Amazing game by Russell Wilson today

Status
Not open for further replies.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":3dtgxrag said:
Fade":3dtgxrag said:
Hey Tical, how can you show us he can't read zone live from a TV broadcast? You need all 22.

Wouldn't it be easier to post all-22 .gifs and breakdowns? Produce it yourself, or find someone who already has done the work. Shouldn't be hard to come up with if your claim is true.

His passer rating fell from 110 in 2015 to -> 97 in 2017. While leading the team in rushing, the league in TD passes, while accounting for 97% of the scoring, and 80%+ of yards (never done before). And setting an NFL record for 4th QTR TD passes.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/1/29/16945248/2017-seahawks-worst-rushing-modern-nfl-history

" There have been 1145 teams since 1978 to play 16 games.

2017 Seahawks rank in non-QB rush yards: 1137 of 1145"

— Sam HawkBadger (@hwkbgr) January 24, 2018

-Historically bad-

Mike Davis was the leading RB rusher on the team that year at 240 yards. :shock:

He was in the MVP convo behind Wentz & Brady, but then Blair Walsh cost them 3 wins, they didn't win enough games as a team, so no award for him.

2nd worst season? Not even close.

Arguable his best given the degree of difficulty, and the records he set. No O-Line, No Run game, Cabevell, go get 'em Russell.
How quickly we forget about backwards passes, balls thrown up for grabs, 15 yard losses, etc. He wasn’t good in 16 and 17 by almost any metric you can think of. FACT.

I don’t need all-22 to see when Russ is having problems knowing what he’s seeing. You can see it right there pre-snap. Then watch what happens.

We have one more week of grace period. If we feature the pass again this week, two weeks from now the team will play will be prepared for it, and it will be a 16-17 shitshow. And I’ll take any wager anyone here has the balls to offer.

LOL how soon we forget 2016 injured, 2017 he was the whole offense. amazing how you never tell the whole story just your twisted version.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":bj2tspdy said:
John63":bj2tspdy said:
Fade":bj2tspdy said:
Hey Tical, how can you show us he can't read zone live from a TV broadcast? You need all 22.

Wouldn't it be easier to post all-22 .gifs and breakdowns? Produce it yourself, or find someone who already has done the work. Shouldn't be hard to come up with if your claim is true.

His passer rating fell from 110 in 2015 to -> 97 in 2017. While leading the team in rushing, the league in TD passes, while accounting for 97% of the scoring, and 80%+ of yards (never done before). And setting an NFL record for 4th QTR TD passes.

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2018/1/29/16945248/2017-seahawks-worst-rushing-modern-nfl-history

-Historically bad-

Mike Davis was the leading RB rusher on the team that year at 240 yards. :shock:

He was in the MVP convo behind Wentz & Brady, but then Blair Walsh cost them 3 wins, they didn't win enough games as a team, so no award for him.

Arguable his best given the degree of difficulty, and the records he set. No O-Line, No Run game, Cabevell, go get 'em Russell.

Dude you know he has no proof, he just figures if he keeps talking, someone will believe him, or we will get tired of responding and to him either one is a win.
Yeah haha thats what I figure. Go regurgitate what you heard on the Steve Raible show.

still, no proof, pathetic but funny at least.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":1uchgbth said:
MontanaHawk05":1uchgbth said:
Tical21":1uchgbth said:
How quickly we forget about backwards passes, balls thrown up for grabs, 15 yard losses, etc. He wasn’t good in 16 and 17 by almost any metric you can think of. FACT.

You pick his two worst seasons out of eight to define him? Moreso, 2016 when he was injured and 2017 when he had only half of a team around him?
? Those are the only two seasons we were pass-first. What other year would you have chosen?

Another falsehood try 2015 we were pass first most of the season. As to 2016 and 2017 we did not have the personnel to be pass first we just had no choice because we could into run.

Once again you provide no FACT to support anything you say, and what little bit you might supply is only partial truths, with you leaving out the main facts.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":35zxjcjh said:
Tical21":35zxjcjh said:
Fade":35zxjcjh said:

-Historically bad-

I don’t need all-22 to see when Russ is having problems knowing what he’s seeing. You can see it right there pre-snap. Then watch what happens.

We have one more week of grace period. If we feature the pass again this week, two weeks from now the team will play will be prepared for it, and it will be a 16-17 shitshow. And I’ll take any wager anyone here has the balls to offer.

LOL how soon we forget 2016 injured, 2017 he was the whole offense. amazing how you never tell the whole story just your twisted version.
Oh, new excuses? Shocking

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":dg7u2xqt said:
Tical21":dg7u2xqt said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Where are these FACTS you keep bragging about providing?

Prove he is holding it to long? Find PC saying he always holds the ball to long, not sometimes, not on occasion because all QBs do that. But always till then you have nothing at all, but your hate.
Ummm, bro, these stats are available to the public.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
John63":114cas7l said:
MontanaHawk05":114cas7l said:
Tical21":114cas7l said:

You pick his two worst seasons out of eight to define him? Moreso, 2016 when he was injured and 2017 when he had only half of a team around him?

