Carroll pleased with roster upgrade

Hawknight

Reaction score
ESPN
By Terry Blount | ESPN.com
9/3/13

http://espn.go.com/blog/seattle-seahawk ... er-upgrade

The Seattle Seahawks have 17 players on their 53-man roster who were not part of the team that won 11 regular-season games last year. That seems a little unusual for a playoff team, but coach Pete Carroll is pleased with his squad.

“It’s just exciting they could find guys who could help us upgrade at key spots,’’ Carroll said. “We’re all about guys competing and earning their way. They earned their spots. Hopefully it makes us a little better.”

Carroll said" the final roster cuts over the weekend were the toughest of his career. "

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
To be fair, it's not like he is going to say he ISN'T pleased lol.

But I do get a sense that they really like what they have now, other than DT....

OP
OP
Hawknight

Hawknight

Reaction score
McGruff":32oo8sqy said:
More great breaking news and insight for Terry Blount.

Is it me, or, is anyone else not that impressed by this guy? :pukeface: I haven't been on much this summer, but I was in the chat with him last week and it made me miss Mike Sando, extremely so.

Cartire

Reaction score
He's horrible. I gave him his 2 week buffer. He failed.

He puts out one article for every 3 Sando and Nick do.

His articles are all rehashed information we all have already known for 24 hours.

:sarcasm_on: Its as if he has been covering Nascar for the last 15 years and all of a sudden is the best candidate for an NFL blog (as if there isnt 100's of interns and college grads that arent screaming for a job). :sarcasm_off:

NurBOCA

Reaction score
blount is not bad, just very very meh. vanilla icecream and no stats. just all fluff pieces

Cartire

Reaction score
NurBOCA":1xhb58m1 said:
blount is not bad, just very very meh. vanilla icecream and no stats. just all fluff pieces

....but thats bad. Hence.....

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
NurBOCA":kwob1nyg said:
You do understand the concept of an oxymoron right? You just wrote the whole sentence version of an oxymoron.

Subzero717

Reaction score
He is a Nascar blogger covering a football team. Its not his fault. He was put in a position to fail.

NurBOCA

Reaction score
SalishHawkFan":q9g261u1 said:
NurBOCA":q9g261u1 said:
You do understand the concept of an oxymoron right? You just wrote the whole sentence version of an oxymoron.

but he not prisco what im saying

Cartire

Reaction score
NurBOCA":3etlw933 said:
SalishHawkFan":3etlw933 said:
NurBOCA":3etlw933 said:

but he not prisco what im saying

Sure, hes not an ahole. Im guessing a nice guy. But that doesnt translate into provocative writing.

themunn

Reaction score
I can only count 16, unless they're counting Harvin, but that would be the only PUP player they're talking about (the players they replaced (roughly) from last year are in brackets)

Jackson (Flynn)
Coleman (Robinson)
Ware (Washington)
Michael (Butler/Obomanu)
Williams (McGrath/Morrah)
Willson (McCoy)
Bailey (Rishaw Johnson/Carpenter)
Bowie (Omiyale)
Avril (Chukwurah/Clemons)
Bennett (Jaye Howard/Jason Jones)
Hill (Branch)
Mayowa (Trufant)
McDaniel (Guy)
D'Anthony Smith (Moffit)
Lotulelei (Hill)
Schofield (Shead)

The guys in brackets with two names are the players that ended the season on the roster, but only because the other guys on the roster went on IR (roughly)

I look at that and aside from Robinson leaving every single one of the 16 is an immediate upgrade over what we had last year, albeit some players are obviously not replacing the players that left, as we don't have any new DBs on the team, but Guy, Trufant and Shead are all gone. And then you've got to consider the fact that Irvin is yet to come back. This team is so good everywhere.

Cartire

Reaction score
themunn":2udvakyn said:
I can only count 16, unless they're counting Harvin, but that would be the only PUP player they're talking about (the players they replaced (roughly) from last year are in brackets)

Jackson (Flynn)
Coleman (Robinson)
Ware (Washington)
Michael (Butler/Obomanu)
Williams (McGrath/Morrah)
Willson (McCoy)
Bailey (Rishaw Johnson/Carpenter)
Bowie (Omiyale)
Avril (Chukwurah/Clemons)
Bennett (Jaye Howard/Jason Jones)
Hill (Branch)
Mayowa (Trufant)
McDaniel (Guy)
D'Anthony Smith (Moffit)
Lotulelei (Hill)
Schofield (Shead)

The guys in brackets with two names are the players that ended the season on the roster, but only because the other guys on the roster went on IR (roughly)

I look at that and aside from Robinson leaving every single one of the 16 is an immediate upgrade over what we had last year, albeit some players are obviously not replacing the players that left, as we don't have any new DBs on the team, but Guy, Trufant and Shead are all gone. And then you've got to consider the fact that Irvin is yet to come back. This team is so good everywhere.

I can agree with most. I would have to say, until i see otherwise though (being that Harvin is out), I think getting Washington back would help tremendously. I have seen nothing to make me think he wouldnt continue getting us good starting field position.

I know we have seen some flashes this preseason, but nothing can be determined as consistency yet. Washington has that.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Blount is a bad writer.

I gave him a pass for the poor grammar in his chat, but his articles are also very poorly written. This dude would get a 'C' in college English, and this is even with professional editors at his disposal! There are multiple people on this forum who could do the job better.

Cartire

Reaction score
DavidSeven":lrc96h1f said:
Blount is a bad writer.

I gave him a pass for the poor grammar in his chat, but his articles are also very poorly written. This dude would get a 'C' in college English, and this is even with professional editors at his disposal! There are multiple people on this forum who could do the job better.

I dont think the ESPN blogs have editors. I think they should, but its extremely apparent that these guys are given permission to post the instant they write. The sports reporting world has turned into a "who can report it first", not, "who can report it best". Some still keep their standards high, but most of them have glaring typo's and poor Grammar. Like me, but I dont get paid to post this.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wait just a minute, Pete was upbeat and pleased about his roster moves? NO way.

I'll be pleased if his risky roster moves pan out. I understand that Winfield and Robinson didn't perform well in the pre-season or camp, but these veterans that are a PROVEN commodity in the NFL.

It's risky as hell to trust Ware and Thurmond with their positions........especially Thurmond who hasn't proven that he can stay healthy in three years.

I understand the moves, but both moves make me nervous.