solid and progressive D. I’m sure some will say despite Pete, but he will be part of a fresh new collaboration.
Can't spell belief without lie. The one thing I've learned in this world is that people are going to do what they do. Marshawn gonna Marshawn. Rusell gonna Russell. Earl gonna Earl, Largent gonna Largent, and Pete is gonna Pete.

Pete has done so much wrong over the years, I have no Idea how anyone could have any faith at this point.

- Trading 1st round Picks for players he doesn't know how to use.
- Surrounding himself and hanging on to substandard coaches like DC Ken Norton to the detriment of the team.
- Frittered away, underutilized, and getting less out of talent due to outdated schemes. Square peg, meet round hole.
- Refusing to invest in a proper offensive line. Just do a little comparison to what other teams do with their investment upfront when other teams pay their QBs. It's appalling.
- Spend $50M+ on JAGs in an off-season when your team is lacking star power. Which led to the Jamal Adams trade because, Pete cited they were willing to do the deal because they lacked star power. Derp.
- Dumping the bulk of the team's assets into QB, WR, LB, S, but claim you want to be a physical team, while getting your ass kicked in the trenches season after season.
- The decision making from the skipper hasn't been good for a long time. He's used up all of his good will. Norton is his last fall guy.

I just want to see a fresh approach to playing Defense by my team b/c it wasn’t working the way it was. As Hurrt has indicated a fondness for 3-4 approaches there will need to be corresponding player moves. We will find Dr Desai is in fact a progressive innovator. This may prove interesting, but hopefully will be fun to watch.
We all want to see a fresh approach and that is kind of the point. Trying to teach an old dog new tricks if you will. And on paper, so far, so good. Let Desai & Hurtt run the defense (Fangio), let Waldron & Dickerson run the offense (Shanny/McVay). And let the HC have his points of emphasis for the things he wants to get done on each side of the ball, sure.

But everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth. When the bullets start flying and adversity hits, what is Pete going to fall back on? Pete is gonna Pete.

Based on Pete's history, the defense is going to look amazing early with all of the fresh new things they are doing, but it will slowly start to creep back to what it's been in the past, once they make some mistakes and give up some explosive TDs. And by December they will be a soft zone team scared of their own shadow, that can't get off the field on 3rd down. I would love to be so wrong on this, but I've seen too much to think otherwise at this point.

Fade

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/mattyfbrown/status/1494477611954806790[/tweet]

Addressing Hurtt's quotes directly, definitely raises some eyebrows.

"I think that's way overblown,"

Overblown implies… yeah, Pete meddles, but not too much. ha-ha :p

"Obviously he's (Pete) the architect of the defense that was here,"

It WAS Pete's defense, "was" being past tense. Not Ken Norton's defense because as we all know, he was a puppet. So they are indeed planning to change from Pete's scheme to Fangio's scheme. Norton was just the fall guy.

'The first thing Pete told me was 'He wanted to grow and evolve. --It's not like the Seattle defense is the only defense you've been apart of.'"

Translation -> Pete: Clint, my scheme has been figured out, you were with Fangio, right? We'll run that.

"To me, Pete being involved and knowing everything that's going on, to me that's a resource, that's not an issue like some people would try to make that come across."

"It's not the things that we've been running here for the last, you know, 11, 12 years."

It's not meddling, I look at it like a "resource." :p

The combination of the last 2 quotes is what makes me think things are not going to ultimately change. As soon as Pete feels uncomfortable, he is going to fall back to what he's been doing the last, 11, 12 years. (Really the last 40 years.) Due to Pete being so involved and knowing everything that's going on. A lot of cooks in the kitchen. I was hoping for a little more hands off, like give some directives, have an emphasis on some things, and get out of the way. If Hurtt was a veteran coordinator like Fangio himself, I would have no worries, but Hurtt is a rookie DC, Pete will have his way.

Reading the entire tweet/quote in it's entirety, It didn't come off as autonomous at all. More like damage control for Pete's meddling in the past. "Pete's gonna lemme implement a new defense, but as soon as it stops working, I'm gonna go to Pete as he's a great "resource" and he's gonna make suggestions that likely lead us back to how he's always done it in the past." SPOOKY.

We needed a follow up question. Like: "So what happens when you've had a couple of tough games, and Pete makes suggestions to do things the old way, how would you respond?" I would love to know the answer to that question. If given truth serum, probably "Yes, sir." :shock:

Pete gave all of the previous DCs their own rope, and they were allowed to put their twist on things within Pete's framework, this is not new.

Bradly: Loved using the Bear front, played more man when he was trailing, played more soft zone when he was leading. 4th quarter blown lead master. If he had not left the Seahawks they would still have 0 Super Bowls.

Quinn: Pressed his corners constantly, blurred man & zone like a matchup zone. Sneaky stunts, and twists at the right time to create pressure without having to blitz.

Richard: Played more man, blitzed more than the previous two. Pete told him to leave.

Norton: Experimented with 2 High concepts, flailing around with Pete trying to find an answer to the figured out cover 3. Loved to drop his D-Lineman into coverage and rush 3. Softzone sicko.

Hurtt will be awarded the same luxury, and he will definitely implement all the things he's talked about, but if and when thing's go south, we all know what Pete is going to do.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":18s2x1hq said:
Everyone wanted change, we got some change. Let's see how it plays out.

I completely agree, but you know even if it does Pete will still be reviled by those who want him gone but rarely if ever offer constructive direction.

My friend, the anti-Pete lobby is simply unwilling to acknowledge that our long time successful coach can admit he was wrong, make good adjustments, allow his assistant coaches and coordinators to do their jobs, or do anything right. They use any forum to pee on his shoes, not allowing anything he does to be right.

The thread here is a fine example of the negativity that has become sadly pervasive of just about every topic. A topic about defence has morphed into complaint about offensive interference, yet when the team did manage to run effectively the scheme seemed improved. The D did improve as the season went on.

Pete is the boss and many hate the boss but are begrudgingly happy when the team has success, as they find negatives to hold onto their biases. Of course Pete is going to be involved in team direction on either side of the ball. It had become clear that the O was not working with Schotty so change was made and by the end of the season the O seemed to be working when the team could actually run the ball. On D no matter what KNJ and his pass game coordinator did it was always easily defeated, new ideas were needed.

