Bad Games Happen, But.....

OP
OP
Fade

Fade

Reaction score
Oh yeah that unsportsmanlike penalty with Pete running onto the field was a doozie. Lololllz :D

seedhawk

Reaction score
sutz said:
On a game like today's, everybody gets to beat their favorite dead horse.[/quote

Pete is a dead horse, and needs to be beaten to hell and back after today's game. Hawks got outplayed and outcoached all day long, When do we put a stop to the misery? OC is miserable because of pete. DC is just plain miserable, yet good ole pete refuses to change. Time has come for a new regime. The NFL is all about what have you done for me now, NOT what you did 6 years ago.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1to36ufa said:
sutz":1to36ufa said:
On a game like today's, everybody gets to beat their favorite dead horse.

...and it won't stop until Tuesday night!!!!!
This is what happened, Carroll thought his soft zones would be enough to stymie Bridgewater and his awesome run game would control the game.

Oh wait, it didn’t affect Bridgewater and the Saints controlled the clock...

No adjustments were made to alleviate.

When you don’t decide to change after you’ve been figured out, you’re just asking for more frustrations that are self inflicted.

But Carroll as always will downplay his errors and say things like, “We battled and battled...”

People want to see change not “we battled and battled” on self inflicted wounds playing from behind...

Just terrible.

The times have passed Carroll and he continues to make egregious errors in time management and effective play calling.

Just absolutely pitiful.

Elemas

Reaction score
I don't think it's an overreaction and we're 2-1 so we'll be ok. The concern is justified...for all the reasons in this post plus the things you saw today (poor tackling, bonehead mistakes, etc..).

The Hawks are supposed to win against a bad Bengals team (with no AJ Green). They are supposed to win games against questionable teams like Pitt...who subsequently lost Big Ben during the course of the game. They are supposed to win against a Brees-less NO team..

If the quality of play resembles anything like we've seen thus far, it's going to be a long season. From playcalling, to DB play and Carson's fumbles, things need to be shored up quick or 9-7 (maybe worse??) is the reality.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Bad games happen just like bad bounces happen. This certainly happened today. But a bunch of the other "ish" that led to the loss was very controllable, and controlled it was not. If it isn't fixed it's going to be a long and disappointing season.

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Such doom and gloom. What’s the call this time, not enough passing, not enough running, Russ is slow, coaches suck, Pete has no idea how the game is played. The game was lost on two plays a punt return and a defensive score. This game was never going to be easy yet some here think they were supposed to play perfect and roll them. 500 plus yards and an actual yet slim chance to win right down to the last seconds. No one with a sound mind thought this years team was going to run the table or go 3-0 for that matter, the Hawks are 2-1 and Russ is damn near perfect on the year. It will be OK

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll take it with Pete taking responsibility, somedays you are just on the wrong side of things, it starts with Pete but down stream there is a shit load of issues with other Coaches and players that need to be held equally accountable and rectified.

Admission though is a good start to rectify it quickly.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
They clearly had a plan for Kamara. But the defense tackled like a bunch of preschoolers who'd just learned about the game of football. Kamara is really, really good, but he's not that good. Kendricks, in particular, needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Tusc2000

Reaction score
seedhawk":3n4el9qj said:
sutz":3n4el9qj said:
On a game like today's, everybody gets to beat their favorite dead horse.[/quote

Pete is a dead horse, and needs to be beaten to hell and back after today's game. Hawks got outplayed and outcoached all day long, When do we put a stop to the misery? OC is miserable because of pete. DC is just plain miserable, yet good ole pete refuses to change. Time has come for a new regime. The NFL is all about what have you done for me now, NOT what you did 6 years ago.

Shoo, dude. You're just being a pest. And you're boring.

LTH

Reaction score
mistaowen":3mgfvef4 said:
LTH":3mgfvef4 said:
Here we are 2-1... They had a stinker and people are really over reacting. I dont get it...

LTH

Because this is a game you have to take. Preseason seeing the Saints come to town is already a big challenge but having no Drew Brees was huge. Defense didnt make any plays, special teams sucked, offense was inept til end of the third quarter.

