A Harsh Reality

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Again - can we just get a separate section for Russ/Broncos posts?

I mean I wanted him/them to tank too, but now it's just like a bad ExGF or something -

Watched part of their game yesterday and had to change it after hearing Me3 calls at the line - I was just like OMG - switch the channel.

Funny how there's two camps with Russ. You either hate him or recognize that he was Seattle's best QB ever and the NFL is just a business.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Funny how there's two camps with Russ. You either hate him or recognize that he was Seattle's best QB ever and the NFL is just a business.
Third camp: Tired of hearing and talking about him!

I wonder if subway's open? ;)

Mizak

Reaction score
Next 6 games for Broncos:

Texans
Chargers
Lions
Patriots
Chargers
Raiders

the anti Wilson crowd back then: Russell will get swept by that tough schedule.

now: crickets.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Puke! Bunch of Donkey fans posing as Seahawks fans…

Payton stuck to the run game and used an occasional deep ball here and there.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
They've beaten the Chiefs, Bills, and Browns in the past 4 weeks. They deserve a bit more credit than what your giving them.
Chiefs Bills and Browns... give me a break.

Chiefs don't have a wide receiver and Mahomes was sick. Josh Allen has played like trash and the Browns have given up.

This isn't the Dallas/SF/Philly kind of gauntlet.

Last edited:

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Next 6 games for Broncos:

Texans
Chargers
Lions
Patriots
Chargers
Raiders

the anti Wilson crowd back then: Russell will get swept by that tough schedule.

now: crickets.
Texans Broncos has turned into a really interesting game.

Chargers x2 in an AFC west battle, that poor Chargers team have lost soo many close games.

Patriots suck and Raiders will find a way to lose. Lions coin flip.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Puke! Bunch of Donkey fans posing as Seahawks fans…

Payton stuck to the run game and used an occasional deep ball here and there.
Donkey fans because some of don't have clouded vision? All we are saying is that he's playing well.
F the Bronco's. Doesn't change the fact that he's playing good football this year. The Hawks are the only team that matters.
Bronco's fans? Nah, never.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Texans Broncos has turned into a really interesting game.

Chargers x2 in an AFC west battle, that poor Chargers team have lost soo many close games.

Patriots suck and Raiders will find a way to lose. Lions coin flip.
The turnaround for the Texans has been really impressive. All this with a rookie under center. That's a pretty good football team that plays hard and never gives up.

bmorepunk

Reaction score

I mean I wanted him/them to tank too, but now it's just like a bad ExGF or something -

Watched part of their game yesterday and had to change it after hearing Me3 calls at the line - I was just like OMG - switch the channel.
This is a Broncos thread.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The Denver Broncos are better than the Seahawks. Sorry, but it's true.

I guess we can find some ironic solace in the fact that the Broncos are winning by playing really good defense, running the ball and Russ making a couple key throws per game.

You know, all the things that he hated not being the center piece of a team throwing it 40 times a game, which led to him wanting out.

OP
OP
Rat

Rat

Reaction score

I didn't even mention Russ. It's not a Broncos are good thread, it's a Seahawks are bad one.

cymatica

Reaction score
You know, all the things that he hated not being the center piece of a team throwing it 40 times a game, which led to him wanting out.

Was that really his gripe? I'm starting to think he was tired of the coaching ineptitude that required him to play hero ball in the 4th. Defense turned into trash and Pete was holding on to Norton. He probably saw no improvement in the near future.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Was that really his gripe? I'm starting to think he was tired of the coaching ineptitude that required him to play hero ball in the 4th. Defense turned into trash and Pete was holding on to Norton. He probably saw no improvement in the near future.

We'll never know what really went on behind closed doors between Russ and the organization. But from most reliable sources yes Russ wasn't happy with Pete AND the way he was being used. He thought he was Brady or Rodgers, and wanted more control over not only how he was used, but the general direction of the offense/team.

So parse that however you want, but I think this explanation makes the most sense with how things went down.

IMO the irony of the Broncos is still legitimate. Russ now plays for another hardline my way or the highway coach who is using Russ EXACTLY how Pete used him. Manage the game, build a great defense, run the ball and don't make mistakes.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Btw, Bronco fans now trying to dunk on us is pretty damn funny.

Sure, that's "winning" the trade. Overpaying for a game manager to make a miracle run to......................wait for it...............a possible Wildcard berth.

WOW, SO MUCH WINNING.

cymatica

Reaction score
We'll never know what really went on behind closed doors between Russ and the organization. But from most reliable sources yes Russ wasn't happy with Pete AND the way he was being used. He thought he was Brady or Rodgers, and wanted more control over not only how he was used, but the general direction of the offense/team.

So parse that however you want, but I think this explanation makes the most sense with how things went down.

IMO the irony of the Broncos is still legitimate. Russ now plays for another hardline my way or the highway coach who is using Russ EXACTLY how Pete used him. Manage the game, build a great defense, run the ball and don't make mistakes.

Yeah it's all speculation, and I definitely grew tired of Wilson's schtick. I'm just wondering if Wilsons idea of more control in the offense wasn't necessarily being a Tom Brady but instead finding a good offensive mind who could make him a more complete QB.

Hearing KJ talk about Geno and DK spending so much time on go routes in practice makes me wonder if Wilson was tired of the outside the numbers offense being such a point of emphasis. Even other basic concepts were avoided like the plague here like QB sneaks and RB screens. Wilson already has 9 QB sneaks in Denver, I'm struggling to remember him doing that once here.

Latest posts