Athletic Piece on Geno's lost years

sdog1981

Reaction score
The story is behind a paywall. I know you can't post the whole thing. Could you post some of the highlights?

OP
OP
Hawkstorian

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
They talked to each receiver who caught a pass from him between 2015 and 2020. Geno had to try to remember who all the guys were, and he did pretty well. One quote from Brandon Marshall was pretty interesting.

Marshall: I’ve always been hard on Geno to be honest with you. I was traded from the Chicago Bears to the Jets and I became his roommate. I had the room right next to him in his apartment. So I was able to see the young, growing Geno. Ah, Geno. Always dishes in the sink, and that is the type of stuff I was hard on him with. Like come on, can we do the small things right? He kept a tight room. He did do that. But the common areas were kind of messy a little bit, and also there were times where it was like, “Geno, we gotta leave like five minutes ago!” You are setting yourself up to have a successful day because of the significance of making your bed, being in routine, cleaning your room, doing the dishes, being on time. That is the stuff that matters, right? Anybody can go out there and run a 4.4 40. Anybody can go out there and lift all these weights and catch a ball. But what about all the other little things that it takes to not only make it but stay there and be great? And with a quarterback, it is times five. He has always been super talented. But then it’s how do you approach the classroom, film study and taking notes and training and how you eat, how you sleep, how you are spending your free time, right? Just the details. That’s it.

Geno responds to this by agreeing with him.

Eric Decker with a surprising nugget:

I always say Geno threw the best ball that I have played with. I really truly believe that in terms of the spiral, the catchability of it.

toffee

Reaction score
The story is behind a paywall. I know you can't post the whole thing. Could you post some of the highlights?
If you are using Chrome, do this:

Copy the link to that article, open an incognito window, paste the copied link. After the page's loaded, do not scroll, just right click and save the page. Open the saved page and enjoy reading.

cymatica

Reaction score
If you are using Chrome, do this:

Copy the link to that article, open an incognito window, paste the copied link. After the page's loaded, do not scroll, just right click and save the page. Open the saved page and enjoy reading.
Nice thanks. I saved it as a PDF and that worked too

keasley45

Reaction score
Another excerpt. This one from D Moore while he was in Seattle and Geno ran the practice squad.

Moore: Dang near every day, me, DK, Tyler (Lockett), we would always just mess with Geno. We always thought he was cool, so we used to clown with each other and joke around. … It was always a good time with Geno, man. Geno was our scout team player. You’re pretty much going against the (first team) again. He wanted everybody to be on the same page as him. He made sure if you weren’t running your right route, you was going to run that route right the next time because he was going to talk to you and tell you all about it. And if you dropped that ball, he was going to encourage you like: “You gotta catch that one, man. We need that. You good, man. Get it the next time.” But you’re going to hear him. Geno, you never looked at him as a backup QB. You just looked at him like: “That’s a great QB right there, and whenever his time comes to show the world what he can do, he’s going to be ready for it.” Y’all seen it now. He’s killing it. Heck yeah.

Rainger

Reaction score
This article PROVES Pete knew what he was doing and quietly let it happen.

PS I opened it in a private window in BRAVE did not scroll down then printed from BRAVE to a PDF