Real and Significant Change has happened now let’s at least give it a chance. On O there were many positive signs as the season ended when the running game actually worked and it was the case obviously that the D needed a huge overhaul schematically and that change has happened.

The buck stops with Carrol as it should, yet this FO has brought to the team the longest period of team success in it’s history, so I’ll wait and see before defaulting to negativity. I want to see how it works out before grumbling about it.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2gen9461 said:
SoulfishHawk":2gen9461 said:

I completely agree, but you know even if it does Pete will still be reviled by those who want him gone but rarely if ever offer constructive direction.

My friend, the anti-Pete lobby is simply unwilling to acknowledge that our long time successful coach can admit he was wrong, make good adjustments, allow his assistant coaches and coordinators to do their jobs, or do anything right. They use any forum to pee on his shoes, not allowing anything he does to be right.

The thread here is a fine example of the negativity that has become sadly pervasive of just about every topic. A topic about defence has morphed into complaint about offensive interference, yet when the team did manage to run effectively the scheme seemed improved. The D did improve as the season went on.

Pete is the boss and many hate the boss but are begrudgingly happy when the team has success, as they find negatives to hold onto their biases. Of course Pete is going to be involved in team direction on either side of the ball. It had become clear that the O was not working with Schotty so change was made and by the end of the season the O seemed to be working when the team could actually run the ball. On D no matter what KNJ and his pass game coordinator did it was always easily defeated, new ideas were needed.

Real and Significant Change has happened now let’s at least give it a chance. On O there were many positive signs as the season ended when the running game actually worked and it was the case obviously that the D needed a huge overhaul schematically and that change has happened.

The buck stops with Carrol as it should, yet this FO has brought to the team the longest period of team success in it’s history, so I’ll wait and see before defaulting to negativity. I want to see how it works out before grumbling about it.
Damned good, no... EXCELLENT posts ^^
The "We only lose because of Pete's involvements" OR "We win in spite of Pete's interferences" is beyond absurd.
I think Pete gave KNJ plenty of time to make the transition from LBC to DC, and he just wasn't up to the tasks.
Funny how the Defense started out slow in the last few years, then seemed to be playing a hell of a lot better as the seasons progressed......Probably because Pete stuck his nose into KNJ's Coaching fails, trying to HELP him? nah.

John63

Reaction score
Fade":3gql7dp4 said:

It WAS Pete's defense, "was" being past tense. Not Ken Norton's defense because as we all know, he was a puppet. So they are indeed planning to change from Pete's scheme to Fangio's scheme. Norton was just the fall guy.

'The first thing Pete told me was 'He wanted to grow and evolve. --It's not like the Seattle defense is the only defense you've been apart of.'"

Translation -> Pete: Clint, my scheme has been figured out, you were with Fangio, right? We'll run that.

"To me, Pete being involved and knowing everything that's going on, to me that's a resource, that's not an issue like some people would try to make that come across."

"It's not the things that we've been running here for the last, you know, 11, 12 years."

The combination of the last 2 quotes is what makes me think things are not going to ultimately change. As soon as Pete feels uncomfortable, he is going to fall back to what he's been doing the last, 11, 12 years. (Really the last 40 years.) Due to Pete being so involved and knowing everything that's going on. A lot of cooks in the kitchen. I was hoping for a little more hands off, like give some directives, have an emphasis on some things, and get out of the way. If Hurtt was a veteran coordinator like Fangio himself, I would have no worries, but Hurtt is a rookie DC, Pete will have his way.

Reading the entire tweet/quote in it's entirety, It didn't come off as autonomous at all. More like damage control for Pete's meddling in the past. "Pete's gonna lemme implement a new defense, but as soon as it stops working, I'm gonna go to Pete as he's a great "resource" and he's gonna make suggestions that likely lead us back to how he's always done it in the past." SPOOKY.

We needed a follow up question. Like: "So what happens when you've had a couple of tough games, and Pete makes suggestions to do things the old way, how would you respond?" I would love to know the answer to that question. If given truth serum, probably "Yes, sir." :shock:

Pete gave all of the previous DCs their own rope, and they were allowed to put their twist on things within Pete's framework, this is not new.

Bradly: Loved using the Bear front, played more man when he was trailing, played more soft zone when he was leading. 4th quarter blown lead master. If he had not left the Seahawks they would still have 0 Super Bowls.

Quinn: Pressed his corners constantly, blurred man & zone like a matchup zone. Sneaky stunts, and twists at the right time to create pressure without having to blitz.

Richard: Played more man, blitzed more than the previous two. Pete told him to leave.

Norton: Experimented with 2 High concepts, flailing around with Pete trying to find an answer to the figured out cover 3. Loved to drop his D-Lineman into coverage and rush 3. Softzone sicko.

Hurtt will be awarded the same luxury, and he will definitely implement all the things he's talked about, but if and when thing's go south, we all know what Pete is going to do.

This^^^^

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":1rwtqsbg said:
Fade":1rwtqsbg said:

This^^^^
"This" what John??? This Pete Carroll bashing is horse sh*t...Just like the Russell Wilson Bashing crap Gotdamnit..Just STOP already! :177692:

AgentDib

Reaction score
Using the phrase "meddling" to refer to the head coach of a football team is nonsense. If you don't like Pete then just be honest about it and say that. Imagine a head coach that you consider great and you will find yourself welcoming their input in any area. "Can you believe that Belichick was interfering with special teams again?" is a phrase said by nobody.

It's a particularly boring discussion here because Pete doesn't even hold play sheets on Sundays. That makes him more hands off than the average head coach.

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
Fade":2jobpowo said:
I agree that Clint Hurtt has been promoted to bring change (Fangio).

But Ken Norton was a textbook "Yes" man. Only under Pete would Ken have had a DC job, after the disaster he was with the Raiders. To the extent or how much he was, can be argued till the cows come home.

A) Pete was heavily involved with the construction and scheme on defense, and it was an abject failure over the last four years that contained stretches of worst in NFL history.

-or-

B) Pete stood by 4 years and watched Ken flop and flail around, while being cool with it.

-or-

C) A little bit of both.

Anyway you want to spin it, it falls on Pete. He failed the organization.

