49ers Broncos prediction thread

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
The 49ers might actually hate Wilson more. Or feel they have something to prove. Kittle is expected to go.

Could The score be 43 to 8?

Ruminator

Reaction score
THIS is the game of the week! Go... Bronco opponent! (Can't say the F-word!) This season, each Bronco loss will put me in as good of a mood as a Seahawk win. Except, of course, Seahawk losses are somewhat more permissible this season for reasons discussed elsewhere.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
This game is a win/win situation for us. If Broncs win the niners lose enhancing our prospects in division standings. If the niners win we get a better pick. This will be repeated every other game the Broncs play vs our division. I like it! Unless Russ is actually SF's kryptonite I see progress toward a better draft pick as the most likely outcome.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Joe Staley was on the radio talking about how much he/they hate Russ. Didn't seem like a "competitor who broke our hearts too many times" sort of thing either; like a legit dislike of the person.

I think, not now, but eventually, I am going to swing to feeling for the man. He's been getting piled on and made fun of from every angle; feels like a man without a home right now, as even Denver doesn't really have an emotional attachment to him.

OP
OP
S

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Joe Staley was on the radio talking about how much he/they hate Russ. Didn't seem like a "competitor who broke our hearts too many times" sort of thing either; like a legit dislike of the person.

I think, not now, but eventually, I am going to swing to feeling for the man. He's been getting piled on and made fun of from every angle; feels like a man without a home right now, as even Denver doesn't really have an emotional attachment to him.

Russ put himself with a neophyte coach who, first game out, shut Russ out of his final play to try for a fg. Clearly even this coach didn’t think Russ would sufficiently cook.

KinesProf

Reaction score
Russ put himself with a neophyte coach who, first game out, shut Russ out of his final play to try for a fg. Clearly even this coach didn’t think Russ would sufficiently cook.
Yeah, I think he is in a tough spot. Admittedly, some/much of it is of his own creation.

But, personally, I can feel my empathy towards him coming over time; as he is going to be piled on over much of the duration of the remainder of his career - be it salary, assets given up for him, or diminishing ability; and he isn't good enough anymore to shut people up with his play. I believe as far as I can tell that he is a genuinely good man/father, if not a little unauthentic; but he has become a massive target and he just doesn't have the equity in the bank with Broncos fans for that market to go to bat for him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think Russ is going to need some tub time after this one.

Broncos 16 - 49ers 24

James in PA

Reaction score
I'm trying to look at this game through a glass half full lens. One of them has to lose. I suppose they could tie, which would be OK too. But just trying to be as objective as possible, the Niners are simply a better team. Now that Jimmy G has replaced the kid, they will be a tough out. They should win this one.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
Yeah, I think he is in a tough spot. Admittedly, some/much of it is of his own creation.

But, personally, I can feel my empathy towards him coming over time; as he is going to be piled on over much of the duration of the remainder of his career - be it salary, assets given up for him, or diminishing ability; and he isn't good enough anymore to shut people up with his play. I believe as far as I can tell that he is a genuinely good man/father, if not a little unauthentic; but he has become a massive target and he just doesn't have the equity in the bank with Broncos fans for that market to go to bat for
He's earned every bit of it

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
I like the 69ers 27-18
Then again it depends on which Jimmy G you’re getting on Sunday. We’ve seen him stink in the past with regularity tbh so they’ll need to run the ball effectively. Denver just isn’t a very good team tho

Last edited:

Mizak

Reaction score
Ready for Russ to have that deer in headlight stare as 9er D stop his ass.

Scout

Reaction score
I think it is going to be a good game. But if the Broncos defense doesn't slow down the 49ers offense it could be the difference in the game.

xray

Reaction score
This is Jimmy's team to start with imo .