Bennett, Kam out for week 8

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
PC also suggested the return date for Rawls as being 'two weeks' - which would be @Patriots on Nov 13.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Can we trade a draft pick for another bye week? This is getting ridiculous.

seabowl

Reaction score
Injuries piling up due to OL woes. Russ (obvious), Bennett (speculating he was overworked last game), etc...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Ahgawdamiit.

I may have to change my fearless pick. I don't like the idea of a shootout game with Brees in the Super Dome. Having Kam out was a bit of a loss but now Kam AND Bennett?

I know, next man up and all that but between injuries and an exhausted D from last Sunday night...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Exactly.

This isn't being 'snake-bitten'. It isn't just weird bad luck.

This is what happens when not only do you drive your best defenders for 5 quarters solid, giving them less rest than normal, but you likely forced the # of snaps per quarter they endured way-way up.

Let's just pray this is something we can come back from. Bennett and Wilson being healthy NEXT year is starting to look like the goal here. While it would be great to have them at 100% this year, I am just hoping we don't do damage that bites us next year.

The scary part is that we haven't even gotten to the difficult part of our schedule yet.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
R-E-L-A-X

even without these guys, if we can get an offensive line working, we still have more talent than most teams in the league.

Nobody is running away with the NFC yet.

Also please don't use the word "Snake Bit" to describe a team that has been to the playoffs and won a game for the past four season, been to two superbowls with a trophy in that span and have fielded a historically good defense and a starting Franchise QB who hasn't missed a game in his career.

Calling us "Snake bit" is an insult to

Chargers
Browns
Bengals
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Jets
Lions

Fans

Blitzer88

Reaction score
This is devastating, especially against Brees this week and if Bennett is out an extended period time we are in trouble.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I cannot claim with any honesty that I am disappointed that Cam and Bennett will not be playing. The Saints need this win badly and are not out of the running in the NFC South. I can, although, sympathize with the injuries as fans. The Saints defense has been decimated since the beginning of the season with injuries. No fewer than five projected starters were lost for extended periods near the very beginning of the season. Two (#1 draft pick DT Sheldon Rankins and top CB Delvin Breaux) should be returning very soon. The one positive is that the very young players on that side of the ball have been getting valuable experience and some have been looking very good.

Jville

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":2ppdl8k6 said:
I cannot claim with any honesty that I am disappointed that Cam and Bennett will not be playing. The Saints need this win badly and are not out of the running in the NFC South. I can, although, sympathize with the injuries as fans. The Saints defense has been decimated since the beginning of the season with injuries. No fewer than five projected starters were lost for extended periods near the very beginning of the season. Two (#1 draft pick DT Sheldon Rankins and top CB Delvin Breaux) should be returning very soon. The one positive is that the very young players on that side of the ball have been getting valuable experience and some have been looking very good.

Injuries do indeed open up opportunities for others. Kelcie McCray has played well in relief of Kam Chancellor. Tyvis Powell will fill in for DeAndre Elliott. Frank Clark and Cassius Marsh will see more snaps with Bennett out. And, we will be treated to our first look at Malliciah Goodman as a Seahawk.

Good to read that Max Unger has worked out well for the Saints ..... (On former Seahawks center Max Unger’s role with the Saints…) “Max has been as good as I ever could have imagined. Not only just his production, but his leadership ability and his toughness and the presence that he brings to the locker room and to that offensive line room and to our team. He’s tremendous. He was voted a captain this year and that was an easy decision, easy choice, because he represents everything that you would want in a captain." -- Drew Brees [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/27/what-new-orleans-saints-are-saying-about-seattle-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the seahawks will still win. They aren't playing with 9 guys on defense.

The two backups that will be playing for bennett and kam are probably better than the Saint's designated starters going into the season.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Jville":1tpw8ehk said:
AsylumGuido":1tpw8ehk said:

Injuries do indeed open up opportunities for others. Kelcie McCray has played well in relief of Kam Chancellor. Tyvis Powell will fill in for DeAndre Elliott. Frank Clark and Cassius Marsh will see more snaps with Bennett out. And, we will be treated to our first look at Malliciah Goodman as a Seahawk.

Good to read that Max Unger has worked out well for the Saints ..... (On former Seahawks center Max Unger’s role with the Saints…) “Max has been as good as I ever could have imagined. Not only just his production, but his leadership ability and his toughness and the presence that he brings to the locker room and to that offensive line room and to our team. He’s tremendous. He was voted a captain this year and that was an easy decision, easy choice, because he represents everything that you would want in a captain." -- Drew Brees [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/2016/10/27/what-new-orleans-saints-are-saying-about-seattle-seahawks[/urltargetblank]

Unger has been a rock.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
Hawknballs":135hku9b said:
the seahawks will still win. They aren't playing with 9 guys on defense.

The two backups that will be playing for bennett and kam are probably better than the Saint's designated starters going into the season.

That may be possible. I mean the part about the backups.

;)

Seanhawk

Reaction score
AsylumGuido":1d4txnn6 said:
Jville":1d4txnn6 said:
AsylumGuido":1d4txnn6 said:

Unger has been a rock.

Has that rock figured out the shotgun snap yet?

Mojambo

Reaction score
Big injury, but other teams have had it a lot worse than us. Minnesota (cough)

This would be a great time for Frank Clark to become the all-pro many of us think he is destined to become.

WindCityHawk

Reaction score
Time for the new stars to reveal themselves. Frank Clark, I'm looking at you.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Our team is beginning to resemble the 2015 Packers in the number and severity of injuries. We would lay waste to this league if we were healthy,... sucks!

Hawks46

Reaction score
Aros":355ieaj9 said:
Ahgawdamiit.

I may have to change my fearless pick. I don't like the idea of a shootout game with Brees in the Super Dome. Having Kam out was a bit of a loss but now Kam AND Bennett?

I know, next man up and all that but between injuries and an exhausted D from last Sunday night...

I almost changed my pick when I heard about Bennett, but I'm not too worried about Kam. From a leadership and formation stand point, he's invaluable. I actually like McCray in there a little better against a fast NO offense. McCray is much faster than Kam is.