Ken came up under the tutelage of Pete, playing and coaching under him for over 20 years. Anyone want to hazard a guess of what system he was running? Trying to paint Norton as some autonomous individual doing things his way is absolutely hilarious. And poor, awe shucks, Pete was totally blindsided by what Ken was doing for FOUR YEARS. :D

Pete lovers have really twisted themselves into knots on this.

Check this. So when Ken Norton was initially hired it was met with criticism, and rightfully so. Pete lovers were like "It's okay, it's Pete's Defense, anyway." 4 years of disappointment later, they're now trying to shovel all the blame on Ken and absolve Pete. These same posters were praising Ken during this season mind you, not because they care about Ken and thought he was doing a good job, but as a way to try and big up Pete indirectly. :lol:

Pete failed, his system failed. They now have to pivot, and have gone the Fangio tree route.

I completely agree with your assessment! I have always said that Pete should get tons of credit for making the Seahawks a super bowl champion AND making this franchise a winner. With that said, he ALSO needs to take and accept responsibility for Seattle’s shortcomings and his failures the past several seasons! I don’t think that is unreasonable or Pete hate.

If anybody has read the Sports Illustrated article, The Dynasty That Never Was, it sheds some crazy light on Pete and his philosophy. I don’t agree with everything in the article, but Seattle hasn’t been past the divisional playoff game since and has missed the playoffs, which makes you wonder about the locker room, direction & coaching philosophy, etc.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/09/07/seatt ... te-carroll

Go Hawks

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1g5x01jr said:
SoulfishHawk":1g5x01jr said:

“My friend, the anti-Pete lobby is simply unwilling to acknowledge that our long time successful coach can admit he was wrong, make good adjustments, allow his assistant coaches and coordinators to do their jobs, or do anything right. They use any forum to pee on his shoes, not allowing anything he does to be right.”

I have said this before, and I will say it again. Pete deserved tons of praise and credit for many years of successful coaching here in Seattle. With that said, he ALSO deserves to be criticized the past few seasons for his actions and decisions. I’m not sure why that’s controversial or “anti-Pete”.

There has been talk for a few years now that the NFL has figured Pete’s defense AND offense out. Changes NEEDED to be made! He is a 70 year old NFL coach that has a certain belief system and style. Can he change? I hope so. Will he change? I have doubts…Not because I am a hater. But, rather because most 65+ year old NFL coaches are set in their ways.

“The thread here is a fine example of the negativity that has become sadly pervasive of just about every topic. A topic about defence has morphed into complaint about offensive interference, yet when the team did manage to run effectively the scheme seemed improved. The D did improve as the season went on.”

Let’s be honest here. Out of the last 7 game of the season, five were against Washington (7-10), San Fran (10-7), Houston (4-13), Chicago (6-11), and the Lions (3-13). That’s not exactly world beating. Did they improve? Yes…I guess? Still, not a good season with a soft generic, predictable zone defense and ineffective, predictable vanilla offense (- last 2 game where it seemed like Waldron was actually allowed to do his thing).

“Pete is the boss and many hate the boss but are begrudgingly happy when the team has success, as they find negatives to hold onto their biases. Of course Pete is going to be involved in team direction on either side of the ball. It had become clear that the O was not working with Schotty so change was made and by the end of the season the O seemed to be working when the team could actually run the ball. On D no matter what KNJ and his pass game coordinator did it was always easily defeated, new ideas were needed.”

Its Pete’s defense And Pete’s offense! Both needed HUGE overhauls!

“Real and Significant Change has happened now let’s at least give it a chance. On O there were many positive signs as the season ended when the running game actually worked and it was the case obviously that the D needed a huge overhaul schematically and that change has happened.”

I agree 100%. Like I was at the beginning of this past season with the Shane Waldron hire, I am super excited to see what actually happens. Again, I hope Pete can stay out of the play calling and let Waldron and Hurtt do their thing respectively!

Go Hawks!

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
AgentDib":35vb4emi said:
Using the phrase "meddling" to refer to the head coach of a football team is nonsense. If you don't like Pete then just be honest about it and say that. Imagine a head coach that you consider great and you will find yourself welcoming their input in any area. "Can you believe that Belichick was interfering with special teams again?" is a phrase said by nobody.

It's a particularly boring discussion here because Pete doesn't even hold play sheets on Sundays. That makes him more hands off than the average head coach.

This is an informative read by Gregg Bell in the News Tribune about the 2020 Seahawk season. Interesting perspective about Pete, “Meddling”. Here are some of the article highlights:

“…The most infamous example of Carroll getting involved in the offense’s play calls remains the most disastrous play call in Super Bowl history. Carroll saw New England bring in a heavy defensive front to stop Seattle’s run from the 1-yard line in the final seconds. So he instructed then-offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to substitute a spread formation and throw. Wilson’s pass on a slant intended for Ricardo Lock... “

“…Does Carroll meddle too much in Seattle’s offense to attract the best play caller to steer Wilson for the final three seasons of his record, $140 million Seahawks contract? It’s a fair question, after experienced former head coaches and play callers choose to take play-calling jobs elsewhere instead of working with Wilson in Seattle…”

“…Early in the fourth quarter while down 23-13 Seattle lined up to go for it on fourth and 1 at midfield. It was after a long injury time out for rookie right guard Damien Lewis. Inexplicably following the extended time out, the Seahawks got out of the huddle with just 5 seconds remaining on the 40-second play clock. Wilson tried to rush the snap before a delay-of-game penalty. Half his offensive line moved, but center Ethan Pocic did not snap the ball. The false-start penalty made it fourth and 6. Carroll then decided to punt. Seattle never got closer than that to coming back. Carroll said after the game he “got involved” in Schottenheimer’s play call on that fourth and 1. Carroll eventually got the play he wanted; he won the argument with his play-caller as the head man and franchise’s highest football authority would. But it took all but 5 seconds of the play clock to get it. Carroll overruling his play caller caused the delay and ultimately confusion that led to the pre-snap penalty and Seattle’s essentially game-ending punt…”

“…And this is not new for Carroll with his coordinators in Seattle. He’s more renowned for being intricately involved in defense. But he’s always, in all 11 of his seasons as the Seahawks’ head coach, put his stamp on the offense’s game plan and preferred players to feature, as well. Usually, it’s been running backs and running the ball…”

“…In November the Seahawks rallied from down 27-7 at Buffalo to within 27-20 early in the fourth quarter. Carroll told Norton to call an eight-man blitz to defending the Bills on a third and 16. Buffalo made a perfect call against it: a quick wide-receiver screen. Five Bills blockers were against two Seahawks…”

“I made, contributed, a call that they hit the screen on,” Carroll said after the 44-34 loss, the most points allowed by one of his Seahawks defenses. How many times is Carroll involved in Norton’s play calls during games?"

