A Harsh Reality

Xxx

Reaction score
Yeah it's all speculation, and I definitely grew tired of Wilson's schtick. I'm just wondering if Wilsons idea of more control in the offense wasn't necessarily being a Tom Brady but instead finding a good offensive mind who could make him a more complete QB.

Hearing KJ talk about Geno and DK spending so much time on go routes in practice makes me wonder if Wilson was tired of the outside the numbers offense being such a point of emphasis. Even other basic concepts were avoided like the plague here like QB sneaks and RB screens. Wilson already has 9 QB sneaks in Denver, I'm struggling to remember him doing that once here.
You’re so right, the JSN screen for a touchdown and whatever that reverse thing that bobo did for a touchdown were two plays that Seattle has NEVER done well. Too bad that stuff hasn’t been implemented more. I know they weren’t rb screens but they were still creative rush defeating plays. That screen to jsn came after the bengals game where we had absolutely no creativity in the red zone. Someone posted a YouTube breakdown by a talented analyst that I can’t recall his name but he pointed out the lack of production in the red zone and called for screens and then lo and behold jsn has the best screenplay I’ve seen in a decade from the Seahawks

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chiefs Bills and Browns... give me a break.

Chiefs don't have a wide receiver and Mahomes was sick. Josh Allen has played like trash and the Browns have given up.

This isn't the Dallas/SF/Philly kind of gauntlet.

Good lord. The Chiefs are 8-3, the Bills just took Philly to OT, and Cleveland just beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh before dropping one to Denver. Not bad for a team thats given up as you say.

We get it. You hate Russ and the Broncos and wouldn't give them an ounce of credit even if they won the SB this year.

getnasty

Reaction score
Why do we care about the Broncos and why are we suprised. Payton is a solid coach and Russ has always been a solid QB.

Funny how everyone thought we fleeced them and Pete and John were geniuses a month ago.

Sean Payton is the equal to Pete Carroll in my book. They go about it different ways but their results are similar. Both have 1 Superbowl, both have been to the playoffs a ton. Both should have 1 more ring.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Why do we care about the Broncos and why are we suprised.
Many people care because we still AFC West sports trauma. I still don't like seeing John Elway's face.

The surprise is because Payton had what he had and the defense gave up 70 points to the Dolphins on top of the team being 1-5. That defense has gotten 15 turnovers in the last four weeks. It's a very unusual situation.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Good lord. The Chiefs are 8-3, the Bills just took Philly to OT, and Cleveland just beat Baltimore and Pittsburgh before dropping one to Denver. Not bad for a team thats given up as you say.

We get it. You hate Russ and the Broncos and wouldn't give them an ounce of credit even if they won the SB this year.
I don't hate Russ, I was one of the few who was very disappointed he was traded.

But you're wrong.

Mahomes was lost that entire game and clearly sick. The Bills are a trash heap this year and Cleveland beat Baltimore with Watson and Pittsburgh with Kenny Pickett.

CouchLogic

Reaction score
They should be, they were a QB away when they traded for Sandwich. They should have been a playoffs last year, but we all saw what happened. Point being, not shocked at all.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
I don't want to discount Denver's wins, they are on a hot streak and winning games in the NFL counts no matter who you are playing and under what circumstances.

I haven't been blown away by their performances though, they are just another average/above average team now, which is a huge upgrade from last year.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't want to discount Denver's wins, they are on a hot streak and winning games in the NFL counts no matter who you are playing and under what circumstances.

I haven't been blown away by their performances though, they are just another average/above average team now, which is a huge upgrade from last year.

Denver's obviously a better team under a real head coach.

But none of what they're doing getting to the exact same record as us = "harsh reality" or "Denver won the trade."

Because if Russ were still here we'd be even worse than we are now, that's 8-10 excellent starters and backups/depth players off the roster........AND a disgruntled QB who's on the backside of his career.

Just because Geno's not playing great doesn't mean we shouldn't have traded Russ. We most certainly did the right thing, because outside of a mediocre Geno, this roster is packed with new talent. Some of it elite.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I don't hate Russ, I was one of the few who was very disappointed he was traded.

But you're wrong.

Mahomes was lost that entire game and clearly sick. The Bills are a trash heap this year and Cleveland beat Baltimore with Watson and Pittsburgh with Kenny Pickett.

Your making light of the Baltimore game? The same Ravens team that destroyed Seattle? Your delusional my friend. And before you go making light of that Pittsburgh game, let me remind you that Seattle still has to play them yet so i'd hold my roll until then.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Your making light of the Baltimore game? The same Ravens team that destroyed Seattle? Your delusional my friend. And before you go making light of that Pittsburgh game, let me remind you that Seattle still has to play them yet so i'd hold my roll until then
I'm delusional, except I'm supposed to forget that Miami put up 70 on Denver. And I'm supposed to be impressed by a Cleveland team that beat Baltimore with Watson but lost to Denver with PJ walker.

Come on man.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Denver's obviously a better team under a real head coach.

But none of what they're doing getting to the exact same record as us = "harsh reality" or "Denver won the trade."

Because if Russ were still here we'd be even worse than we are now, that's 8-10 excellent starters and backups/depth players off the roster........AND a disgruntled QB who's on the backside of his career.

Just because Geno's not playing great doesn't mean we shouldn't have traded Russ. We most certainly did the right thing, because outside of a mediocre Geno, this roster is packed with new talent. Some of it elite.
No argument from me. I'm a Geno believer.

Ozzy

Reaction score
Yes. I don't blame Geno for this trash roster and playbook.
You think the roster is terrible? I would still argue there are plenty of plays to be made that Geno is just not making. Matt Waldman did a breakdown highlighting multiple plays were Geno just isn't processing what's in front of him. He was also critical of the play calling so I think he was fair. Geno isn't good though and is who he has been for over a decade now.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
I'm delusional, except I'm supposed to forget that Miami put up 70 on Denver. And I'm supposed to be impressed by a Cleveland team that beat Baltimore with Watson but lost to Denver with PJ walker.

Come on man.

You mean that PJ Walker led team that damn near beat Seattle? Lol.

Latest posts