49ers fire Wilks

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Not sure if it's harsh or not. Number 3 scoring defense and they played well in the super bowl but they underperformed at times.

If Salah had been fired this year I could have saw him go back there.

Mizak

Reaction score
he messed up in overtime against the Chiefs. Kyle was not happy, according to reports.

nanomoz

Reaction score
Seems harsh. I guess you can argue that that dline underperformed, but the Chiefs oline has a license to hold. I believe they've been called for holding once in three super bowls.

James in PA

Reaction score
Shanny was more at fault in that game than Wilks, but Shanny aint gonna fire himself. Also, Shanny shouldn't have lied and said he expects everyone on the staff to be back. Should've just given the usual "we're going to sit down and evaluate everything" line when asked about specific coaches.

Rat

Reaction score
He wasn't amazing, but he did have pretty big shoes to fill having to follow Robert Saleh and Demeco Ryans. I'm not sure who they're going to get that's better this late in the process. They can't be delusional enough to think Belichick is going to swallow his pride.

I was surprised to see that Darryl Tapp was his assistant DL coach. Apparently, he is now headed to DC to take the Commanders' DL coach job under Dan Quinn.

94Smith

Reaction score
I think it was more of Wilks was forced to fit the 49ers system rather than the 49ers fit Wilks system. It was kind of off from the start. Also, they played well in the Superbowl but massively underperformed in the NFC championship and divisional game. Shanahan overided a blitz call in OT

Jac

Reaction score
Shanahan getting pretty “defensive”’ in the press, and lots of finger pointing going around.