“For years. For years I’ve been involved,” Carroll said. “There’s no how many. I don’t know how many. It’s just whenever, you know. It’s an ongoing conversation..."

“I’ve been doing that for years.”

” Days later, Norton detailed how into the coordinators’ stuff Carroll is—not as a complaint, as a normal course of Seahawks business..."

“As far as the game plan goes, it’s a collaboration,” Norton said in November. “We all sit down and watch the film. We talk through all the stats, and watch through everything that we do as far as the game plan. We look through all the games (films), and things like that. The entire staff sits down and talks through all the different things that we think that we can do..."

“As far as calling the plays, I’m the initial caller. Coach is the boss…”

“…Seattle was not the place in 2021 for an established play caller with his own, proven way to run offenses. Such an experienced coach likely would not be as willing to yield to Carroll’s mandate to run more so Wilson can pass more easily in 2021. That’s why Schottenheimer’s no longer here…”

“…As Norton said in November about Carroll’s involvement on at least his coordinator job: “He always has certain things that he wants me to call…”

Go Hawks

https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... 57320.html

CelticWolf12

Reaction score
There seemed to be a problem with the link. Here is the Gregg Bell Article - The News Tribune:

The Seahawks were rolling on offense early this past season. Russell Wilson was a leading candidate for NFL MVP. DK Metcalf was leading the football world in yards receiving.

People wondered aloud what role Pete Carroll had on Seattle’s offense.

If any. Heck, he had even sent his offensive play caller away into his own realm to do his thing, away from the head coach.

At the start of the 2020 season, Carroll had sent Brian Schottenheimer from the sidelines where he’d been calling plays his first two seasons as Seattle’s offensive coordinator upstairs to the coaches’ booth during games. Carroll remembered the benefits he got as San Francisco’s defensive coordinator in 1995-96 from calling games from upstairs.

The new arrangement gave Schottenheimer his own kingdom upstairs. He had play sheets, statistics and monitors all around him. He even joked in September about the luxurious cheesecake he ate in the booth during the Seahawks’ opening game in Atlanta. That was the first, bombs-away, “Let Russ Cook” pass-heavy win in Seattle’s 5-0 start to the season, the best in franchise history.

It looked and felt and sounded like Carroll was hands-off, out of Schottenheimer’s space, literally. And the results were extraordinary for the Seahawks’ offense in September and October.

“He feels he is in great command of what’s going on,” Carroll said then of his offensive coordinator.

“He’s really comfortable with it and obviously it’s working out well. He and Russ are really hitting on all cylinders and so it’s a great start to that transition.”

The 69-year-old head coach is defensive mind. He was a college safety and an NFL defensive backs coach before becoming a defensive coordinator for the Jets and 49ers. There was no wondering where Carroll spent most of his influence: on Seattle’s defense. He always has. And when Schottenheimer’s offense were soaring in September and October, the defense was sinking. So that’s where Carroll was attending.

Then, the Seahawks flipped.

Over the latter half of the 2020 season opponents changed how they defended Wilson, Metcalf and the deep-passing game. Two-high-safety coverages stopped Seattle’s offense. Meanwhile, coordinator Ken Norton Jr.’s defense startlingly U-turned into allowing the fewest points in the league over the final seven games.

That Seahawks’ flip eventually flopped them out of the playoffs in the first round. Despite a 12-4 record, their first NFC West title and home playoff game in four years, they went one and done in the postseason. The fallout was Carroll firing Schottenheimer Jan. 11 after three seasons of him calling Seattle’s plays.

Carroll declared repeatedly the offense needed to “adapt better” to how defenses were playing them. The head man wanted—and for 2021, wants—Seattle to run the ball more.

“We need to run more with focus and direction and count on it a little bit differently than we did,” Carroll said this month..

“It isn’t going to be 50 runs a game. We’re not doing that. I don’t want to do that. I want to explode with a throwing game."

“But we need to dictate to the way we’re being played, and better, and see if we can do that. ...I want to see if we can run the ball more effectively to focus the play of the opponents and see if we can force them to do things like we’d like them to do more — like we have been able to do that in the past.”

CARROLL’S INVOLVEMENT

Carroll was attempting to shape Schottenheimer’s calls back in the spring, months before the 2020 season began. Carroll was forging plans to have Wilson throw the deep ball more often entering this past season.

“I would say, 100%, we’ve talked more about it,” Schottenheimer said in September after Wilson’s startling opener in Atlanta in which he threw all over the Falcons to win, including on a fourth and 5 for a touchdown to Metcalf.

“We started talking about it in the offseason, in terms of: ‘OK, hey, we’ve got a great player in Russ. We’ve got great weapons around him. ...’

“We’ve certainly had way more discussions this year about it.”

By November those plans had swung too far into too much deep passing for Carroll’s ways.

The most infamous example of Carroll getting involved in the offense’s play calls remains the most disastrous play call in Super Bowl history. Carroll saw New England bring in a heavy defensive front to stop Seattle’s run from the 1-yard line in the final seconds. So he instructed then-offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to substitute a spread formation and throw. Wilson’s pass on a slant intended for Ricardo Lock...

Well, you know the rest.

So much for Carroll being hands-off the offense.

Now after searching and interviewing for three weeks to replace Schottenheimer as his new play caller, Carroll has chosen Shane Waldron as Seattle’s new, first-time offensive coordinator. It’s a key hire, with Wilson heading to his 33rd birthday at what the quarterback this month called a “super-critical” stage of his career.

The perception around the league about Carroll’s role in the Seahawks’ offense has flipped. Just like their season did.

Does Carroll meddle too much in Seattle’s offense to attract the best play caller to steer Wilson for the final three seasons of his record, $140 million Seahawks contract?

It’s a fair question, after experienced former head coaches and play callers choose to take play-calling jobs elsewhere instead of working with Wilson in Seattle.

It’s a question put squarely into play by the decisive moment of the Seahawks’ last game.

