Anyone think Russ was trying to sabotage the O last year?

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
Some people keep defending at all costs when they should just move on as well.
Not sure if you took the time to read my post but I was the OP and am admitting I was wrong. Not defending at all.

schkoot

Reaction score
Wh is this a topic? People have lost their minds with this Wilson stuff....
You know the answer to this. Old threads with related topics get linked at the bottom of more recent threads. People find the old hot takes and speculation funny so they bump the threads.

It’s kind of interesting how old hot takes don’t just die off here anymore the way they might on Facebook/twitter. You have to own them for a long time.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Not sure if you took the time to read my post but I was the OP and am admitting I was wrong. Not defending at all.

Not sure if you saw who I was responding to but PNW25 is a lifelong Russ defender and he will never admit he was wrong. He's defending always.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I think it's well established that they made the right choice. And we are going to benefit from it in this next draft. He's their problem now. Good

Ozzy

Reaction score
Being a Russell Defender and saying he tried to purposely tank the offense are two different things. Even a Doug Baldwin groupie like Hawkstrong can admit that but he won't because he's a clown.

Seabowl or anyone else....I think Russ was a monster while here and not sure what that is considered a bad thing but regardless the idea he tried to play bad or sabatoge the team is goofy hawkstrong level shit.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Meh, let it go. Doesn't matter anymore. The team is better off. And he used to be my favorite player. But, it was long overdue. The team is better off right now, and that's all that matters.

Yes, I know it's relevant since we get their picks. All the other stuff, whatever floats your boat. Denver is horrible, and it's a very good thing. Come next year, couldn't care less how many games they win.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Meh, let it go. Doesn't matter anymore. The team is better off. And he used to be my favorite player. But, it was long overdue. The team is better off right now, and that's all that matters.

Yes, I know it's relevant since we get their picks. All the other stuff, whatever floats your boat. Denver is horrible, and it's a very good thing. Come next year, couldn't care less how many games they win.
That's where I'm at. It worked out for Seattle and could produce a massive return it we hit it right. I'm pumped about the future and after this year who cares.

HawkStrong

Reaction score
Being a Russell Defender and saying he tried to purposely tank the offense are two different things.

Point out where I said those things are equal?

Even a Doug Baldwin groupie like Hawkstrong can admit that but he won't because he's a clown.

Don't need to admit anything, because I never stated any different. Why do you feel the need to personally attack me constantly? Yes, I know Doug Baldwin, that doesn't make me a groupie. The level of rhetoric you display here is way out of line, dude. You need a timeout, or to take a break from the boards.

Seabowl or anyone else....I think Russ was a monster while here and not sure what that is considered a bad thing but regardless the idea he tried to play bad or sabatoge the team is goofy hawkstrong level shit.

"Hawkstrong" level shit? WTF does that even mean? Just trying to take shots where it doesn't even make sense now.

morgulon1

Reaction score
It’s very possible Russ lost his teammates trust and respect this year.

I’m all for wanting to improve the offensive line but Russ threw his teammates under the bus.

That was a total beach move on his part.

Coaches know, they watch film, players know, they watch film.

I lost respect for Wilson when he did that.

Sacks are also on the QB too.
He caused a lot of his own trouble regarding sacks. The online he had gave him plenty of time on a lot of the plays.
He would miss all his open guys , panic and then run figure 8s until someone got open in the scramble drill. Or he'd throw it out of bounds and the commentators would mention how disciplined #3 is.
I think PC JS learned a valuable lesson.

Rainger

Reaction score
Point out where I said those things are equal?

Don't need to admit anything, because I never stated any different. Why do you feel the need to personally attack me constantly? Yes, I know Doug Baldwin, that doesn't make me a groupie. The level of rhetoric you display here is way out of line, dude. You need a timeout, or to take a break from the boards.

"Hawkstrong" level shit? WTF does that even mean? Just trying to take shots where it doesn't even make sense now.
Let it go HS. PNW is John63s brother. You can never be right about ME3 in anyway in PNWs world.

evergreen

Reaction score
We’re all better off. Flip side is the Donks in suckitude purgatory for years. If you were in the AFC West during your formative years that is just delightful. On the rise again!

Russ gave us the right mojo at QB during his awesomeness. Now as he’s turned inside out and around he’s sparking another meteoric nfl power house!

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
We’re all better off. Flip side is the Donks in suckitude purgatory for years. If you were in the AFC West during your formative years that is just delightful. On the rise again!

Russ gave us the right mojo at QB during his awesomeness. Now as he’s turned inside out and around he’s sparking another meteoric nfl power house!
this^^^^ is where my mental energy is spent as well. I acknoowledge some bad mojo, but focus much more on his positives with us in the past and near future. Bring on the playoffs and see where we get...then the draft next year. Good time to be a hawks fan.

olyfan63

Reaction score
While I don't think Russ was "sabotaging" the O last year, the thing I noticed was Russell's repeated "Aw shucks" body language acceptance of 3rd down failure after 3rd down failure. It just didn't seem like he cared as much, competed as hard, on 3rd down plays. He was especially bad, it seemed, on 3rd-and-3, 3rd and 4 types of situations.