Bad Games Happen, But.....

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":1c0zphdb said:
had2bhawk":1c0zphdb said:
Crazy, isn't it?

Carrol, running in front of football.

Return by NO for a TD, which was given by sloppy tackling technique and lasted throughout the game.

Wilson,( forgive me Russ) throwing into the dirt.

Carson, fumble again.

Ifedi,.... :roll: for being Ifedi. He did do better though.

Just wasn't meant to be this week. It's only week 3, Hawks gave up one, at home I may add but, it's a wake up call. I'm still happy They won the first 2. I see them winning 11-12 games. Keep the faith!

Point of note out 50 passes only 2 that were not caught were in the dirt. He completed over 64%. Wilson was not the problem yesterday at all.

Which is probably why the post you just responded to, did not single him out but listed him among SEVERAL factors.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
I got no beef with Sweet Pete, but he is coasting on the laurels here...Baby Boomers strike again.

The team, with an ELITE QB, that we are fielding has the potential to go farther than they have shown and is on par otherwise with every other team in the NFL because parity is the focus.. Don't blame the new gen asst coaches, they don't have the final say. COACH is the coach, and that's that.

When you have so many fundamental eff-ups like yesterday...basic disciplined football at home would've won that game.
Just...no.

Maybe Grampa running in front of a football to the schnoz pregame is no coincidence. Has that happened before?

xray

Reaction score
Seymour":1whtxsvs said:
Fade":1whtxsvs said:
Hockey Guy":1whtxsvs said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

Bad coaching.

Exactly!!

Name that game in 2 words = Bad coaching!!!

When it comes to game planning, adjusting in game, making intelligent in game decisions.....Payton > Carroll
Thinking on his feet > sore feet

AubHawk71

Reaction score
Petey Petey Petey!

Attachments

• The-Subject-as-Noses-the-brady-bunch-8777982-500-333.jpg
    The-Subject-as-Noses-the-brady-bunch-8777982-500-333.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 203

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Fade":2yi1df1o said:
Hockey Guy":2yi1df1o said:
Fade":2yi1df1o said:
Hockey Guy":2yi1df1o said:
We gifted them 4 of the 5 TDs so I'd say the defense was decent. The defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of them ffs.

Bad coaching.

The only one I blame on bad coaching would be the penalty on the missed FG that kept the drive alive.

You must be suffering from amnesia. Let me help you out.

Punting on opponents 39.

Not calling timeout before the half.

Burning 2 timeouts because they can't sub properly.

Didn't go for 2 to make it, A TD 2pt FG game.

Not scheming for #41

Not challenging the RW spot on a would be 1st down.

A run on 3rd and 6 in the 3rd Q.

Came out flat with a gameplan like they were playing with the backup QB, not against one.

It's all about the ball, unless you're Carson, then you can keep playing.

It's not how you start...

Pete said it himself after the game "I had a particular bad day."

You must be suffering from amnesia yourself.

The whole premise of your OP was how bad the defensive gsmeplan was then you say "bad coaching" when I respond that the defense wasn't even on the field for 2 of the TD's as well as being gifted 2 others so I naturally assume you're talking about defensive coaching. All those examples have nothing to do with the defense(except the not scheming for #41, which I disagree with to some extent) which is what I was responding to.

Hope this clears things up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The day was a crap sammich, it happens. Get over it and move forward. I suspect the team will be fired up on Sunday.

Latest posts