‘COACH IS THE BOSS’

In the wild-card playoff game against the Rams Jan. 9, Los Angeles was throttling Wilson, Metcalf and Seattle’s deep-passing game again with two safeties deep. Schottenheimer wasn’t taking advantage of the deep defense with enough shorter, quicker passes and Chris Carson runs. The Seahawks were 0 for their first 8 on third downs, on their way to 2 for 14. Wilson was 7 for 18 passing for just 110 yards in the first three quarters. He had thrown a game-turning interception the Rams returned for a touchdown in the first half.

Early in the fourth quarter while down 23-13 Seattle lined up to go for it on fourth and 1 at midfield. It was after a long injury time out for rookie right guard Damien Lewis. Inexplicably following the extended time out, the Seahawks got out of the huddle with just 5 seconds remaining on the 40-second play clock. Wilson tried to rush the snap before a delay-of-game penalty. Half his offensive line moved, but center Ethan Pocic did not snap the ball. The false-start penalty made it fourth and 6. Carroll then decided to punt.

Seattle never got closer than that to coming back.

Carroll said after the game he “got involved” in Schottenheimer’s play call on that fourth and 1. Carroll eventually got the play he wanted; he won the argument with his play-caller as the head man and franchise’s highest football authority would. But it took all but 5 seconds of the play clock to get it. Carroll overruling his play caller caused the delay and ultimately confusion that led to the pre-snap penalty and Seattle’s essentially game-ending punt.

Those are season-, and job-, ending “philosophical differences,” as the team put it two days later when Carroll fired Schottenheimer.

To be clear: All head coaches get involved in fourth-down decisions, and to some extent his offensive coordinator’s most critical play calls at key moments in games.

And this is not new for Carroll with his coordinators in Seattle. He’s more renowned for being intricately involved in defense. But he’s always, in all 11 of his seasons as the Seahawks’ head coach, put his stamp on the offense’s game plan and preferred players to feature, as well. Usually, it’s been running backs and running the ball.

In November the Seahawks rallied from down 27-7 at Buffalo to within 27-20 early in the fourth quarter. Carroll told Norton to call an eight-man blitz to defending the Bills on a third and 16. Buffalo made a perfect call against it: a quick wide-receiver screen. Five Bills blockers were against two Seahawks.

Wide receiver John Brown ran 33 yards behind that unchallenged wall, to the 2-yard line. Buffalo then scored the touchdown that put it back up two scores. Game over.

“I made, contributed, a call that they hit the screen on,” Carroll said after the 44-34 loss, the most points allowed by one of his Seahawks defenses.

How many times is Carroll involved in Norton’s play calls during games?

“For years. For years I’ve been involved,” Carroll said. “There’s no how many. I don’t know how many. It’s just whenever, you know. It’s an ongoing conversation."

“I’ve been doing that for years."

” Days later, Norton detailed how into the coordinators’ stuff Carroll is—not as a complaint, as a normal course of Seahawks business."

“As far as the game plan goes, it’s a collaboration,” Norton said in November. “We all sit down and watch the film. We talk through all the stats, and watch through everything that we do as far as the game plan. We look through all the games (films), and things like that. The entire staff sits down and talks through all the different things that we think that we can do.

“As far as calling the plays, I’m the initial caller. Coach is the boss."

” A head coach having final say on his coordinators’ calls isn’t novel to Carroll and the Seahawks. But the way the 2020 season went down—way down—for Wilson and the offense while Carroll and Schottenheimer slammed into each other’s “philosophical differences” likely sent warning signs to the league’s coaching fraternity.

WILLING TO YIELD?

Seattle was not the place in 2021 for an established play caller with his own, proven way to run offenses. Such an experienced coach likely would not be as willing to yield to Carroll’s mandate to run more so Wilson can pass more easily in 2021.

That’s why Schottenheimer’s no longer here.

Consider what became of the offensive coordinators Carroll was widely reported to have considered for the Seahawks’ job, although who knows how strongly (leaks about coaching interviews this time of every NFL year are often from agents seeking to drive up at least the perception of interest and leverage of their client between multiple teams):

- Carroll sought this month to replace Schottenheimer with former Eagles Super Bowl-winning head coach Doug Pederson from Ferndale, then also-recently fired head man Anthony Lynn (by the Chargers). Pederson told the Philadelphia Inquirer last week he’s likely to remain out of football in 2021 then reassess his options. Lynn agreed to become the Lions’ offensive coordinator for a new, first-time head coach (Dan Campbell) in Detroit instead for Seattle on Sunday night, according to NFL reporter Josina Anderson.

- Shane Steichen, Lynn’s offensive coordinator for the Chargers the last two seasons, was believed to be another early candidate of Carroll’s for Seattle’s OC job. Steichen agreed this past weekend to be Philadelphia’s new coordinator. Like Lynn, Steichen chose to work with a first-time head coach in fellow ex-Chargers assistant Nick Sirianni, Pederson’s replacement with the Eagles—and not with Super Bowl-winning Carroll in Seattle.

- Joe Lombardi, the Lions’ offensive coordinator in 2014 and half of the ‘15 season and more recently Drew Brees’ quarterbacks coach with the New Orleans Saints, also chose a first-time head coach over Carroll. Lombardi spoke for the first time Tuesday as the new OC for the Los Angeles Chargers. The Chargers’ new coach, replacing Lynn, is Brandon Staley.

Staley was the Rams’ defensive coordinator in 2020. He became an NFL assistant for the first time only in 2017, as a linebackers coach. He was a coordinator for just one year.

Yet Lombardi chose to run Staley’s instead of Carroll’s offense—the way Carroll wants it run, that is.

What was left for Seattle? A former NFL head coach just fired weeks ago that few saw as a fit. Plus, four candidates from other teams that all have no play-calling experience in the league, and at least one internal candidate from Carroll’s staff.

Carroll reportedly talked to, or wanted to talk to:

- Raiders running backs coach Kirby Wilson, 59. Carroll has hired him twice before: as a running-backs coach for New England and a wide-receivers coach at USC.

- Waldron. At least L.A. coach Sean McVay let him call plays during 2019 preseason games.

- Buffalo quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey. He’s helped shape Josh Allen into a star in two years as the Bills’ prized quarterback.

