49ers still look like a shambles

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
I hope the 9ers suck for a long time. I hate them. Even though I live in Portland... man... bye bye Chip. I hope he runs the organization into the ground!!

LegionHawk12

Reaction score
61 million? What are they supposed to do with that now? Lock up guys long term and over spend on "mediocre" talent.. ahhhemm... lol

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
LegionHawk12":284m28ai said:
61 million? What are they supposed to do with that now? Lock up guys long term and over spend on "mediocre" talent.. ahhhemm... lol

They were never going to spend in FA .. because the FA class was extremely weak this season. Arguably the weakest in at least a decade.

Like popeye said earlier, if they went and blew their load on a Bruce Irvin, Sean Smith, etc. all that does is probably take the Niners from a 3-4 win team to a 5-6 win team - at best.

Now I don't know if this "strategy" is by design for Baalke/York or just York being cheap .. but either way, IMO its the right course of action this year. They were never going to contend for a playoff spot, spending money just to spend money is the absolute worst thing a team thats a ways away from contending should do.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1g0hp4yg said:
Now I don't know if this "strategy" is by design for Baalke/York or just York being cheap .. but either way, IMO its the right course of action this year.

:th2thumbs:

Two points on this:

1) Really hard to parse out how cheap or not York is from this, as for better or for worse I think Baalke definitely has control on these decisions, and he's almost never been a player in top of the FA market. For him to be a player in the (seemingly) low talent and crazily overheated FA market this year would have been MAJORLY out of character for him, and IMO, if anything it would have only signaled that he was worried about his job security.

2) York is emotionally immature, reactionary, has no control as a leader, and lacks vision. He's simply out of his depth. I don't have many positive things to say about him, but I think the "York is cheap" meme is inaccurate, and is just used as a stand-in for what in reality are much bigger problems.

If it was as simple as "York is cheap" Tomsula would still be the coach. Instead, this year the 9ers are paying a guy thrust into a position he'd never succeed in 10.5 million dollars just NOT to be the coach, and another guy who has a hot name but is an organizational cancer 6 million this year to be the coach.

The 9ers are paying 16.5 million this year for a head coach. :lol:

Jed York is a reactionary rube who doesn't know what he's doing and gets himself into idiotic situations like this one which he then has to pay for. He's basically too dumb to just be cheap.

Even if Baalke is a below average GM, he's really the only thing keeping the 49ers from being the Browns or worse.

Laloosh

Reaction score
rlkats":3tmckx62 said:
Largent80":3tmckx62 said:
Who cares?...Niners suck and will for years to come.

Hey largent is that Tomsula as your pic??? Lol
If it were Tomsula, he'd be holding a spoon and wearing a bib.

bjornanderson21

Reaction score
It's possible the Niners know they are not close to contending for a title and are spending this season getting ready to implement a 5 year plan.

This is a tough division to win and it won't be the Niners.

chris98251

Reaction score
bjornanderson21":1jk6vegc said:
It's possible the Niners know they are not close to contending for a title and are spending this season getting ready to implement a 5 year plan.

If that was the case Tomsula would be the coach still, they Hired Kelly hoping for Harbaugh 2.0.

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":391rv5qh said:
bjornanderson21":391rv5qh said:

If that was the case Tomsula would be the coach still, they Hired Kelly hoping for Harbaugh 2.0.

Ticket sales would have plummeted and concessions would have suffered if Tomsula was kept. Its all about the money and to make money, you have to give fans some semblance of hope Or they won't show up.