"I have no place in my brain for this outcome" - PC

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Schottys play calling improved when he moved to the booth.

Pete INTERFERES too much! He needs to back off and let his coordinators do their fing job!

Oh! And RUN the fing ball!! We are 27th in the NFL!!
All defenses have to do is play the pass, because we'll go away from the run on our own.

We led most of the game, but rarely ran the ball/clock! WTH?

Drew Lock comes in cold and it's pass, pass, pass, INT... *Facepalm*
I hardly think Pete interferes too much. I wish he'd interfere more in the offense. Usually leads to renewed emphasis on balanced offense when he does.

The unbalanced offense seems like him letting Waldron call the games fairly unsupervised. The gameplanned, scripted opening drives are usually quite balanced and focused on moving chains. This'd be something that Pete would have more oversight with, considering it's preplanned. This all points to an offensive coordinator calling the shots, because once they get off that script, it reverts to the unbalanced offense that suddenly can't stay on schedule or move the chains.

If this goes on much longer, I suspect he WILL start dictating the direction of the offensive playcalling more than he is now, and it'll be a bit closer to the philosophy we know the hallmarks of.

ivotuk

Reaction score
You may be right. But I believe over of his biggest failings is handing coaches (Cable) to much power, letting them come up with ideas like "let's shuffle oline men in and out to make them versatile, inevitable making a non functioning online, and letting them interfere in the draft (James Carpenter, Dee Eskeridge, etc, etc.)

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
You may be right. But I believe over of his biggest failings is handing coaches (Cable) to much power, letting them come up with ideas like "let's shuffle oline men in and out to make them versatile, inevitable making a non functioning online, and letting them interfere in the draft (James Carpenter, Dee Eskeridge, etc, etc.)
Yeah, we've definitely seen that before. Rough times on the OL front. Credit where it's due, he was a master at finding talent in the least obvious places to look with Sweezy and Fant. Not much else to praise.

EasyEd48

Reaction score
Hey All,

3rd post.

In my last post I tried to point out what I see as the fundamental issues with Seahawks - to wit:

1) the fundamental mis-match between the drafted and traded for talent available on the Seahawks team and trying to play - my guys are bigger stronger an tougher than your guys - power football (what I think of as old USC peteball). Who here actually believes the Seahawks O-line an D-line are as good as the niners chiefs eagles Dallas an some others?

2) Given 1 above many of the game plans - offense and less often defense are atrocious.

I said that the perhaps best offensive scheme is the bill Walsh west coast offense. I think the Seahawks have the talent to run this style offense really well. Short fast passes unleash the run and the occasional deep ball. I guess people can try to deny the success of the chiefs niners and even going back aways Tom Brady. Get the ball out fast an unleash the rest of the offense.

Couple specifics: backs that catch the ball, precision pass routes, and really important tight ends as receivers not just glorified tackles - can you say Gronkowski, kittle, Kelsey, shannon Sharpe.. remember fant came from a tight end factory Iowa as did kittle I think he can catch the ball.

Why is Seattle coaching so clueless?

From earlier in this thread almost 3 years ago:

"We’re at the point now that Pete refuses to adapt to the current game/his rosters strength and instead thinks forcing his philosophy is all that matters. Quite the responses after an ass kicking at home against a rival...

The league is too data driven to “win your way” now. The old school coaches are slowly fazing out and young, innovative offensive minded coaches drive the NFL. I’ve never been in the fire Pete camp because he is probably the best program builder in the league. I still don’t necessarily want him gone but he HAS to remove himself from the offense."

Enjoy Thanksgiving an the game but have a box of Kleenex ready or a beer to cry into...

-Ed-

cymatica

Reaction score
I said that the perhaps best offensive scheme is the bill Walsh west coast offense. I think the Seahawks have the talent to run this style offense really well. Short fast passes unleash the run and the occasional deep ball. I guess people can try to deny the success of the chiefs niners and even going back aways Tom Brady. Get the ball out fast an unleash the rest of the offense.

Couple specifics: backs that catch the ball, precision pass routes, and really important tight ends as receivers not just glorified tackles - can you say Gronkowski, kittle, Kelsey, shannon Sharpe.. remember fant came from a tight end factory Iowa as did kittle I think he can catch the ball.

Why is Seattle coaching so clueless?

Agree 100%. What's so frustrating is that we actually have the players to scheme a Brady-like offense that can make heavy use of slot receivers, tight ends, and running backs. DK seems to do better when they send him inside on slants, but for some reason they like to constantly throw him contested deep balls which he doesn't seem great at. They love to just run him deep all the time, yet he's money on slants or pretty much anything over the middle. JSN is the perfect Edelman/Walker slot receiver. I never see TE seam passes yet we have 3 great pass catching TEs. Geno is perfect for dissecting the middle of a defense, but he is always throwing outside the numbers.