- Adam Gase. The Dolphins fired him and the Jets (this month) fired him as their head coach. The Seahawks annihilated Manning’s and Gase’s record-setting offense in Super Bowl 48 at the end of the 2013 season, when Gase was Denver’s coordinator. Gase’ record in the NFL without Manning as his QB — that is, as the 2015 Chicago Bears’ offensive coordinator then leading the Jets and Dolphins: 38 wins, 58 losses. The Seahawks have faced a Gase-led offense and team three times over the last eight seasons. Seattle has won all three of those meetings by a combined score of 95-21. Next...

- Mike Kafka. The quarterbacks coach for Patrick Mahomes and Super Bowl-bound Kansas City would presumably have been a welcomed addition for Russell Wilson. Wilson marvels at Mahomes’ freedom and creativity in the Chiefs’ offense. There’s been one report from CBS Sports that Kafka has decided to remain in K.C. Kafka is considered a coordinator-in-waiting for the Chiefs, when or if play caller Eric Bieniemy leaves Kansas City and gets a head-coaching job. Houston this past week filled the only NFL head job still open, a day before Carroll decided on Waldron. So it appears Bieniemy will be staying with the Chiefs—and Kafka will be staying as Bieniemy’s and Andy Reid’s QBs coach in K.C.

- Dave Canales was Carroll’s wide-receivers coach with the Seahawks for seven years. Then Canales was Wilson’s quarterbacks coach for two. In 2020 Canales got the new title of Seattle’s passing-game coordinator. He’s 39. He’s been with Carroll since 2009, their final year at USC before Carroll brought Canales with him to run the Seahawks in January 2010.

Of all those, Canales would have been be the one who would have no problem with how Carroll wanted to run the ball, the offense, calls on fourth downs, anything on offense.
Which may be what Carroll’s been seeking all along.

As Norton said in November about Carroll’s involvement on at least his coordinator job: “He always has certain things that he wants me to call.”

This story was originally published January 26, 2021 11:11 AM. GREGG BELL Gregg Bell is the Seahawks and NFL writer for The News Tribune. In January 2019 he was named the Washington state sportswriter of the year by the National Sports Media Association. He started covering the NFL in 2002 as the Oakland Raiders beat writer for The Sacramento Bee. The Ohio native began covering the Seahawks in their first Super Bowl season of 2005. In a prior life he graduated from West Point and served as a tactical intelligence officer in the U.S. Army, so he may ask you to drop and give him 10.

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... rylink=cpy

GO HAWKS!

JayhawkMike

Reaction score
Curious if maybe Hurtt was one of the only DCs willing to work with PC after that article.

And really, a newly promoted employee isn’t going to say anything that will rock the boat.

Time will tell but if we are giving 10 yard cushions and our time of possession is sooooooo lopsided again then to all but the blindest that the DC is just a puppet.

John63

Reaction score
Celtic Wolff":2q17dq71 said:
There seemed to be a problem with the link. Here is the Gregg Bell Article - The News Tribune:

The Seahawks were rolling on offense early this past season. Russell Wilson was a leading candidate for NFL MVP. DK Metcalf was leading the football world in yards receiving.

People wondered aloud what role Pete Carroll had on Seattle’s offense.

If any. Heck, he had even sent his offensive play caller away into his own realm to do his thing, away from the head coach.

At the start of the 2020 season, Carroll had sent Brian Schottenheimer from the sidelines where he’d been calling plays his first two seasons as Seattle’s offensive coordinator upstairs to the coaches’ booth during games. Carroll remembered the benefits he got as San Francisco’s defensive coordinator in 1995-96 from calling games from upstairs.

The new arrangement gave Schottenheimer his own kingdom upstairs. He had play sheets, statistics and monitors all around him. He even joked in September about the luxurious cheesecake he ate in the booth during the Seahawks’ opening game in Atlanta. That was the first, bombs-away, “Let Russ Cook” pass-heavy win in Seattle’s 5-0 start to the season, the best in franchise history.

It looked and felt and sounded like Carroll was hands-off, out of Schottenheimer’s space, literally. And the results were extraordinary for the Seahawks’ offense in September and October.

“He feels he is in great command of what’s going on,” Carroll said then of his offensive coordinator.

“He’s really comfortable with it and obviously it’s working out well. He and Russ are really hitting on all cylinders and so it’s a great start to that transition.”

The 69-year-old head coach is defensive mind. He was a college safety and an NFL defensive backs coach before becoming a defensive coordinator for the Jets and 49ers. There was no wondering where Carroll spent most of his influence: on Seattle’s defense. He always has. And when Schottenheimer’s offense were soaring in September and October, the defense was sinking. So that’s where Carroll was attending.

Then, the Seahawks flipped.

Over the latter half of the 2020 season opponents changed how they defended Wilson, Metcalf and the deep-passing game. Two-high-safety coverages stopped Seattle’s offense. Meanwhile, coordinator Ken Norton Jr.’s defense startlingly U-turned into allowing the fewest points in the league over the final seven games.

That Seahawks’ flip eventually flopped them out of the playoffs in the first round. Despite a 12-4 record, their first NFC West title and home playoff game in four years, they went one and done in the postseason. The fallout was Carroll firing Schottenheimer Jan. 11 after three seasons of him calling Seattle’s plays.

Carroll declared repeatedly the offense needed to “adapt better” to how defenses were playing them. The head man wanted—and for 2021, wants—Seattle to run the ball more.

“We need to run more with focus and direction and count on it a little bit differently than we did,” Carroll said this month..

“It isn’t going to be 50 runs a game. We’re not doing that. I don’t want to do that. I want to explode with a throwing game."

“But we need to dictate to the way we’re being played, and better, and see if we can do that. ...I want to see if we can run the ball more effectively to focus the play of the opponents and see if we can force them to do things like we’d like them to do more — like we have been able to do that in the past.”

CARROLL’S INVOLVEMENT

Carroll was attempting to shape Schottenheimer’s calls back in the spring, months before the 2020 season began. Carroll was forging plans to have Wilson throw the deep ball more often entering this past season.

“I would say, 100%, we’ve talked more about it,” Schottenheimer said in September after Wilson’s startling opener in Atlanta in which he threw all over the Falcons to win, including on a fourth and 5 for a touchdown to Metcalf.

“We started talking about it in the offseason, in terms of: ‘OK, hey, we’ve got a great player in Russ. We’ve got great weapons around him. ...’

“We’ve certainly had way more discussions this year about it.”