So what... it was one game... the saints are a well rounded good football team typically the hawks are slow starters.. at this point there is no reason to be concerned last year they were 0-2 everybody was freaking out... they made the playoffs ...Give them a chance to work it out...

LTH

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":v2oxuygp said:
They clearly had a plan for Kamara. But the defense tackled like a bunch of preschoolers who'd just learned about the game of football. Kamara is really, really good, but he's not that good. Kendricks, in particular, needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Outside of the 2 free TDs we gave them, which were ultimately the difference in the game, MISSED TACKLES was the killer. Tackle better and you win in spite of those gifted TDs. Kamara is a great back and he's a handful to tackle, but they gotta be better than that. He's gonna break tackles at times, but you can't let it happen on more than half the times he has the ball.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I see people post crap like , this and that are things that can be fixed. WHEN????? In the f’ing off season. We are almost a quarter way thru the season. Why haven’t we fixed Carson’s fumbling issue? How is the coaching staff going to adjust when they can’t adjust in a game. When is the secondary going to stop getting beat when they haven’t adjusted three weeks in?

I think some of you don’t know squat about football and coaching. Adjustments should be made ALL the time whenever needed. Remember this, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! You play and say your going to make adjustments when you lose.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
zchurch74":28dv8ns6 said:
I see people post crap like , this and that are things that can be fixed. WHEN????? In the f’ing off season. We are almost a quarter way thru the season. Why haven’t we fixed Carson’s fumbling issue? How is the coaching staff going to adjust when they can’t adjust in a game. When is the secondary going to stop getting beat when they haven’t adjusted three weeks in?

I think some of you don’t know squat about football and coaching. Adjustments should be made ALL the time whenever needed. Remember this, YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME! You play and say your going to make adjustments when you lose.

Carson is the only one that can fix Carson's fumbling issue

Vesuve

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3me9cux9 said:
Fade":3me9cux9 said:
Hockey Guy":3me9cux9 said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

Bad coaching.

The only one I blame on bad coaching would be the penalty on the missed FG that kept the drive alive.

And the wasted 50+ yard pass before the half without stopping the before before the play started.

getnasty

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":27ku66te said:
Sarlacc83":27ku66te said:

Outside of the 2 free TDs we gave them, which were ultimately the difference in the game, MISSED TACKLES was the killer. Tackle better and you win in spite of those gifted TDs. Kamara is a great back and he's a handful to tackle, but they gotta be better than that. He's gonna break tackles at times, but you can't let it happen on more than half the times he has the ball.

We actually gave up 3 Td's if you count Al Woods extending the drive on a missed field goal that lead to a touchdown. I agree about Kamara i actaully thought they played him fine and outside of the screen play for a touchdown (doesn't happen if not for the penalty mention above) game plan against him wasn't bad, tackling him was.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Tusc2000":3mbiphts said:
Bad day. The special teams, the poor pass D, the clock management, calling a Go route on 4th and 1 on a wet day, the weird decision to go for 1 instead of 2.

Yeah, I see it the same way.

As for a player screw up, who was the dummy not in uniform who walked onto the field causing that penalty?

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Vesuve":1tew4ewz said:
Tusc2000":1tew4ewz said:
Bad day. The special teams, the poor pass D, the clock management, calling a Go route on 4th and 1 on a wet day, the weird decision to go for 1 instead of 2.

Yeah, I see it the same way.

As for a player screw up, who was the dummy not in uniform who walked onto the field causing that penalty?

That was Tedric Thompson, according to media Twitter.

kf3339

Reaction score
A lot of us had pretty high hopes for a win today, so it was definitely a bad game. Personally, I think going down 7 early on the punt return for a TD, and the fumble for another TD really messed up our game plan. Whatever that was....

We just don't have the talent on Defense to make up for these mistakes and it showed today.

It also doesn't help that we still make no effort to be aggressive on offense in the first half even with RW able to create when given a chance.

Basically, we are 2-1 where last year the early record was reversed. I have watched too much football to be worried about one game in such a long season. My hope is that the coaches and players see the issues and make the necessary corrections going forward.

If the same issues are showing up by mid season then it's time to get concerned. For now, we just move on to the next game.

Latest posts