A Harsh Reality

JPatera76

Reaction score
i wish a lot of people now would just stfu about wilson and stop creating a new thread every time they feel the need to talk about him while somehow simultaneously trying to shit on the seahawks.

Some of y'all want to obsess nonstop over SP and Wilson go head I'm sure their bandwagon and the Driver of it Deandc (John63) will welcome you aboard.

Its very tiring to see a new Wilson thread constantly while the main reasoning behind them are clearly to troll and stir the shitpot.

RiverDog

Reaction score
They've beaten the Chiefs, Bills, and Browns in the past 4 weeks. They deserve a bit more credit than what your giving them.
I agree. Both the Broncos and Russell are playing lots better, and at this point, I'd say that they are a better team and quarterback than our Hawks and Geno.

Having said that, the real credit for the Broncos turnaround has to go to their defense, the same one that gave up 70 points in one game to the Fins. In their current 5 game winning streak, their defense is allowing an average of 16 points a game. Do that over an entire season and you'll find yourself in the Super Bowl.

cymatica

Reaction score
I'm delusional, except I'm supposed to forget that Miami put up 70 on Denver. And I'm supposed to be impressed by a Cleveland team that beat Baltimore with Watson but lost to Denver with PJ walker.

Come on man.
The PJ Walker browns beat the 49ers

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
You think the roster is terrible? I would still argue there are plenty of plays to be made that Geno is just not making. Matt Waldman did a breakdown highlighting multiple plays were Geno just isn't processing what's in front of him. He was also critical of the play calling so I think he was fair. Geno isn't good though and is who he has been for over a decade now.
Have you not been reading on here? Carroll is terrible, the roster is terrible, play calling is terrible, Schneider is terrible at drafting, we have no talent. It's been like that for years and we keep making the playoffs somehow? Not all these things can be true. But according to some .net football experts it is.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Its kind of how I figured it would play out. Maybe a bit extreme either way.

I figured Russ would struggle last year, and even part of this year. That happened but worse than expected.

Imagined their coach would get fired. That happened.

Figured Payton would come in or another offensive guru. And he did.

Thought Russ would still struggle for a while but then would right the ship. And they would end with a better record than us. Again, pretty much what was expected.

At this point, the Broncos are a better team and likely a more attractive destination, than the Seahawks. I didn't see that coming.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I was being hyperbolic in my response to PNW.

We obviously have a lot of good pieces, but it's an improving roster, not a good roster yet.

We have one consistent, top end CB, with hope that our other side will return to form. An aging MLB who can't cover, two overpaid safeties, holes and inexperience on both lines, two young running backs who can either be inconsistent or inconsistently used, a WR room of #2s, and all spear-headed by an NFL average QB.

Nothing about us is dominant or overly bad. Just average.

Anyone suggesting we have a good roster is kidding themselves, but no, we don't have a trash roster.

Last edited:

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
IS the roster improving though? (People keep saying the roster is improving...curious why)
How is our roster 'improving' when we keep getting worse?

Last year, Riq was one of the most dominant corners in the league. Our other CB was forcing turnovers at a ridiculous rate.
Our secondary was actually GOOD if not at least PALATABLE.
Is our secondary good this year? or even palatable?

Our LBs were trash but our DL was adequate. Our offense was producing. And we won enough games to make a playoff berth.

How many games did we win last year? Do you think we will win less or more this year?

rcaido

Reaction score
IS the roster improving though? (People keep saying the roster is improving...curious why)
How is our roster 'improving' when we keep getting worse?

Last year, Riq was one of the most dominant corners in the league. Our other CB was forcing turnovers at a ridiculous rate.
Our secondary was actually GOOD if not at least PALATABLE.
Is our secondary good this year? or even palatable?

Our LBs were trash but our DL was adequate. Our offense was producing. And we won enough games to make a playoff berth.

How many games did we win last year? Do you think we will win less or more this year?
To be fair, our team got really lucky w/ a weak schedule and untimely injuries by the Rams last year. They didn't have Stafford and Cardinals fell off a cliff. This year, the team is getting expose for actually being borderline .500 team trying to make the last playoff wild card. I had them getting 7-10 and 9-8 at best before the season started.

I think the main problem right now is Geno's energy and confidence...He is almost turning into sCam Newton sulking. The young players are missing the confidence that they can always win no matter how far behind corny mentality Wilson had. There doesn't seem to be any kind of leadership in the offense. Individually they have a bunch of stud players but there is no Bladwin to yell at the QB if he's not playing right. The coaches sure wont.

As for the defense. Im pretty surprise w/ this young defense. I think second half though, Bobby will struggle. Diggs should have been traded or benched already, he has given up. Still think we should have gotten Carter over Weatherspoon. He can control one side of the field but a player like Carter can disrupt the QB the whole game. Reek, Bryant, Brown, & Jackson would have been good enough. The main problem though is Diggs, they cut him and maybe players will start putting more effort. Diggs is the captain on defense and isn't acting like it.

So both offense & defense, leadership is the problem.

evergreen

Reaction score
Another main problem is treating DK like he's AJ. He ain't. We waste so many plays getting the ball right to him only to have him drop it. You know JSU or Bobo catch those passes. He was killing our "drives" against the 9ers. Anyone of those balls if caught gives us four more downs. More rest for the D, more bench time for 9ers offense. I'm convinced that despite his incredible potential its time to move on this offseason. Get a 2nd for him. I used to think a first, IDK now...

rcaido

Reaction score
Another main problem is treating DK like he's AJ. He ain't. We waste so many plays getting the ball right to him only to have him drop it. You know JSU or Bobo catch those passes. He was killing our "drives" against the 9ers. Anyone of those balls if caught gives us four more downs. More rest for the D, more bench time for 9ers offense. I'm convinced that despite his incredible potential its time to move on this offseason. Get a 2nd for him. I used to think a first, IDK now...
Seahawks should have traded DK, instead of Wilson. The Jets offered two first round picks. Never understood paying two WRs over 20million and have a journeyman QB/backup throw to him.

Latest posts