By November those plans had swung too far into too much deep passing for Carroll’s ways.

The most infamous example of Carroll getting involved in the offense’s play calls remains the most disastrous play call in Super Bowl history. Carroll saw New England bring in a heavy defensive front to stop Seattle’s run from the 1-yard line in the final seconds. So he instructed then-offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell to substitute a spread formation and throw. Wilson’s pass on a slant intended for Ricardo Lock...

Well, you know the rest.

So much for Carroll being hands-off the offense.

Now after searching and interviewing for three weeks to replace Schottenheimer as his new play caller, Carroll has chosen Shane Waldron as Seattle’s new, first-time offensive coordinator. It’s a key hire, with Wilson heading to his 33rd birthday at what the quarterback this month called a “super-critical” stage of his career.

The perception around the league about Carroll’s role in the Seahawks’ offense has flipped. Just like their season did.

Does Carroll meddle too much in Seattle’s offense to attract the best play caller to steer Wilson for the final three seasons of his record, $140 million Seahawks contract?

It’s a fair question, after experienced former head coaches and play callers choose to take play-calling jobs elsewhere instead of working with Wilson in Seattle.

It’s a question put squarely into play by the decisive moment of the Seahawks’ last game.

‘COACH IS THE BOSS’

In the wild-card playoff game against the Rams Jan. 9, Los Angeles was throttling Wilson, Metcalf and Seattle’s deep-passing game again with two safeties deep. Schottenheimer wasn’t taking advantage of the deep defense with enough shorter, quicker passes and Chris Carson runs. The Seahawks were 0 for their first 8 on third downs, on their way to 2 for 14. Wilson was 7 for 18 passing for just 110 yards in the first three quarters. He had thrown a game-turning interception the Rams returned for a touchdown in the first half.

Early in the fourth quarter while down 23-13 Seattle lined up to go for it on fourth and 1 at midfield. It was after a long injury time out for rookie right guard Damien Lewis. Inexplicably following the extended time out, the Seahawks got out of the huddle with just 5 seconds remaining on the 40-second play clock. Wilson tried to rush the snap before a delay-of-game penalty. Half his offensive line moved, but center Ethan Pocic did not snap the ball. The false-start penalty made it fourth and 6. Carroll then decided to punt.

Seattle never got closer than that to coming back.

Carroll said after the game he “got involved” in Schottenheimer’s play call on that fourth and 1. Carroll eventually got the play he wanted; he won the argument with his play-caller as the head man and franchise’s highest football authority would. But it took all but 5 seconds of the play clock to get it. Carroll overruling his play caller caused the delay and ultimately confusion that led to the pre-snap penalty and Seattle’s essentially game-ending punt.

Those are season-, and job-, ending “philosophical differences,” as the team put it two days later when Carroll fired Schottenheimer.

To be clear: All head coaches get involved in fourth-down decisions, and to some extent his offensive coordinator’s most critical play calls at key moments in games.

And this is not new for Carroll with his coordinators in Seattle. He’s more renowned for being intricately involved in defense. But he’s always, in all 11 of his seasons as the Seahawks’ head coach, put his stamp on the offense’s game plan and preferred players to feature, as well. Usually, it’s been running backs and running the ball.

In November the Seahawks rallied from down 27-7 at Buffalo to within 27-20 early in the fourth quarter. Carroll told Norton to call an eight-man blitz to defending the Bills on a third and 16. Buffalo made a perfect call against it: a quick wide-receiver screen. Five Bills blockers were against two Seahawks.

Wide receiver John Brown ran 33 yards behind that unchallenged wall, to the 2-yard line. Buffalo then scored the touchdown that put it back up two scores. Game over.

“I made, contributed, a call that they hit the screen on,” Carroll said after the 44-34 loss, the most points allowed by one of his Seahawks defenses.

How many times is Carroll involved in Norton’s play calls during games?

“For years. For years I’ve been involved,” Carroll said. “There’s no how many. I don’t know how many. It’s just whenever, you know. It’s an ongoing conversation."

“I’ve been doing that for years."

” Days later, Norton detailed how into the coordinators’ stuff Carroll is—not as a complaint, as a normal course of Seahawks business."

“As far as the game plan goes, it’s a collaboration,” Norton said in November. “We all sit down and watch the film. We talk through all the stats, and watch through everything that we do as far as the game plan. We look through all the games (films), and things like that. The entire staff sits down and talks through all the different things that we think that we can do.

“As far as calling the plays, I’m the initial caller. Coach is the boss."

” A head coach having final say on his coordinators’ calls isn’t novel to Carroll and the Seahawks. But the way the 2020 season went down—way down—for Wilson and the offense while Carroll and Schottenheimer slammed into each other’s “philosophical differences” likely sent warning signs to the league’s coaching fraternity.

WILLING TO YIELD?

Seattle was not the place in 2021 for an established play caller with his own, proven way to run offenses. Such an experienced coach likely would not be as willing to yield to Carroll’s mandate to run more so Wilson can pass more easily in 2021.

That’s why Schottenheimer’s no longer here.

Consider what became of the offensive coordinators Carroll was widely reported to have considered for the Seahawks’ job, although who knows how strongly (leaks about coaching interviews this time of every NFL year are often from agents seeking to drive up at least the perception of interest and leverage of their client between multiple teams):

- Carroll sought this month to replace Schottenheimer with former Eagles Super Bowl-winning head coach Doug Pederson from Ferndale, then also-recently fired head man Anthony Lynn (by the Chargers). Pederson told the Philadelphia Inquirer last week he’s likely to remain out of football in 2021 then reassess his options. Lynn agreed to become the Lions’ offensive coordinator for a new, first-time head coach (Dan Campbell) in Detroit instead for Seattle on Sunday night, according to NFL reporter Josina Anderson.

- Shane Steichen, Lynn’s offensive coordinator for the Chargers the last two seasons, was believed to be another early candidate of Carroll’s for Seattle’s OC job. Steichen agreed this past weekend to be Philadelphia’s new coordinator. Like Lynn, Steichen chose to work with a first-time head coach in fellow ex-Chargers assistant Nick Sirianni, Pederson’s replacement with the Eagles—and not with Super Bowl-winning Carroll in Seattle.