He knows what he is doing he is doing the only thing he can do, since he cant admit he is wrong. Finding those few things he can gripe about while leaving our all the mitigating FACTS that show his attempts to ne what they are, a pathetic attempt to discredit and reduce an Elite QB.

I wasn't talking to you.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":dzfus0iy said:
John63":dzfus0iy said:
Tical21":dzfus0iy said:
Fade":dzfus0iy said:

-Historically bad-

Oh, new excuses? Shocking

Dude they are not excuses they are something you seem to not know about called FACTS, deal with it.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2tdd73l9 said:
Tical21":2tdd73l9 said:

2015, I'm pretty sure he was pass-first. Not that we were without a strong running game that year, though. It's nice to have both.

It might be wise to regard 2016 and 2017 as pass-first BECAUSE we had no credible running threat. Pass-first without a run game? Yeah, that's ugly. Pass-first with a run game? 2018 is the floor.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":1xeiwa89 said:
John63":1xeiwa89 said:
Tical21":1xeiwa89 said:
Fact. Holds the ball longer than anyone. Verifiable. Fact. Always near the top of the league in sacks. If you were to try to decipher if someone had trouble reading zone coverages, aren’t those EXACTLY what you would look at?

Prove he is holding it to long? Find PC saying he always holds the ball to long, not sometimes, not on occasion because all QBs do that. But always till then you have nothing at all, but your hate.

and yet you have not produced one, enough said.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":2465b3hg said:
Tical21":2465b3hg said:
John63":2465b3hg said:
Tical21":2465b3hg said:

You’re literally the only one on this board that is not aware that he holds the ball a long time. It’s on nextgen I think. Knock yourself out.

Tical21

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":cz3t13af said:
MontanaHawk05":cz3t13af said:
Tical21":cz3t13af said:

2015, I'm pretty sure he was pass-first. Not that we were without a strong running game that year, though. It's nice to have both.

It might be wise to regard 2016 and 2017 as pass-first BECAUSE we had no credible running threat. Pass-first without a run game? Yeah, that's ugly. Pass-first with a run game? 2018 is the floor.
They were for the second half of 15, but we’d been first for so long that we were seeing 60% man, and Russ just took the candy.

I actually think an adequate run game isn’t enough. Russ really needs those simple coverages that a dominant run game provides. And when he gets them, nobody is better.

Tical21

Reaction score
John63":1ljrlzxe said:
Tical21":1ljrlzxe said:
John63":1ljrlzxe said:
Tical21":1ljrlzxe said:

Don’t believe me? Ask anyone that breaks down tape. Marty Brown, cmikesspinmove, Baldinger, Chris Brown, whoever. Ask the guys that watch tape for a living how good they think Russell Wilson is at reading zone coverages. See what happens.

John63

Reaction score
Tical21":151a28om said:
John63":151a28om said:
Tical21":151a28om said:
John63":151a28om said:

You’re literally the only one on this board that is not aware that he holds the ball a long time. It’s on nextgen I think. Knock yourself out.

I am arguing the reason he does at times. That being the design of the system and PCs desire to play long ball which requires more time. You want to say it is a Wilson issue, when it is not most of the time it is a PC thing. Perhaps I did not make that clear but given you pension for finding any excuse you can to detract from Wilson I did not even want to give you that. However, being the bigger man I will say yes at times he doe should on to the ball long, but that again is a by product of the system and PCs long ball not because of Wilson as evident by this past game, and most of 2015. You call long slow developing plays the QB needs to hold the ball longer, that is a fact.

John63

Reaction score
I want to apologize to everyone for hijacking this thread. I should not have allowed myself to get pulled into this debate, even though the FACTS are clearly on my side. I will alleviate this from happening again by refraining from engaging with the parties invovled. Again I am sorry.

Fade

Reaction score
When you have a coach who hates dink & dunk, wants the QB to be extra careful with the ball, and wants to chuck it deep off of playaction you are going to have a snap to throw that is towards the bottom of the league, which Wilson has been.

2nd half of '15, he didn't though.

And so far albeit in only 2 games he has the quickest snap time to throw. And he could lead the league for the entire season if Pete demanded it.

Wilson is just doing what his coach wants him to do. So I think it is extremely obtuse to blame Wilson, when the scheme consistently demands he holds the ball.

McGruff

Reaction score
John63":1xdeskay said:
Tical21":1xdeskay said:
Fade":1xdeskay said:

-Historically bad-

Has anyone ever consider that had Wilson performed better in 2017, the running lanes might have developed more?

John63

Reaction score
McGruff":3314nlvd said:
John63":3314nlvd said:
Tical21":3314nlvd said:
Fade":3314nlvd said:

-Historically bad-

Has anyone ever consider that had Wilson performed better in 2017, the running lanes might have developed more?

Ahh he is the qb, he accounted for over 80% of our yards and over 95% of our tds. Not sure he could have performed better with no run game. He led the league in TDs and completed over 60% of his passes. Had a 3 to 1 td to int ratio and led the team in rushing.

Status
Not open for further replies.