- Joe Lombardi, the Lions’ offensive coordinator in 2014 and half of the ‘15 season and more recently Drew Brees’ quarterbacks coach with the New Orleans Saints, also chose a first-time head coach over Carroll. Lombardi spoke for the first time Tuesday as the new OC for the Los Angeles Chargers. The Chargers’ new coach, replacing Lynn, is Brandon Staley.

Staley was the Rams’ defensive coordinator in 2020. He became an NFL assistant for the first time only in 2017, as a linebackers coach. He was a coordinator for just one year.

Yet Lombardi chose to run Staley’s instead of Carroll’s offense—the way Carroll wants it run, that is.

What was left for Seattle? A former NFL head coach just fired weeks ago that few saw as a fit. Plus, four candidates from other teams that all have no play-calling experience in the league, and at least one internal candidate from Carroll’s staff.

Carroll reportedly talked to, or wanted to talk to:

- Raiders running backs coach Kirby Wilson, 59. Carroll has hired him twice before: as a running-backs coach for New England and a wide-receivers coach at USC.

- Waldron. At least L.A. coach Sean McVay let him call plays during 2019 preseason games.

- Buffalo quarterbacks coach Ken Dorsey. He’s helped shape Josh Allen into a star in two years as the Bills’ prized quarterback.

- Adam Gase. The Dolphins fired him and the Jets (this month) fired him as their head coach. The Seahawks annihilated Manning’s and Gase’s record-setting offense in Super Bowl 48 at the end of the 2013 season, when Gase was Denver’s coordinator. Gase’ record in the NFL without Manning as his QB — that is, as the 2015 Chicago Bears’ offensive coordinator then leading the Jets and Dolphins: 38 wins, 58 losses. The Seahawks have faced a Gase-led offense and team three times over the last eight seasons. Seattle has won all three of those meetings by a combined score of 95-21. Next...

- Mike Kafka. The quarterbacks coach for Patrick Mahomes and Super Bowl-bound Kansas City would presumably have been a welcomed addition for Russell Wilson. Wilson marvels at Mahomes’ freedom and creativity in the Chiefs’ offense. There’s been one report from CBS Sports that Kafka has decided to remain in K.C. Kafka is considered a coordinator-in-waiting for the Chiefs, when or if play caller Eric Bieniemy leaves Kansas City and gets a head-coaching job. Houston this past week filled the only NFL head job still open, a day before Carroll decided on Waldron. So it appears Bieniemy will be staying with the Chiefs—and Kafka will be staying as Bieniemy’s and Andy Reid’s QBs coach in K.C.

- Dave Canales was Carroll’s wide-receivers coach with the Seahawks for seven years. Then Canales was Wilson’s quarterbacks coach for two. In 2020 Canales got the new title of Seattle’s passing-game coordinator. He’s 39. He’s been with Carroll since 2009, their final year at USC before Carroll brought Canales with him to run the Seahawks in January 2010.

Of all those, Canales would have been be the one who would have no problem with how Carroll wanted to run the ball, the offense, calls on fourth downs, anything on offense.
Which may be what Carroll’s been seeking all along.

As Norton said in November about Carroll’s involvement on at least his coordinator job: “He always has certain things that he wants me to call.”

This story was originally published January 26, 2021 11:11 AM. GREGG BELL Gregg Bell is the Seahawks and NFL writer for The News Tribune. In January 2019 he was named the Washington state sportswriter of the year by the National Sports Media Association. He started covering the NFL in 2002 as the Oakland Raiders beat writer for The Sacramento Bee. The Ohio native began covering the Seahawks in their first Super Bowl season of 2005. In a prior life he graduated from West Point and served as a tactical intelligence officer in the U.S. Army, so he may ask you to drop and give him 10.

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/sports/n ... rylink=cpy

GO HAWKS!

Game over... so now we actually have more yes men and PC definitely not only got involved but was responsible for some of the worst play calls in our history in Seattle.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":c1hp9usx said:
Game over... so now we actually have more yes men and PC definitely not only got involved but was responsible for some of the worst play calls in our history in Seattle.
AND he's also "RESPONSIBLE" for CONSTRUCTING one of the all-time BEST DEFENSES in NFL History, & WITHOUT that Defense, the Seahawks would NOT HAVE IT'S FIRST EVER LOMBARDI....I mean 43 to 8 against one of the most prolific Quarterbacks of that era.
And sorry John, but WITHOUT PETE'S 'MEDLING' WITH THE DEFENSIVE CALLS, & MARSHAWN LYNCH? Russell Willson wouldn't be sporting that SUPER BOWL RING EITHER.
:snack: Tail Goes With The Hyde, does it not?

Chawker

Reaction score
I believe in this thread, yes... yes I do !

But, it needs to be spelled correctly. Between Hurtt and wipes needs to have the words "WAS TOLD TO" injected. :vodka:

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Chawker":5vx4w9j6 said:
I believe in this thread, yes... yes I do !

But, it needs to be spelled correctly. Between Hurtt and wipes needs to have the words "WAS TOLD TO" injected. :vodka:

That's not spelling, though. That has nothing to do with spelling. That's just changing the sentence, my guy.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If you're going to reply to yourself while saying the same thing, you could at least unquote the enormous post you quoted in the other reply.

John63

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":9wa7yq0f said:
If you're going to reply to yourself while saying the same thing, you could at least unquote the enormous post you quoted in the other reply.

No, I am going to continue to point out the facts until you and your brethren get it through your heads. Kind of like how you continue to try to spread the same BS hopeing people will just start believing it. The only difference is I am stating the facts while you are spreading manure.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
John63":2cvpzq90 said:
Maelstrom787":2cvpzq90 said:

No, I am going to continue to point out the facts until you and your brethren get it through your heads. Kind of like how you continue to try to spread the same BS hopeing people will just start believing it. The only difference is I am stating the facts while you are spreading manure.
You want "FACTS" that only fit YOUR narrative, but the TRUT IS, you're not being honest nor getting to the REAL "FACTS"... We don't win Super Bowl 48 WITHOUT PETES' LOB P-E-R-I-O-D and THAT IS AN ABSOLUTE F-A-C-T"

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
John63":16ie9dby said:
Maelstrom787":16ie9dby said:

You're spreading stats that you haven't even taken the time to read the definitions of.

Big difference, dude. Spamming the same exact statement in response to yourself has nothing to do with what you think are "facts."